It Has To be You (Chapter 34)

It Has To be You

 

CHAPTER 34

 

Jongwoon and Ryeowook are back on their condominium after staying at the hospital for three days. Ryeowook went to their room and sit on the bed, burying her face on her knees.

 

“Babe”

 

Ryeowook look at Jongwoon sadly. He sits beside her and sighs

 

“Please don’t be like that. We already talk about it, right?”

 

Ryeowook ignores him and buries her face on her knees again.

 

“Babe, please”

 

Ryeowook look at him

 

“Go away, just leave me alone”

 

“You want me to go away?”

 

“Go away, I want to be alone!”

 

Jongwoon pouts

 

“I don’t want to go away. Babe if you cry we cry together; if you laugh then we laugh together. I am here, you are not alone and it hurts me seeing you like that. Don’t carry the entire burden because we are together. I also feel the pain and I’m also suffering, you’re not the only one who lose him and it hurts me, and I don’t want to lose my wife too. Please don’t be like that…please babe”

 

Ryeowook stares at him sadly

 

“I want to die. Each and every minute I feel him moving in my womb, though I know that I’m just fooling myself. I don’t want to close my eyes and sleep. I keep on dreaming about our baby, but when I wake up everything is back to reality, it’s so painful knowing that it’s all a dream and it’s hard to live. Jongwoon, I want to hold him on my arms and touch his little fingers then we’re going to sing him lullaby, and watch him sleep all night. I want to hear his first cry, his first laughter, watch him grow and run around. I want to be a good mother to him, but those things can never happen because he’s gone”

 

Jongwoon hugs her; his heart is in pain seeing his wife suffering so much because of the miscarriage

 

“Of course it can still happen Wookie. We can still have our child and we’re making lots of them if you want, then we’re going to take care of them and love them. That time will definitely come and if that happens, you’ll take care of yourself and I am going to take care and protect you so we won’t lose him again”

 

“Do you still love me?”

 

“Of course I do. I love you so much and you’re my life, without you I will feel so lifeless”

 

Jongwoon stare on her teary eyes and smile

 

“Babe, please cheer up now. I want to see you smiling now, please. Can you do that for me?”

 

Ryeowook shook her head

 

“I have an idea to make you laugh”

 

Jongwoon stand in front of her and smile

 

“Babe, I want you to focus your eyes on me”

 

Ryeowook stare at him sadly. Jongwoon smile and start dancing and singing the three bears; he try to be funny and dance it in his own way. Ryeowook smile and start laughing hard

 

“Go ahead and laugh so hard, until your tummy aches”

 

Ryeowook keeps on laughing; Jongwoon jumps on the bed and start tickling her

 

“Hubby no”

 

“I won’t stop tickling you unless you tell me that you’re fine”

 

Ryeowook keeps on laughing hard

 

“Hubby please”

 

“I’m not listening”

 

“My tummy aches already”

 

Ryeowook manage to escape from him but Jongwoon caught him again and laid her on the bed making him on top of her. Jongwoon looks at her while smiling

 

“Feeling better now?”

 

Ryeowook nods while smiling brightly

 

“That’s good”

 

Jongwoon brush his nose from her nose and her hair gently

 

“No more crying ok?”

 

Ryeowook nod

 

“I want you to sleep and take a rest so you can gain lots of strength and energy. Your doctor told me that you need to take a rest for two weeks before going back to school again”

 

Ryeowook pouts

 

“Why two weeks?”

 

Jongwoon shook his head

 

“I don’t know; just follow her advice, it’s for your own good”

 

“So you’re going to stay here with me for two weeks?”

 

Ryeowook ask him curiously

 

“I need to start attending my class this Friday then I’ll be back at work next Wednesday, but I promise to go home early to take care of you”

 

“Ok”

 

“Go to sleep now”

 

Jongwoon kissed her forehead, Ryeowook frown

 

“Why on my forehead?”

 

“Then where do you want me to kiss you?”

 

Ryeowook smile and pulls Jongwoon for a kiss

 

“Of course on my lips”

 

Jongwoon smile and kissed her lips gently

 

“Happy?”

 

“Yes”

 

“You’re really such a kid”

 

“Of course not; please wake me at six in the evening so I can cook our dinner”

 

Jongwoon nods

 

“I love you hubby”

 

Jongwoon smile and kissed her again

 

“I love you too babe”

 

When Ryeowook is already asleep, Jongwoon went downstairs and grabs the telephone

 

“Yeoboseo”

 

“Minnie, it’s Jongwoon”

 

“How’s my sister?”

 

“She’s sleeping, I told her to take a rest because it will help her to recover fast”

 

“It’s good to know that, I’m going to visit her one of this days”

 

“Minnie, I need your help”

 

“Why?”

 

“Please send me any recipe that is easy to cook”

 

Sungmin raised her eyebrow and ask him curiously

 

“Why?”

 

“I’m going to cook our dinner”

 

Sungmin suddenly laugh

 

“YAH!”

 

“You’ll burn the house”

 

“I’m serious Minnie. I need to do this for my wife; I don’t want her to tire herself, that’s why I’m going to cook dinner for her so that she can relax”

 

Sungmin bite her lips to control her laughter

 

“Ok, I’ll send it now or do you want me to go there and help you”

 

Jongwoon shook his head

 

“No, I want to do it alone and you’re pregnant, you need to rest or else Kyu will kill me”

 

“It’s ok and I’m bored here”

 

“Minnie, I’m going to do it alone. Just send it to me now”

 

“Arasso”

 

“Thanks”

 

Jongwoon go upstairs to get his laptop; he stares at the recipe that Sungmin sends him

 

“OMO, this is hard to cook. I told her to send me an easy one. Minnie is really insane”

 

Jongwoon sigh and went at the kitchen, bringing his laptop with him

 

 

 

Jongwoon keeps on walking inside the kitchen while holding his laptop

 

“Aish! That’s it”

 

He grabs the telephone and calls Sungmin

 

“Yes Jongwoon?”

 

“I made up my mind, can you please come here?”

 

“I thought you don’t want me to help you?”

 

“Please”

 

“I’ll be there in an hour”

 

Sungmin arrived at the condominium after one hour and thirty minutes. Jongwoon drags her at the kitchen

 

“How am I supposed to cook that recipe that you send me? It’s hard you know”

 

Sungmin smile at him

 

“It’s Chicken in Green Salsa with Sour Crème”

 

“I don’t care whatever you call that, it’s hard. Let’s just make some kimbup instead of that”

 

Sungmin grabs the wooden spoon and hit him

 

“Ouch!”

 

“FYI my dear brother in law that’s one of the favorite dishes of Li xu, so you need to learn how to cook it”

 

Jongwoon nods, Sungmin prepares all the ingredients that they will need

 

“Jongwoon, I just want you to know that you’re going to cook it alone. I’ll just give you instructions and watch you, but you’re all alone. Do it on whatever way that you want and remember it’s for Li xu, so you need to do your best”

 

“Yes Chef”

 

“Wear your apron and let’s start cooking”

 

Jongwoon smile at her. He listens to all the instructions that Sungmin told him, and carefully follow it step by step. Jongwoon is busy cooking the main course while Sungmin makes red cherry chessecake for dessert.

 

“Minnie, I’ve got a great idea”

 

“What is it?”

 

“Why don’t you and Kyu join us in dinner? I’m sure Wookie will be happy”

 

“That’s a great idea; I’ll call Kyu to inform him”

 

Sungmin grabs her cellphone and calls Kyuhyun then return to the cake after talking to him

 

“So?”

 

“He’ll go here after his meeting”

 

Jongwoon smile; Sungmin prepares the table. After baking the cake, she left Jongwoon and went upstairs. She carefully opens the door and peek inside the couple’s room. She saw her sister sleeping peacefully, she carefully went inside and lie beside her. She carefully her sister’s hair while watching her sleep.

 

“You’re really beautiful when sleeping”

 

Sungmin whisper, she smile as she gently brush her fingers to her beautiful face

 

“I hope you’ll be fine soon”

 

Ryeowook push her hand away from her face

 

“Jongwoon don’t touch my face. I’m sleeping, please don’t disturb me”

 

Sungmin smile as she stares on her sister. She touch her sister’s lips

 

“Hubby, please it’s still early, don’t wake me. Leave me alone”

 

Sungmin was laughing softly. Ryeowook pulls the blanket and cover her face. Sungmin keeps on pulling it, but Ryeowook won’t let it go

 

“Jongwoon I hate you, don’t disturb me”

 

Sungmin hugs her

 

“But I love you so much babe”

 

Ryeowook takes off the blanket on her face and stares at the owner of the voice who is smiling brightly at her

 

“Surprise to see that Jongwoon became a girl?”

 

Ryeowook hugs her

 

“Why are you here Unnie?”

 

“Jongwoon invites me and Kyu for dinner”

 

Ryeowook hold her sister’s tummy

 

“How’s your baby?”

 

Sungmin smile at her

 

“He’s fine. I just have my check-up yesterday and everything is fine”

 

“Is it a boy or girl?”

 

“Sweetheart I’m just 3 months pregnant, we still can’t know the gender of the baby. Maybe on the 5th or 6th month”

 

Ryeowook stare at her sadly, her eyes are teary

 

“Sweetheart, please cheer up”

 

“I envy you Unnie”

 

Sungmin shook her head and cupped her sister’s face

 

“You don’t have to envy me, I know it’s hard but you’ll have one too”

 

“What if I lose it again?”

 

“Of course not, be positive and take care of yourself”

 

Ryeowook’s tears start falling in her eyes, but Sungmin wipes it away

 

“Shhh, Li xu sweetheart, I don’t want to see you like that”

 

“I’m just sad Unnie, I’m scared. What if I can’t bear a child anymore?”

 

“You can still bear a child, don’t think like that. That day will arrive, you’ll see”

 

Sungmin hug her

 

“Sweetheart, listen to Unnie. I know it’s hard and painful but Li xu, we need to move forward. Remember what mama always told us, that whatever bad things happen on the past we need to leave it behind and take that as life’s lesson to move forward for a better future. Life always goes on no matter what happen”

 

Sungmin her sister’s hair gently

 

“Jongwoon is sad seeing you like that. The reason why we’re going to have dinner here is because he calls me awhile ago telling me if I could help him cook. He wants to prepare dinner for you, to cheer you up. He’s doing everything just to see you happy again, so please smile now and don’t waste Jongwoon’s effort”

 

Sungmin smile at her and hold her hands

 

“Sweetheart, I know that you can give Jongwoon a child someday and we’re going to wait for that”

 

“Yes Unnie”

 

Ryeowook smile

 

“Don’t take that smile away on your face again, arasso?”

 

Ryeowook nod

 

“Let’s go down and eat?”

 

“Ok”

 

“I’m so excited to taste your husband’s masterpiece”

 

“Me too”

 

Sungmin and Ryeowook went down and see Jongwoon and Kyuhyun playing PS3 happily

 

“I’m going to beat you this time Kyu”

 

“Good luck; I’m the game master Kyuhyun. You can’t beat me no matter what happen”

 

“Really, don’t try me”

 

Jongwoon smile and touch his cousin’s philtrum. Kyuhyun jump off the sofa, Jongwoon laugh while beating Kyuhyun’s character because his cousin lose his focus on the game.

 

“I win, you lose”

 

Jongwoon flash a big smile

 

“You cheated. That’s unfair”

 

Kyuhyun frown at him

 

“I didn’t cheat; you’re just weak that’s why you lose”

 

“It’s because you touch my philtrum that’s why I lose my concentration on the game”         

 

Jongwoon smile at his cousin

 

“I’m really great Kyu, just admit it. I’m good compare to you”

 

Kyuhyun grab a pillow and throws it on his face while laughing

 

“Honestly Jongwoonie, just touch Wookie’s philtrum and leave mine alone”

 

“Babe doesn’t wa—“

 

Jongwoon saw Ryeowook standing on the stairs with Sungmin. He smiles at her

 

“Hi babe, you’re awake”

 

Ryeowook smile, Jongwoon walks towards her and carry her on his back

 

“Let’s have dinner now, I cooked you’re favorite dish”

 

“Ok”

 

Ryeowook hold on him tight as they went inside the dining room

 

“Jongwoonie!!! I want a rematch, comeback here!!! Don’t try to escape from me, I will win this time. You win because you cheat!”

 

Kyuhyun shouts while holding the controller. Sungmin sit beside him and hold his face

 

“Baby, don’t act like a child, you can play later”

 

“But, I need to make revenge. I must win, he cheats ok”

 

Kyuhyun frown; Sungmin brush her fingers on his cheek

 

“Baby, are you going to exchange me from that stupid game of yours?”

 

Kyuhyun pouts

 

“It’s not stupid and I’m not yet hungry. I want to play more, you just eat with them while I play”

 

Sungmin frown

 

“You can play later and defeat Jongwoon after eating our dinner”

 

“But Minnie”

 

Sungmin frown even more

 

“I’m hungry and our baby is also hungry, so let’s eat now. I’m warning you, if you won’t eat your dinner with me, I won’t let you sleep with me ever again.”

 

“Aish! Why are you so mean?”

 

“Stop being a brat or I’ll throw all your games at the trash can. I can do that baby and I don’t care if you’ll get mad at me.”

 

Kyuhyun frown at her. Sungmin stuck her tongue out and drags him at the dining room

 

 

 

 

Ryeowook was sitting on the bed while encoding her composition on her laptop. Jongwoon was preparing his things for school.

 

“Hubby, what are you doing?”

 

Ryeowook look at her husband

 

“I’m preparing my things for school on Friday”

 

“Please come here”

 

Jongwoon sits beside her

 

“Why?”

 

“You don’t have schedules on Friday right?”

 

Jongwoon nod

 

“Yes, I just have class”

 

Ryeowook smile brightly

 

“Can I drop you to school?”

 

“Babe, you need to take a rest”

 

“I know but I want to unwind and it’s too boring here at home when I’m alone”

 

“Dabong is here you can play with him”

 

Ryeowook pouts

 

“Teukie Umma actually invited me to go out with her on Friday. I told her that I’m going to fetch her after I drop you to school. So please let me just do it, and then I’ll fetch you too ok”

 

“Fine”

 

Ryeowook notice his fingers

 

“What happen to your fingers?”

 

“I cut it awhile ago”

 

Ryeowook opens the drawer and get the band aid

 

“Give me your hands”

 

Jongwoon obeys her like a child; Ryeowook puts band aid on his fingers and kissed him

 

“Thanks hubby. Thank you for this day, I really appreciate it”

 

Jongwoon pout

 

“I know you didn’t like the food that I’ve cooked awhile ago because the chicken is spicy and you hate spicy food”

 

Ryeowook hold his face

 

“It’s supposed to be sour like a lime just what Unnie keeps on telling you awhile ago; you suppose to put lime and not chili, but I love it and that’s the best spicy food that I ever taste”

 

Jongwoon hugs her

 

“Are you feeling fine now?”

 

Ryeowook nod

 

“Yes and thanks to you. I’m so thankful that you’re my husband, and thanks for inviting Unnie and Gege

 

“It’s ok, I love you babe”

 

Ryeowook smile and turn off her laptop and put it on the table. Jongwoon turn on the lampshades and switch off the lights and join Ryeowook on bed. He kissed him gently.

 

“Good night babe”

 

“I love you Jongwoon”

 

Ryeowook lay closer to him hugging him tight; she slowly closes her eyes and sleep with a smile on her face.