It Has To Be You (Chapter 45)

It Has To be You

 

CHAPTER 45

 

 

Jongwoon’s phone rings while he’s having a business conference with the top business men in Seoul; he excuses his self and answers his phone

 

“Babe, I’m having a conference right now. Please call me later”

 

“Jongwoon I need you to be in Han Garden Inn later”

 

“What time?”

 

“Can you make it at three in the afternoon?”

 

“Yes”

 

“Saranghae”

 

Ryeowook hang up; Jongwoon return to the conference as he continue discussing his new project for Shanghai Corporation

 

 

 

 

 

*HAN GARDEN INN*

 

 

Jongwoon arrive at Han Garden Inn at exactly three in the afternoon. Heechul’s secretary escorted him inside function room two. Jongwoon was shock to see Kangin inside

 

“Why are you here? Where is Wookie?”

 

Kangin raised his eyebrow and shook his head; Jongwoon get his phone inside his pocket and calls Ryeowook

 

“Where are you?”

 

“I’m still in school, why?”

 

“I thought you’ll be here in your hotel at three?”

 

“Appa is already there?”

 

Jongwoon nod

 

“Yes?”

 

“You talk to him before we go in our vacation tomorrow”

 

“What?”

 

“I mean I want you to have a little chat with Appa, so you can have bonding moments with each other. I’ll be home before dinner”

 

Ryeowook hang up; Jongwoon sit beside his father and sigh

 

“Wookie set us up?”

 

“What? She’s such a kid”

 

Kangin smile without looking at his son. There was a long moment of silence before Kangin speaks

 

“So how are you?”

 

“Fine”

 

Kangin look at him

 

“Hannie told me that you’re really doing well in handling the Shanghai Corporation. Your mother is already planning to let you handle Park Corporation too”

 

“We already talk about it, but I told her that I’m not yet ready. I need to talk with my wife first because she might freak out if I spend most of my time outside our house and won’t see me too often”

 

“At least you find time with her during the weekends”

 

“I don’t know, I told Umma that Wookie and I are planning to have a baby soon. I must not accept lot of works for the meantime, so I can spend more time with my wife”

 

Kangin pat his shoulder and smile

 

“I’m hoping for a grandchild soon”

 

“We will try Appa. I really hope Wookie and I can make it. I already want to have one too”

 

Jongwoon bows his head and they are silent again for the meantime. Jongwoon stare at the window as he start feeling akward towards his own father

 

“Are you going to remain quiet the whole day?”

 

Kangin ask him; Jongwoon shook his head while looking at the window

 

“I really can’t understand why my daughter in law set me up in a date with you, but I thank her for doing it. Since when is the last time we came out together and have a bonding time with each other?”

 

Jongwoon didn’t answer

 

“I also don’t know son. I guess I really set a very big distant with you, that’s why I don’t know much about you”

 

Jongwoon remains quiet

 

“Maybe Wookie wants us to be close with each other, because there’s always a tension between us whenever we meet each other”

 

“Because you always see me as a waste”

 

Jongwoon answer him, still looking at the window

 

“That’s not true Jongwoon-ah”

 

Jongwoon look at him with sad face

 

“Really? You never see my achievements Appa. You only focus your attention to Bummie who always follow you and never disobey you and Umma”

 

Kangin fell silent

 

“I oppose you all the time, that’s why you hate me. Because of that you’re always mad at me though I’m not doing anything; everytime you see me, you never see what I have achieve because you always see my mistakes and always consider me as a shame in the family. Playboy, arrogant, and no respect, but on the other hand you never see how much I struggle to be close to you. It seems that you always go far away from me whenever I try to reach you out”

 

“Because you never follow me, and you grow like that, hard headed boy”

 

“Appa, you always want me to do all the things that you want, and not the things that I want. This is my life, but you always want me to follow every command that you want. You set a very high expectation that makes me feel so pressure. I know I am the first born, but I also want to have a freedom, but you keep on pulling me down so I can’t fly on my own”

 

“Because you’re hard headed”

 

Jongwoon sigh

 

“Because you never listen to me”

 

Kangin takes a deep breath

 

“I never want you to become a superstar, but you disobey me and expose our life in public. You’ve been involved in so many scandals causing other people to talk behind our back and causing bad image to our family. People think that we never raise you well that you became like that”

 

“I became like this because of you!”

 

Kangin’s eyes widened, controlling his anger

 

“If you just let me follow my dreams and support me I will never be like this. You are so cruel to me because I oppose you and walk on my own feet just to follow my dream. Because you hate it that you became like this to me. You start treating me as if I am not your son which makes me think that Umma just adopt me. You never love me, because I follow my own dream, disobeying you. I know that I disappoint you Appa, but at least support me. That’s the thing that I’m waiting for you, but you never give me that chance because of your selfishness. You always push me away everytime that I want to be close with you. You never became proud of me, because you always see me and all my mistakes and you never forgive me”

 

Jongwoon was controlling his tears from falling

 

“I’m sorry son. I never knew that you suffer so much because of me”

 

“I respect you Appa, you’re my father and I love you. But please respect me too. I am your son not anyone else”

 

Kangin look at him

 

“I am very happy when Teukie give birth of you; being a father is never easy. I really became disappointed when you grow like that. I keep on blaming you without realizing that it’s my fault, that’s why you’re like that. I fail to be a good father to you”

 

Jongwoon shook his head

 

“That’s not true, I will never learn to be like this and appreciate life if you’re not my father”

 

Kangin wipe his tears and hold his son’s hand

 

“I never tell you this son, but I am really proud of you. The moment that I first watch you in TV, I told myself how lucky I am to have a first born son like you. I hide it and remain quiet all the time. I am afraid that you’ll never accept it because you’re mad at me, but the truth is, I am so proud of you and Teukie can tell it to you if you don’t believe”

 

Jongwoon smile

 

“I never became mad at you Appa. I keep on waiting for the day that we became close and talk peacefully like this”

 

“I’m really sorry Jongwoon for whatever mistakes that I’ve done, and for not paying attention to you”

 

Jongwoon hug his father

 

“Appa, you don’t have to apologize because you just did what you need to do for me to grow as a good person. It’s my fault that I didn’t follow you, but I hope you can understand me. I didn’t ruin my life because I respect you, the only thing that I did is oppose you and follow my own dreams”

 

“But you already give it up”

 

Jongwoon smile

 

“I give it up willingly for the girl that I love most and I don’t regret it”

 

Kangin ruffles his hair and smile

 

“You’re really my son Kim Jongwoon”

 

“Of course”

 

Jongwoon hug him as he smiles brightly at his father

 

 

 

 

Ryeowook came home before dinner; Jongwoon was sitting on the sofa while reading a business article. Ryeoowook carefully walk towards the stairs

 

“KIM RYEOWOOK!!!!!!”

 

Jongwoon shouts while staring at her; Ryewook cover her ears and look at him nervously

 

“What the hell is that?”

 

“Did you and Appa already reconcile?”

 

Jongwoon walk towards her and flick her forehead

 

“Do you really think your plan works?”

 

“So I fail?”

 

Jongwoon smile and hug her tight

 

“No, thank you babe”

 

Jongwoon kissed her and smile

 

“Appa and I are ok now; much better than before”

 

Ryeowook sigh

 

“Good thing it work. I am so afraid to come home, because I know that you’ll just scold at me”

 

“Who told you that I’m going to yells at you?”

 

“You always do that everytime I do things that you don’t want”

 

Jongwoon give her a sweet kiss

 

“But this time I really like what you did”

 

Ryeowook smile

 

“I wish I’m there awhile ago, so I can watch you and Appa”

 

“We just have a normal conversation. Appa wants to thank you for setting us up”

 

“It’s ok, I always want to do that before. I’m just scared that you’ll be mad at me and leave me again because you’ll throw tantrum”

 

“I’m not like that”

 

“Yeah right”

 

Ryeowook tip toed so she can reach Jongwoon’s lips

 

“Can you please lower your head so I can kiss you?”

 

Jongwoon smirk and carry her on his arm; Ryeowook kiss him and pouts

 

“Why are you so tall? You always need to carry me so I can kiss you, that’s not fair”

 

“Why are you so small? I hate carrying you because you’re growing so big like a hippo and you’re so heavy”

 

“YAH!”

 

Jongwoon brush his nose to hers

 

“Just kidding”

 

Jongwoon removes her shoes and throw it on the sofa and look at her legs

 

“Why are you wearing mini skirt?”

 

Ryeowook raised her eyebrow

 

“So?”

 

Jongwoon frown

 

“You can’t expose your legs to other people beside me, do you understand?”

 

Ryeowook shook her head while smiling

 

“I will wear what I want”

 

“Fine. It looks good on you anyway”

 

“You’re falling in my trap again Jongwoon, I’m really seductive, right?”

 

Jongwoon shook his head

 

“No”

 

Jongwoon stuck his tongue out and stare at her

 

“You’re really seductive babe, and you’re always seducing me”

 

“See, I’m right”

 

Ryeowook kissed his lips and wrap her hands on his neck. Jongwoon response to her kiss, he removes Ryeowook’s blouse and stare at her red bra. Ryeowook hold his face and start kissing him again. Jongwoon brush his fingers at her back, removing her bra exposing her s. Jongwoon start kissing her neck.

 

“Jongwoon”

 

“Hmmm?”

 

“Let’s go upstairs, we might wake Dabong”

 

“He’s not listening ok”

 

Ryeowook hold his lips

 

“Let’s go to our room now”

 

Jongwoon kiss her before going inside their room to continue their business