It Has To Be You (Chapter 43)

It Has To be You

 

CHAPTER 43

 

Jongwoon and Ryeowook were having their breakfast with Hankyung and Hecchul quietly. Nobody dare to speak; Ryeowook notice her father who look sick

 

“Ba ba, are you ok?”

 

Hankyung nods

 

“You don’t look nice”

 

“Don’t have enough sleep because of doing something”

 

Heechul stare at her husband with worried face

 

“You just take a rest for today and don’t go to work”

 

“I’m just going to give the final output of the business proposal to my Vice President. He will be flying in London later to bring that to Mr. Flinne”

 

“But please don’t stress yourself too much”

 

Hankyung nod

 

“I’ll go home after talking to him”

 

“I’m going to call my work and file for vacation leave, so I can take care of you”

 

“Honey, I’m fine”

 

Heechul stuck her tongue out

 

“I’m going to take care of you whether you like it or not”

 

“Fine”

 

Heechul smile and continue eating; Jongwoon kissed Ryeowook and stand

 

“I’m going to leave now”

 

Heechul look at her watch

 

“It’s still early; I thought your press conference will be at ten in the morning? It’s only seven”

 

Jongwoon smile

 

“I need to talk to my lawyer first”

 

Ryeowook stare at him

 

“Why?”

 

“You’ll know it later babe, I’m going now”

 

Jongwoon bows to Hankyung and Heechul and kissed his wife before leaving. Heechul look at Hankyung

 

“What is he talking about?”

 

Hankyung shook his head

 

“I really don’t know, I guess I should leave too so I can take a rest soon”

 

Hankyung kissed Heechul’s lips and Ryeowook’s forehead before leaving. Ryeowook stand and walk towards her mother and kissed her cheek

 

“I’m going too mama”

 

“Hey, why are you guys all leaving?”

 

“Because we have to”

 

Heechul sigh

 

“Arasso, I’m going to be alone again. I’ll just visit your sister for the meantime. You take care and study hard”

 

Ryeowook nod

 

“Yes mama”

 

Ryeowook smile and leave

 

 

 

 

*CHO RESIDENCE*

 

 

Sungmin was so happy to see Heechul

 

“Mama, I’m so happy to see you”

 

Sungmin and Heechul sit on the sofa

 

“You don’t have work today?”

 

“I file for vacation leave because your ba ba is sick”

 

Sungmin was shock

 

“Then why are you here? You’re suppose to be at home, taking care of ba ba”

 

“He’s still at Han Corporation”

 

“I thought he’s sick?”

 

Heechul sigh

 

“Well, he needs to drop by and give something to his Vice President for business partnership in London. After that, he’ll go home and rest. But I told him to go straight here”

 

“Ok”

 

Heechul focus her eyes on the television

 

“I’m going to watch Jongwoon’s press conference”

 

Heechul look at Sungmin

 

“I hope everything will be alright, I’m worried about your sister and him”

 

“Li xu is still depressed?”

 

Heechul nod sadly

 

“Yes”

 

“Did you already find out who the hell publish this stupid issue in newspapers and internet? Who start making rumors and fake stories about Li xu?”

 

Heechul shook her head

 

“Not yet. I really want to scold at my secretary for working so slow. Your father is sick because of thinking about Jongwoon and Li xu’s situation so much”

 

Sungmin sigh

 

“Everything will be fine mama. I know Jongwoon and I trust him. He maybe a playboy and arrogant, but I know he really loves Li xu so much and he will do everything to protect her”

 

“I know”

 

Heechul smile

 

 

 

 

Jongwoon was talking with his lawyer at their house

 

“Are you sure that you want to do it Jongwoon?”

 

Jongwoon nod

 

“Yes. I am very sure about it”

 

“Ok then, I’m going to work on the documents that we will be needing and process it really fast”

 

“What about my case with Taeyeon?”

 

Jongwoon ask his lawyer curiously

 

“I’m also going to process all the documents and passed it to the court and give your agency and Taeyeon a notice”

 

“Do you have all the evidences that we need?”

 

His lawyer nods at him

 

“Yes Jongwoon-ah”

 

“Just give me a call about it and please be there in SMENT after my press conference”

 

“Arasso”

 

“Thank you”

 

Jongwoon bows to his lawyer and leave. The Han’s family driver drop him at SMENT wherein lot of people are already gathering outside the agency, his fans are also there and the press people are all gathered inside and outside, anticipating his press conference. Taeyeon welcomes him with a smile, but Jongwoon just ignores her and went straight at the venue of his press conference. Jongwoon appear in front of so many media and people. Some of them are from the other agency and some are his colleagues and friends and some are his fans. He sit alone and face all of them seriously. Taeyeon was sitting in front while smiling at him. Jongwoon bows at them as the press conference begins.

 

“Jongwoon, why did you decide to speak now?”

 

“To put this issue to an end”

 

“Why?”

 

Jongwoon raised his eyebrow while staring at the reporter

 

“Because you already ruin the image of my wife in public and I hate it”

 

“It’s her fault because she’s a ”

 

Taeyeon clap her hands and smile at the reporter. Jongwoon stare at them seriously, controlling his temper. He smile at the reporter who is still smiling at his manager

 

“I can sew you for that”

 

The reporter’s smile suddenly vanished

 

“You don’t have the right to tell in front of so many people that my wife is a because you’re the here and not her. What are you happy about? If I were you just shut your mouth if you don’t have something nice to say”

 

Jongwoon sigh

 

“I’m going straight to the point ok; I call for this press conference to clear everything and to protect my wife against those rumors and against the media”

 

“The Han family is very private, how did you persuade them to allow you to speak in public?”

 

“Nai nai was the one who give me the permission. Ba ba really disagrees with me speaking about this issue in public, but we need to put an end to this. My wife and I are not yet over and we’re actually leaving in one roof, and we’ll be going abroad next month to have a vacation”

 

“Is it true that she’s having an affair with other man?”

 

Jongwoon shook his head

 

“Did you ever see her?”

 

They shook their head while looking at him

 

“Then why are you making fake stories about her if you haven’t even seen her with other man?”

 

“That’s what your manager said to us when this issue first came out in public”

 

Jongwoon look at her

 

“Why do you need to believe her? She knows nothing, she’s doing this because she wants me and you know that very well. My manager likes me so much that she will do everything to ruin my wife and my relationship with my wife”

 

Jongwoon takes a deep breath

 

“I actually talk with my lawyer awhile ago before I came here. I find out who the culprit is, the one who publish this issue in public and that is my dear manager Kim Taeyeon”

 

All eyes are fixed on her as she stares at Jongwoon seriously

 

“I’m going to sew her and I think my in laws also have plan before we send that in jail”

 

Taeyeon stand

 

“You don’t have any evidence Jongwoon”

 

Jongwoon smirk

 

“You don’t know me so well Taeyeon and you don’t know my in laws. You talk to my lawyer and prove the court that you’re not guilty. I have all the evidence Taeyeon, don’t worry about it and I just want to tell you something. I hope you think about yourself first before doing this because you don’t know what my in-laws can do and I can do to shut your mouth. Let’s see each other in court tomorrow, arasso”

 

Taeyeon look at him before walking away

 

“If anyone of you who wants to join her in jail you are free to do so, just let me know ok. I hope all of you will already know how to respect privacy and never ever intervene with our private life again”

 

Jongwoon pause for a moment before continuing

 

“There’s one more thing that I want to tell all of you”

 

They stare at him blankly, waiting for him to speak

 

“This is my own decision and my family, my in-laws and my wife doesn’t have any ide about it. I was watching my wife sleep yesterday night and I realize that I need to protect her no matter what happen. She’s the most important girl in my life and I love her so much. Because of this issue, her image became bad in front of the public and some are already thinking that she’s a . People are already talking about her. When I marry her, she became the very famous topic and some girls really hate her for being my wife, and then here we go, this issue suddenly pops out in public because of my manager. I want to put an end to this issue. I know that I cause too much trouble to my wife and her family and I really want to apologize to them. They are living a very private life away from the media, but because of me everything change. I already made up my mind and already talk to my lawyer about this. I want to protect my wife forever and I decided to give up my career as a superstar and TV personality. I am resigning and will just focus on my business studies and on being a CEO. I know it will be hard for me and to my fans, but you have to understand, these issues have caused so much trouble. I love my wife. I want her to live a normal life away from the media. I hope all of you can respect my decision. I will be missing all of you, but I know I already contributed much in this entertainment industry and I’ve done enough to reach the top of my career. As of today, I, Kim Jongwoon, will be resigning and will focus on being a CEO, away from scandals, rumors and the media. I want to live a private life and I need my wife and she needs me too. I’m going to take a new challenge and that is to focus on being a CEO, it’s not bad after all. Thank you for supporting me and for everything. Saranghae everyone and until the day that we all meet again”

 

Jongwoon smile, the crowd claps their hands and his fans are crying because of a mix of joy and sadness. Joy because they are proud of him for being strong husband and fighting for what he believe is right and for following his heart’s desire, and sad because they can no longer see him often. Some still can’t believe what they’ve heard and stare at him blankly.

 

“Thank you for being here today. I hope things will be back to normal and stop talking bad things about my wife. You don’t know her that well for you to judge her like that and it hurts me badly. Once again thanks for being here”

 

Jongwoon bows at them and smile; he salutes at them and left the place

 

 

 

 

*CHO RESIDENCE*

 

 

Sungmin stares at her parents with wide eyes open

 

“Did I hear it right?”

 

Heechul nods at her, still looking on the television

 

“OMO, Jongwoon really give up his superstar career for Li xu?”

 

Heechul told herself while staring at the TV blankly; Sungmin look at Hankyung

 

“Ba ba, what shall we do with that ?”

 

“She’ll go to jail and mama is already processing it. She will be banned to go in China, Taiwan and Hong Kong”

 

“I want to cut and tie her tongue so she can’t speak anymore. She’s really a , she deserve to be punished for doing it to Li xu…Aish!”

 

Heechul hold Sungmin’s cheek

 

“Honey, calm down. You’re pregnant, you might give birth in no time”

 

“Ok mama, but I really hate her. I’m proud of Jongwoon”

 

Hankyung look at them and smile

 

“He really deserve to be Li xu’s husband, I never knew that boy can be soft sometimes”

 

“He really loves Li xu that he give up his career to protect her from them, such a great boy”

 

Sungmin nods at her parents

 

 

 

 

 

*HAN’S RESIDENCE*

 

 

Teukie and Kangin went at the Han’s mansion to visit Jongwoon. Hankyung and Heechul welcome them and ask them to join them in dinner. Jongwoon came down and Teukie give him a warm hug

 

“I’m proud of you sweetheart”

 

“Thanks Umma”

 

Kangin just stare at him and pat his shoulder then went at the dining room with Hankyung and Heechul. Teukie and Jongwoon follow them

 

“Wookie is not yet here?”

 

Jongwoon nods

 

“But Kibum already calls me awhile ago and he’s already at home”

 

“Umma, my wife’s class will end at 6:30PM”

 

Teukie raised her eyebrow

 

“How come Bummie’s class is until 4PM only?”

 

“Wookie needs to attend advance classes because we’ll be out for one month to have a vacation”

 

Heechul and Teukie smile at him

 

“It only means that when you comeback, Li xu will be pregnant, right?”

 

Jongwoon just smile at them

 

“I hope so”

 

Teukie and Heechul smile brightly and hug each other tight

 

“This is great Chullie”

 

“I really wish them luck”

 

Kangin stare at his son

 

“Why did you decide to give up your career like that?”

 

“Because I love my wife and I need to protect her no matter what happen, even if I give up my career for her”

 

“Are you sure about that?”

 

Jongwoon nod

 

“Yes Appa”

 

Kangin nods at him

 

“Please be a responsible husband from now on”

 

“Yes Appa”

 

“And don’t give your in laws head ache again”

 

“Arasso”

 

Ryeowook arrive at home, she immediately run inside to look for Jongwoon

 

“Nanny, where is my husband?”

 

“At the dining room with your in-laws and parents”

 

Ryeowook give her things to her nanny and run inside the dining room

 

“HUBBY”

 

Ryeowook came in shouting

 

“Yes babe?”

 

Jongwoon smile at her

 

“We need to talk”

 

“About?”

 

Ryeowook look at her with teary eyes

 

“You go upstairs, we need to talk”

 

Heechul stand and hold her hands

 

“You eat your dinner first honey”

 

“I don’t want to eat”

 

Ryeowook pouts

 

“I need to talk to my husband”

 

“You can talk later”

 

“I want it now”

 

Hankyung stare at her

 

“Li xu, please don’t throw tantrums ok”

 

“Ba ba”

 

“You eat first”

 

Ryeowook frowns and sit beside Jongwoon

 

“How’s school sweetheart?”

 

Teukie smile at her

 

“It’s fine Umma. I’m just tired. I need to pass a lot of paper works before I leave for vacation”

 

Teukie stares at her with worried face

 

“OMO, don’t stress yourself too much sweetheart. You need to rest for you to be pregnant”

 

Ryeowook drops her fork while staring at Teukie, Jongwoon stare at her

 

“I drop my fork, my hands suddenly trembles”

 

Ryeowook smile weakly and grabs it

 

“What’s that again Umma?”

 

Teukie smile at her

 

“I told you to rest and don’t stress yourself too much, so you’ll be pregnant soon. The doctor advice you not to stress yourself and to lessen straneous activities for you to bear a child soon”

 

“But I need to finish all of it so Jongwoon won’t have head ache; he will just get mad at me if I got low grades and it will be a head ache for him”

 

Jongwoon and their parents laugh at her

 

“But you also need to rest”

 

“Yes Umma”

 

Teukie look at her son

 

“Don’t pressure your wife so much”

 

Jongwoon shook his head

 

“I’m not pressuring her”

 

“Yeah right. If Wookie cameback here and she’s not yet pregnant, I’ll cut you in pieces”

 

“That’s too much Umma”

 

Ryeowook smile at her husband

 

“You heard Umma, so don’t let me do the household chores alone anymore. You need to help me when we comeback to our house soon”

 

“If I am available”

 

“You’re always busy”

 

Ryeowook pouts; Heechul smile at Jongwoon

 

“Why not hire helpers?”

 

“Mama, Li xu can do it and we already talk about it that we will hire helpers when she get pregnant”

 

Heechul look at Ryeowook and smile

 

“Heard that Li xu, so you need to be pregnant soon”

 

“But if my wife can’t do it anymore then I’ll hire helpers now”

 

Ryeowook smile at him

 

“I can still do it. No need to hire one”

 

“Sure”

 

Ryeowook nod

 

“Yes”

 

Hankyung look at Jongwoon and smile

 

“You make me proud awhile ago son, thank you”

 

“It’s nothing ba ba, thanks for supporting my decision”

 

Ryeowook stare at him sadly, but Jongwoon just smile at her.

 

“So where are you going to have vacation?”

 

Hankyung ask them

 

“We will visit our house in France and Switzerland then we will go in Hong Kong”

 

“Why?”

 

“Wookie wants to go at Hong Kong Disneyland”

 

Hankyung laugh softly

 

“Li xu honey, you’ve been to Disneyland for so many times”

 

“I still want to go there and at the Ocean Park”

 

“How can you bear a child if you’re such a kid?”

 

“Ba ba”

 

Hankyung and Kangin laugh while looking at Ryeowook who is blushing

 

“I’ll call mama to inform her that you’ll be flying in Hong Kong, just give me the exact date of your arrival there. We need to inform the securities ahead of time”

 

“Yes ba ba”

 

Ryeowook lean on Jongwoon’s shoulder

 

“I also want to go in Japan”

 

“No problem babe”

 

Heechul smile

 

“Can I also go with you because I want to s—“

 

“NO”

 

Ryeowook stuck her tongue out

 

“Aish! So selfish”

 

“You’ll just interrupt me and Jongwoon”

 

“Fine, but promise me one thing Li xu”

 

Ryeowook stare at her blankly

 

“What is it mama?”

 

“You need to be pregnant when you comeback here”

 

Ryeowook hold her head

 

“OMO, my head suddenly aches”

 

“YAH!”

 

“I don’t know”

 

“Aish!”

 

Ryeowook look at Jongwoon who just smile at her

 

 

 

 

Jongwoon was lying on the bed, Ryeowook crawl towards him

 

“Hubby, let’s talk”

 

Jongwoon look at him and kissed her lips

 

“Why?”

 

“You don’t have to do that”

 

“What?”

 

“I mean you don’t need to give up your being a superstar and TV personality because of me”

 

Jongwoon sit and hold her face

 

“Babe, I’m happy to do that so please support me”

 

Ryeowook pout

 

“But you work so hard for that, then you’ll just give it up all of a sudden because of me”

 

“It’s ok rather than to lose you”

 

Ryeowook stare at him sadly

 

“I’m fine babe and beside I need to focus more on being the President of Shanghair Corporation. I can’t focus properly in managing it because of being a superstar, and I need to give more time to you”

 

Jongwoon kissed her and laid her on the bed

 

“Please don’t worry babe, I will be fine and I’m enjoying being a CEO”

 

“Really”

 

Jongwoon nod

 

“Yes and I want to spend more time with you”

 

Ryeowook smile and kissed him

 

“Don’t stress yourself too much babe. You need to reserve your energy for me next month”

 

“Sure, no problem”

 

“I really want to see the reaction of our mothers if they find out that you’re already pregnant when we comeback here”

 

“I bet they will throw party right away”

 

Ryeowook laugh softly

 

“Let’ sleep now babe, I’m really tired”

 

“Ok, I love you”

 

Ryeowook kissed him

 

“I love you too and don’t worry about Taeyeon she’ll be going to jail next week”

 

“You think its right?”

 

“Of course, she makes a big mistake and she needs to pay for it. Don’t be so kind to that . I really want to cut her in pieces for doing this scandal”

 

“Let me shave her hair first”

 

“You’re also cruel babe”

 

Jongwoon smile and lie beside her and hold her close to his arms. He hugs her tight as they sleep peacefully.