It Has To be You (Chapter 29)

It Has To be You

 

CHAPTER 29

 

Jongwoon stands outside the guest’s room in which Ryeowook sleeps. He holds the door knob to check if it still locked.

 

“Aish! Where did she put the key? I can’t find it”

 

Jongwoon sigh, he knocks softly hoping that she’ll open the door

 

“Babe, I know that you’re already awake, please come out and let’s talk”

 

Ryeowook was sitting on the bed staring at the door, Jongwoon keeps on knocking. Her tears start running on her cheeks.

 

“I hate you”

 

Ryeowook whispers. Jongwoon keeps on knocking, pleading Ryeowook to open the door

 

“Babe, please”

 

Jongwoon stares on his watch and sigh

 

“Babe, I’m leaving for work now”

 

Ryeowook grabs the telephone and calls the concierge just to make sure that Jongwoon already left. The receptionist told her that Jongwoon just left with his car. Ryeowook opens the door and went downstairs. The house is very quiet; Ryeowook sits on the sofa, staring at the floor blankly. She feels so empty without Jongwoon, she feels so sad of being alone when he’s out for work. She never realized how sad the house is when she’s just alone. She never felt it before, because its school days, but now it is vacation; Ryeowook wished that somehow she’ll be pregnant soon, she start to realize that she wants to have a baby so that she won’t feel empty when her husband left for work. She wants to be a mother soon, and maybe if she’s already pregnant, Jongwoon will stop dating Jessica because he will focus his attention only to her and their baby. Ryeowook stand and sit on the piano, she plays a very lovely melody, releasing all her sadness. She closes her eyes as she feels the music, she heard the doorbell ringing, but she ignores it. She heard it again and again and again. Ryeowook stop playing the piano, and walks towards the door. Her eyes widened seeing her visitor.

 

“Bummie!!!”

 

Ryeowook hug her tight

 

“Hello sweetie pie, it’s been a long time”

 

Ryeowook drag him inside. Kibum hand her some paper bags

 

“This is for you, and this one is for Hyung”

 

Kibum smile, but it suddenly vanished when he notice the swollen eyes of Ryeowook and her sad face.

 

“I can see through your eyeglasses that your eyes are swelling, did you cry all night?”

 

Ryeowook nods

 

“Let me guess”

 

Kibum stare at her while holding his head

 

 “You and Hyung fought, right?”

 

Ryeowook nod sadly

 

“Yes”

 

Kibum raised an eyebrow

 

“Because of Jessica?”

 

Ryeowook nod again

 

“Yes”

 

Kibum sigh

 

“I knew it, congratulation Kim Kibum, you haven’t missed anything about your arrogant brother and your sweet sister in law. They are still the same, nothing special and nothing new, as if you didn’t have a vacation for two weeks in Greece…Oh my, Hyung is still the same”

 

Ryeowook hug Kibum and start crying

 

“I hate him so much Bummie”

 

Kibum hugs her tight

 

“He’s hurting me so badly, and he doesn’t even care at all. I really can’t understand why he can’t resist that girl. Everytime that she calls and asked him to be with her, Jongwoon would be by her side leaving me alone. Bummie, it hurts me and he keeps on hurting me”

 

Kibum brush his fingers on her soft lips

 

“Shhh”

 

“He don’t love me at all”

 

“But I’m here; you know that I love you”

 

Ryeowook look at him

 

“I hope I just marry you and not him, so I won’t be crying like this”

 

Kibum smile

 

“If you marry me your life won’t have a thrill, it will be boring because I’m too serious type of man for you”

 

“At least you’re not a playboy like him”

 

“I don’t have time for girls; it’s just a waste of time. I’ll rather play cello all day than chasing them or getting myself a girlfriend, but if you’re my girl then I’ll divide my time into half”

 

Ryeowook pout

 

“But you didn’t even court me, that’s why I end up with your Hyung”

 

Kibum laughs softly

 

“So, you’re telling me that you already regret being his wife?”

 

Ryeowook shook her head like a kid

 

“No, I never regret that, but if you’re my husband you will never hurt me like that, right?”

 

Kibum carries her on his arm and sit on the sofa, Ryeowook was sitting on his lap

 

“Of course I’m not going to hurt you like that, but I can hurt you in other way; like when we’re having misunderstandings or arguments”

 

“At least it’s different”

 

Ryeowook look at him sadly

 

“I want to runaway from home again”

 

Kibum shook his head

 

“That’s a big no no sweetie pie. You’ll just make the situation worse, and running away won’t solve anything”

 

“I’m sure Jongwoon will never look for me and he’ll throw a party right away”

 

“He will look for you believe me”

 

Kibum wipes the tears that keep on falling on her eyes

 

“Why can’t you be my husband?”

 

“Because I’m your brother in law and remember we have a vow”

 

Ryeowook frown

 

“Why do we need to keep that?”

 

“Because I rather be your best friend than losing you forever, and I don’t want that to happen”

 

Kibum hold her face

 

“Listen to me Wookie, I love you and it will never change, our love for each other is like marriage without . Did you get it?”

 

Ryeowook shook her head

 

“Well, how do I explain it? It’s like we love each other but we can never have any commitment at all, and even though you don’t have Hyung we can never be together”

 

“Why?”

 

“Because I’m happy being just your best friend, and we both know that we’re happy being just like that.”

 

“I thought you love me”

 

Kibum nod

 

“Yes, and it will never change. You love Hyung right?”

 

“Very much”

 

“Now you tell me the difference between your love for me and my brother”

 

Ryeowook stares at him

 

“My love for you is just like a companion, but my love for Jongwoon is the love that I don’t want to lose and let go”

 

“Now you get my point, that’s the reason why we can’t be together, because we’re happy loving each other as best of friends”

 

Ryeowook nods

 

“You might not understand Hyung because he’s really a happy go lucky type of man, but if you’ll look deep inside his heart, I know that you’re the only girl that he loves besides Umma. He just can’t control his being a playboy and I shall kill him for that”

 

Ryeowook smile

 

“There you go, finally you smile. Please don’t frown and cry in front of me again. I feel so sad seeing you crying and sad”

 

Ryeowook nod, Kibum flicks her forehead

 

“Hyung loves you so much don’t ever doubt it. I know it, because he’s my brother and I know that you love him too because you will never be like that if you don’t love him”

 

Ryeowook pinch his nose

 

“Bummie, you’re being serious again”

 

“That’s my nature”

 

“You should find the right girl for you so you won’t be that serious”

 

Kibum smile and get something inside his bag

 

“Tada! I bring movies, let’s have movie marathon”

 

“That’s a great idea”

 

Ryeowook went at the kitchen to get some snacks for them. Kibum stares at the CD that he’s holding

 

“I actually find that girl already, and I love her; but we can’t be together because we’re best friends, and I choose it that way”

 

Kibum whisper

 

 

 

 

 

Jongwoon arrived at home and saw Ryeowook lying on Kibum’s lap while his brother rests his head on a pillow; both of them are sleeping peacefully. He grabs the remote on Kibum’s hand and turn off the television.

 

“KIM KIBUM!!!”

 

Jongwoon shouts so loud to wake them up. Kibum cover his ears and stare at Jongwoon

 

“Hyung, there’s no fire so don’t shout. You almost break my eardrums”

 

Jongwoon raise his eyebrow

 

“What are you doing here?”

 

Kibum yawns

 

“You supposed to tell me, when did you arrive my dear brother? How’s Greece? I miss you so much, not what are you doing here?”

 

“You’re flirting with my wife again”

 

“Don’t be silly we’re just watching movies but we fall asleep”

 

Jongwoon looks at Ryeowook, but she turns her eyes away from him then he look at Kibum again

 

“Are you going to eat dinner here?”

 

He shook his head

 

“No, I’m going at Minho’s house later”

 

Kibum looks at Ryeowook and whisper

 

“Do you have a ruler?”

 

“Yes”

 

“Can I borrow it for the meantime?”

 

Ryeowook went upstairs to get her ruler, she returns at the living room and hand her ruler to her best friend. He stands and looks at Jongwoon

 

“What?

 

“I’m about to leave Hyung”

 

“Then go ahead, open the door then leaves, or you want me to that for you?”

 

Kibum smile

 

“Not until I’m finish with you”

 

Kibum start hitting Jongwoon with the ruler

 

“Yah! Kim Kibum stop it!!!”

 

“What did I tell you about hurting Wookie?”

 

“Stop it!”

 

Kibum keeps on hitting his brother

 

“I told you that I’m going to kill you if you hurt her, so you have to bear the pain of this ruler. I will punish you for being naughty and wild”

 

“Kim Kibum, I am your Hyung so stop it!”

 

“No, it’s actually fun hitting you with this”

 

“Wookie, please save me”

 

Ryeowook was standing at the corner biting her lips as she controls her laughter

 

“I’m going to tell Umma that you’re not listening to me and you’re planning to kill me”

 

Kibum smile still hitting him hard

 

“Go ahead and tell Umma, so that Appa will know what you’re doing to your wife and he could hit your damn face again”

 

“Yah! It hurts!”

 

“Now you tell me where that is living, so I can cut her long blonde hair and burn it!”

 

Kibum stops hitting him and smile brightly

 

“At least you have the idea how Wookie felt so much pain because of hurting her, but hitting you with a ruler is not enough for you to fully understand the pain that she’s feeling right now because of you, and I’m warning you Hyung…”

 

Kibum lift his brother’s chin using the ruler and look at him

 

“If you fail to make her happy again, I will really send you to the hospital right away, got that?”

 

Kibum smile and returns the ruler to Ryeowook. He grabs his bag; Ryeowook walks with him towards the door as they laugh softly

 

“Thanks Bummie”

 

“No problem”

 

Ryeowook hugs him

 

“Take care”

 

“I will”

 

Kibum smile before leaving; Ryeowook watch him until he enters the elevator. She closes the door gently and went at the living room, seeing her husband frowning while holding a mirror, checking his face.

 

“Aish! That childish brother of mine, my lips hurt and my cheeks are so red. My body is aching”

 

Ryeowook went at the kitchen and put some ice in the ice bag then return at the living room. She sits beside her husband, grabbing the mirror on his hand and press the ice bag on his lips so hard. Jongwoon pushed her hand away.

 

“Yah! It hurts”

 

Jongwoon grabs the ice bag on her hand and put it gently on his cheeks and lips

 

“It feels so better; you just watch Bummie hit me like that”

 

“You deserve it”

 

Ryeowook stare at him with teary eyes

 

“Don’t look at me like that”

 

Ryeowook stand, Jongwoon hold her hand so she can’t walk away

 

“Babe, I love you”

 

Ryeowook tries to escape from his grip, but Jongwoon won’t let her go

 

“I’m sorry”

 

Ryeowook’s tears start falling

 

“Let me go, I hate you”

 

“But I love you”

 

“You love Jessica and not me”

 

“I love you”

 

Jongwoon pulls her closer to him and hug her

 

“I honestly love you, babe, please believe me. I love you”

 

Ryeowook remains quiet as she cries on his chest

 

“I’m sorry, I know I hurt you so many times, but I really love you. I admit that I don’t love you from the start and thinks that our marriage is just a joke, but being with you everyday makes me happy and complete and I start loving you”

 

Ryeowook is still quiet, Jongwoon kissed her forehead

 

“Please stop crying, it hurts me you know”

 

Jongwoon wipes her tears and her hair gently

 

“Babe, I love you”

 

Ryeowook sits on his lap facing him; he wrapped his arms on her waist pulling her closer to him. Ryeowook just stares at him while brushing her fingers on his lips

 

“You promise to be a good boy?”

 

Jongwoon nods while kissing her hand

 

“Am I forgiven?”

 

“Yes”

 

“I love you babe”

 

Jongwoon brush his nose on hers and slowly kissed her lips. Jongwoon stares at his watch

 

“It should be here any minute”

 

Ryeowook raise her eyebrow

 

“Are you expecting a visitor?”

 

“Yes, he’s actually late”

 

“Who?”

 

“Dabong”

 

“Dabong? What a very crazy name, is he your friend?”

 

Jongwoon smile at her, the doorbell suddenly rings

 

“I’ll get it, wait for me here”

 

Jongwoon walks towards the door, the delivery man give him a basket and he signs the receiving paper. He smiles upon entering the living room, straring at Ryeowook who is looking at him blankly.

 

“Babe, I want you to meet Dabong”

 

Jongwoon opens the basket and a cute little puppy greets her. Jongwoon carries him on his arms and walk towards Ryeowook whose eyes are open widely. She immediately stands and run at the corner

 

“Hubby, please don’t come near me”

 

“Why?”

 

“Just don’t!”

 

Ryeowook stands on the couch staring at the dog. Jongwoon walks towards her

 

“Don’t come near me!”

 

Jongwoon look at her blankly

 

“Hubby, I love you so much but please don’t do this to me”

 

“I’m not doing anything”

 

“I’m scared of dogs, so please return that thing wherever you bought it”

 

Jongwoon smile at her

 

“Babe, it won’t bite; this is just a puppy and he’s nice”

 

Ryeowook shook her head while staring at him nervously

 

“No”

 

Jongwoon frown at her

 

“I thought you want to have a pet and envies Minnie for having a dog”

 

“Yes but I want a rabbit not a dog”

 

“I hate rabbits”

 

“But I want a rabbit”

 

Ryeowook pouts

 

“Babe, I’m allergic to rabbits so we can’t keep one”

 

Ryeowook frowns, Jongwoon walks towards her, carrying the little puppy on his arms.

 

“Go away”

 

“Babe, this puppy will not going to bite you”

 

Ryeowook look at the puppy with fear on her eyes

 

“Try holding him”

 

“I don’t want”

 

Jongwoon grabs her hand

 

“No…please that dog will b—“

 

Ryeowook stares on the puppy who start her hand

 

“See, I told you Dabong will not bite you. He actually loves you”

 

Ryeowook smile and hold Dabong on her arms

 

“Now, you go down on the couch because you might fall”

 

“I’m not a kid”

 

“I’m just telling you because you tend to be clumsy sometimes”

 

Jongwoon helps her go down; making sure that she will not fall. Ryeowook sits on the floor while playing with Dabong like a child.

 

“You’re such a kid”

 

Ryeowook pouts while looking at Jongwoon who is sitting on the sofa watching her

 

“Because you’re too old, I can’t believe that my husband is already an ahjusshi”

 

“Hey I’m still on my 20’s to be an ahjusshi”

 

Ryeowook smile

 

“Are you happy babe?”

 

“Yes I am, thank you”

 

Jongwoon smile, Ryeowook walks towards him and sit beside him. Jongwoon lay on her lap while Ryeowook his hair

 

“You’re tired?”

 

Jongwoon nods

 

“I have a lot of schedules today, and I didn’t had the chance to have lunch awhile ago because of fan meeting and autograph signing”

 

“OMO, then I should cook dinner now so you can already eat”

 

Jongwoon shook his head

 

“You can do that later; let’s just stay like this for the meantime”

 

Ryeowook look on his eyes

 

“Hubby”

 

“Hmmm?”

 

“You know I’m ready to be pregnant soon and I want to have a baby already”

 

Jongwoon hold her hand and smile

 

“A sudden change of heart huh?”

 

“You don’t want?”

 

“Of course I do”

 

Ryeowook stares at him sadly

 

“Why?”

 

“I’m just nervous”

 

“Of what?”

 

Ryeowook sigh

 

“Next week”

 

“I know because you’re going to visit your doctor for a check-up. Umma calls me awhile ago asking for my permission to allow you to go with them next week, I want to go with you, but she doesn’t want me to come and told me that it’s a girl’s day so I don’t need to interrupt the three of you. Aish! I don’t have schedules on that day, but Umma won’t let me come”

 

Ryeowook stare at him sadly

 

“What if the result is not good?”

 

“Then we should try again”

 

Ryeowook frowns

 

“There’s nothing wrong on trying again”

 

“I know, but if the result will not be good I’m sure our mothers will be disappointed again, and I don’t want them to feel that way”

 

Jongwoon smile at her

 

“Just don’t mind them”

 

“I’ll disappoint you too”

 

Jongwoon shook his head

 

“Babe, please stop thinking like that. Of course it will be good if I hear good news, but if you can’t be pregnant now then it’s ok. I keep on telling you that we’re not on a hurry, and you’re still young to be in a hurry”

 

“What if I can’t really bear a child?”

 

Jongwoon fell silent

 

“I wish mama tells you my situation before our wedding, so you can think about it whether you still want to marry me or not”

 

Jongwoon poke her

 

“Babe, from the very start I don’t have any choice but to marry you because it’s a fix marriage, and don’t forget that we don’t want to marry each other. How can I make a choice if my parents already bound me to marry you? I really don’t care about that thing when I marry you because it’s a force marriage”

 

“You got a point”

 

“Just don’t mind our parents if they keep on nagging you about being pregnant, they are not the one who will bear a child”

 

Jongwoon hold her tummy and smile

 

“I bet when you get pregnant, your tummy will grow as big as the watermelon and you’ll grow like a hippo”

 

“YAH!”

 

“Just kidding, but honestly, if a woman is pregnant their tummy grows big. Umma’s tummy is really big when she’s pregnant with Bummie”

 

“OMO, I can’t imagine my tummy growing like that”

 

“It will really grow like that and you should take care of yourself more when you got pregnant”

 

Jongwoon smile while playing with Ryeowook’s fingers

 

“By the way don’t you know that Minnie and Kyu will stay in Venice for two months?”

 

Ryeowook shook her head

 

“They don’t have any plan to go home already?”

 

“Maybe they are having so much fun. that’s why”

 

“Why can’t we go for a vacation for two months?”

 

“I’m busy babe”

 

Ryeowook pouts

 

“Please understand that I’m not like Kyu who have his own time, and can be out for vacation everytime that he wants”

 

“I understand”

 

“Let’s have our dinner now I’m hungry”

 

“I’m going to cook now”

 

“I’ll help you”

 

“That’s good but please don’t burn the house”

 

“I know”

 

Jongwoon smile and kiss her lips; Ryeowook went at the kitchen, Jongwoon stand up and follows her inside.