It Has To be You (Chapter 30)

It Has To be You

 

CHAPTER 30

 

Jongwoon was sitting at the living room, talking to Heechul and Teukie who are waiting for Ryeowook.

 

“Are you in a hurry?”

 

They shook their head

 

“No”

 

“I didn’t wake Wookie early because she’s sleeping peacefully awhile ago, and I don’t want to disturb her”

 

Teukie smile

 

“It’s ok Jongwoon, Wookie needs a proper rest. Heechul and I really plan to come here early”

 

Jongwoon raised his eyebrow while staring at his mother

 

“Why?”

 

Teukie laugh softly and shook her head

 

“Nothing”

 

“You’re so weird”

 

Heechul was staring at Dabong

 

“You have a dog, since when did that puppy arrive?”

 

“Last week”

 

“You bought it?”

 

Jongwoon nod happily

 

“Yes Mama, that’s my gift for Wookie”

 

Heechul stare at him blankly

 

“I bought it because she envies Minnie for having a dog, but I didn’t know that she’s afraid of dogs and want a rabbit for a pet. I am allergic to rabbits so I can’t buy her one”

 

“I see”

 

Ryeowook came down running, she almost fall down on the stairs

 

“Li xu, be careful”

 

Ryeowook stares at her mothers

 

“Mianhae mama and Teukie Umma to keep you waiting”

 

Teukie smile at her

 

“It’s ok, we don’t need to be in a hurry”

 

“Shall we go now?”

 

Ryeowook nod and look at her husband

 

“Just eat outside hubby, I’m sorry I wake up so late and I can no longer prepare your lunch. I don’t know if I can go back before dinner”

 

“I’m fine don’t worry, just enjoy this day and be safe”

 

Jongwoon kiss her; Teukie smile at her son

 

“Jongwoon, don’t’ play around while Wookie is out, arasso?”

 

“Why are you thinking crazy things?”

 

“Just reminding you”

 

“You need to go now Umma, and return my wife to me safely”

 

“Ok”

 

 

 

 

Ryeowook was sitting on the chair blankly while watching Heechul and Teukie hug each other. She can see through their eyes that they are very excited for the result of her pregnancy test. Ryeowook’s heart is beating fast, a combination of fear and nervousness. She wants to hear a good news but she’s hundred percent sure that they will be hearing bad news today. Jia came in holding the result of her pregnancy test. Ryeowook stares at her, and judging by her expression, the result is really negative.

 

“Doctor, is our Li xu pregnant?”

 

Heechul ask while smiling brightly; Jia take a deep breath and stares at them

 

“I’m really sorry to inform you that Li xu is not pregnant, the result is negative”

 

Heechul look at Teukie sadly as their smile suddenly vanished

 

“Mrs. Han, I am very much concern about the condition of your daughter”

 

Jia look at Heechul sadly

 

“Why? Is there anything wrong with my Li xu?”

 

“Well…”

 

Jia look at Ryeowook who keeps her head low before talking

 

“I’m afraid that your daughter will undergo a hard time being pregnant, and there’s a chance that she can’t be pregnant”

 

Heechul’s eyes widened as well as Teukie, they stare at her blankly

 

“Remember the time when she’s been rushed to the hospital?”

 

“But she already undergo a medical treatment”

 

“Yes, but still her condition didn’t change and because of her weak uterus and irregular period and hormone imbalances it will be hard for her to get pregnant and there’s a high risk of miscarriage if ever she gets pregnant because her uterus is really weak”

 

“What shall we do?”

 

“What we can do now is hope for the better”

 

Heechul look at Ryeowook and hold her hands

 

“Is there any medicine that she can drink to help her with regards of being pregnant?”

 

Teukie asked

 

“It will just affect her condition if we’re going to give her some medicine. I’m really sorry, but we can’t do anything, let’s just hope for the better”

 

 

 

 

Ryeowook was staring at the window blankly; Heechul and Teukie stare at her sadly

 

“Baby, please eat now”

 

Ryeowook shook her head

 

“Umma I don’t want to eat, I don’t have appetite”

 

“At least try”

 

Heechul hold her daughter’s hands

 

“Honey, Teukie and I are not upset. If you’re thinking that we’re disappointed, you’re definitely wrong so please don’t be like that”

 

“What if I can’t give Jongwoon a child?”

 

Heechul and Teukie look at each other

 

“Mianhae mama, Teukie Umma”

 

Heechul and Teukie hug her tight

 

“Shhh, don’t blame yourself. Nobody wants it to happen, and besides the doctor said that you can still have a child, you just need to keep trying”

 

“We’re here for you baby, and we’re the one who suppose to ask for an apology. We keep on pressuring you to be pregnant, without thinking about your situation”

 

“Don’t lose hope Li xu, I’m sure that you and Jongwoon will have a baby someday”

 

“Jongwoon will be sad if he sees you like that, so please smile”

 

Heechul wipe the tears of her daughter and smile at her

 

“Li xu fighting, we love you so much so don’t be like that”

 

Ryeowook stop crying and smile at them

 

“I’m so lucky to have you mama and Teukie Umma. Thank you”

 

Teukie smile at her

 

“It’s ok baby”

 

“You better eat now honey, so you’ll gain lots of strength”

 

Ryeowook nods at them and start eating her food

 

 

 

 

Heechul drop Ryeowook at the condominium. She sits on the couch, while staring at the ceiling blankly. She starts to feel sad again because of the bad news, she don’t know how to tell it to her husband, and she keeps on hoping that Jongwoon will understand her situation. Ryeowook look at Dabong who is already sleeping on his bed, she watch the puppy for the meantime when her phone rings

 

“Hubby, I’m already here. I’ll go upstairs now”

 

Ryeowook hang up and pats Dabong’s head before going upstairs. Jongwoon was reading a magazine when she enters the room; he smiles upon seeing her

 

“How’s your day?”

 

Ryeowook stare at him while standing beside the door

 

“Are you tired?”

 

She nods; Ryeowook closed the door and walks towards him

 

“What happen to your check-up?”

 

Ryeowook feel her knees shaking and she wants to collapse and die. She stares at Jongwoon controlling her tears from falling. She sits beside him and buries her face on his chest, hugging him tight; tears start to fall from her eyes.

 

“Babe?”

 

“It’s negative and the doctor told me that it will be hard for me to get pregnant, and there’s a high risk of miscarriage if I bear a child”

 

Jongwoon hugs her tight

 

“I’m sorry Jongwoon, I’m really really sorry. I know you’re disappointed like our parents and I feel so upset because I might not give you a child and it hurts me so badly. I can’t understand why this thing is happening to me. My doctor told me I have a very weak uterus, so it’s impossible that the baby will live if I get pregnant and because of my irregular period and hormone imbalances, it’s impossible for me to get pregnant…Mianhae, mianhae”

 

“Stop crying please don’t be like that”

 

Jongwoon hold her face and look at her

 

“I’m not disappointed and it’s not your fault so don’t apologize. Please stop crying, I don’t want to see you like that, it breaks my heart”

 

“What if I can’t give you a child?”

 

“At least I still have you; you’re my baby so if we can’t have a child its fine, as long as you’re there I will never be sad”

 

“But”

 

Jongwoon hold her lips

 

“Shhh, don’t think about it too much. Babe, I love you and it will be forever, no matter what happen I still love you. I’m not going to leave you because of that, and our parents will surely understand if you can’t bear a child”

 

“I want to have a baby”

 

“Of course we’re going to have one, and he will arrive at the right time, so don’t be upset and don’t lose hope and you’re still young; you still have a lot of chance to be pregnant. I’m not asking you to give me one already; we’re not on a hurry. Everything happens for a reason and soon you’ll be pregnant, we just have to wait”

 

Ryeowook stare at him sadly

 

“Maybe our future baby knows that we’re still on the stage wherein we still enjoy each other and getting to know more about each other, that’s why he’s not yet arriving so we can still have some intimate time with each other. If you got pregnant, things will change especially your time with me so don’t rush babe, we will arrive on that stage soon”

 

Jongwoon kissed her

 

“Please smile now”

 

Ryeowook just stare at him

 

“I love you babe”

 

Jongwoon hug her

 

“Stop crying, please”

 

Ryeowook wipe her tears and kissed him

 

“I’m really sorry, but thank you for understanding me”

 

Jongwoon smile at him

 

“It’s already late at night you need to sleep now and take a good rest”

 

“I’m not sleepy”

 

“We need to sleep now”

 

“I’m not sleepy”

 

Jongwoon pouts

 

“I wait for you, then you’ll just tell me that you don’t want to sleep, that’s unfair”

 

“I don’t feel like sleeping”

 

“Then I’m not going to sleep too, I’ll wait until you feel sleepy”

 

Ryeowook start laughing

 

“Why are you laughing all of a sudden? You’re so weird”

 

“You’re such a kid”

 

“No way”

 

Jongwoon kissed her lips

 

“I’m glad that you’re smiling again, so sleep now please”

 

“Fine, but you need to sing me a lullaby”

 

“Arasso”

 

Ryeowook smile and went at the bathroom, Jongwoon waits for him while reading the magazine. Ryeowook came out wearing her night gown; she lay beside Jongwoon and snatch the magazine away from him.

 

“Wow, I didn’t know that kids like them can be a controversy as such a young age”

 

Jongwoon smile at her

 

“Because their parents are celebrity and popular”

 

“This magazine is nice, I’ll read it tomorrow”

 

“Someday our future child will be feature here in this magazine”

 

Ryeowook shook her head

 

“I don’t want”

 

“Why?”

 

“He needs to live a normal life away from the press people just like what ba ba and mama did to us. They don’t show us in front of the press, because they will just keep on chasing us and ruin our private life”

 

“I see, but I want our child to be featured here in this magazine”

 

“No”

 

“Fine”

 

Jongwoon grabs the magazine away from her and put it inside the drawer

 

“Let’s sleep now”

 

“I love you”

 

“I love you babe, and please forget what happen today and be happy always”

 

“Arasso”

 

Jongwoon kissed her and hold her closer to him. He start singing a sweet lullaby to make her fall asleep.