It Has To be You (Chapter 24)

It Has To be You

 

CHAPTER 24

 

 

Ryeowook wake up and found herself lying on the bed, Jongwoon was sitting beside her, holding her hand.

 

“What happen to me hubby?”

 

Jongwoon touch her forehead

 

“Good thing you’re not that hot anymore”

 

Ryeowook stare at him blankly

 

“When we arrive here, you fall unconsciously because of your high fever, you broke your ankle, but don’t worry its fine now. Thanks to ba ba and Minnie”

 

“What time is it?”

 

“One in the afternoon”

 

Ryeowook stare at him with wide eyes

 

“OMO, I overslept”

 

“It’s ok; you need to take a rest. The doctor told us that you need to take a rest and stay on bed the whole day. Does your tummy still aching?”

 

Ryeowook nod

 

“A bit”

 

Jongwoon stare at her worriedly

 

“You need to drink some medicine; the doctor gives it to me before she left. She told me to watch your monthly period because it’s not normal. Do you visit your OB regularly?”

 

Ryeowook shook her head

 

“No”

 

“I see, when we go back we need to go and visit your OB”

 

“Why?”

 

“You need to have a regular check up, you’re having hormone imbalance”

 

Ryeowook’s eyes widened

 

“Again?”

 

“So this is not the first time that you’re having hormone imbalance?”

 

Ryeowook nod; Jongwoon gets the tray of food on the table and put it on the bed and feed her

 

“Umma, cook it before they left”

 

“Where are they?”

 

“They all went at the hot spring, leaving the two of us”

 

Ryeowook stare at him

 

“What?”

 

“What did the doctor told you about my hormone imbalance?”

 

Jongwoon just shook his head

 

“She told me to visit your OB so she can explain it further”

 

Ryeowook stare at him nervously

 

“Did Mama explain it to you?”

 

“No, they are so excited to go at the hot spring. I didn’t have the chance to ask her. Why?”

 

Ryeowook look at him sadly

 

“Mama, told me before that it will be hard for me to get pregnant because my monthly period is not normal, and I always have hormone imbalance”

 

Jongwoon hold her chin

 

“Babe, don’t pressure yourself about it. You’re still young and remember we’re not in a hurry. We still need to enjoy the company of each other more, because if you get pregnant everything will change already”

 

“What if I can’t bear a child, will you leave me?”

 

“Then, we need to adopt one”

 

Jongwoon smile at her and start feeding her

 

“Just eat, so you’ll gain your strength and don’t think too much”

 

“Arasso”

 

 

 

 

Jongwoon and Ryeowook go back in Seoul early because she needs to visit her OB who was about to attend a seminar in London; they need to catch her before she left. Jia look at the couple and sigh

 

“Are you planning to have a child in the future?”

 

They nod at her

 

“Well”

 

Jia takes a deep breath

 

“How do I explain this?”

 

Ryeowook look at her nervously

 

“Li xu dear, I’m afraid to inform you that it will be hard for you to get pregnant”

 

Ryeowook’s eyes widened

 

“Why?”

 

“Because of your situation; this is not the first time that you’re having a hormone imbalance, and you know very well that your ovary is not in good condition as well as your uterus”

 

“But I was only sixteen years old when I was rushed to the hospital and get confine because of that”

 

“But the result is still the same”

 

“Can’t we do anything for me to be pregnant in the future?”

 

Jia look at them and hold her hands

 

“Dear, if ever you get pregnant you’ll have greater chance to lose the baby”

 

Ryeowook look at Jongwoon who is staring at Jia blankly

 

“Is there anything we can do about it?”

 

Jongwoon ask her

 

“Well as for the meantime we just need to hope for the better, and I’ll advice your wife not to do straneous activities and stress herself too much. She needs to have good rest all the time, and also avoid staying up so late at night and be healthy all the times. I don’t need to give her herbal medicine or what, and one more thing, please record her monthly period so I can check if she’s having a regular period”

 

Jongwoon nod; Jia look at them and smile

 

“Li xu, you’re still a right?”

 

Ryeowook nods

 

“I knew it while examing you awhile ago. Don’t forget that in order for you to be pregnant someday, you need to make love with Jongwoon and just take it easy so it won’t be hard for you.”

 

“Arasso”

 

“I’ll see you after three months”

 

“Arasso”

 

Ryeowook keeps her head low while they walk outside the hospital; she remains quiet inside the car. Jongwoon stop the car and look at her

 

“Babe, please look at me”

 

Ryeowook stare at him with teary eyes

 

“I don’t want to see you like that”

 

“But I’m so upset to hear that bad news”

 

Ryeowook’s tears start to fall from her eyes, Jongwoon hug her and kiss her forehead

 

“Babe, as I told you before that we’re not in a hurry and things will change someday, you just have to follow what your doctor told you to do”

 

“But what if there’s really no chance for me to get pregnant?”

 

“Be positive, that time will come and I know that we’re going to have a cute baby someday”

 

“I hope so”

 

“No more crying arasso”

 

Ryeowook nod, Jongwoon wipe her tears and smile

 

“Let’s go at the grocery to shop for the things that you’ll need when you cook on your birthday”

 

Ryeowook smile at him

 

“Ok”

 

 

 

 

*GROCERY*

 

 

Ryeowook and Jongwoon walk happily at the grocery store. Jongwoon was watching his wife happily as she walks around and pick all the ingredients that she’ll be using. People start recognizing him and start following them, Jongwoon holds Ryeowook’s hand tight, afraid that she’ll get lost because of the crowd that follows them.

 

“Don’t go far and don’t let go of my hand”

 

Ryeowook stare at him curiously

 

“Why?”

 

“Can you see those people following us?”

 

Ryeowook nod

 

“So?”

 

“It’s so crowded, and I don’t want to lose you, so don’t be a child and play around”

 

“I’m not playing around”

 

Jongwoon smile at her

 

“You buy everything that you need and everything that you want so we can get out of here”

 

“What do you want to eat later?”

 

“We’re going out today so you don’t need to cook, but I want pork cutlet on your birthday”

 

Ryeowook smile at him and nod. Ryeowook grab everything that she wants, Jongwoon just watch her while pushing their cart

 

“Babe, do we really need to buy all of these?”

 

“Of course”

 

Jongwoon grab the box of granola bar in the cart that he’s pushing and look on it

 

“You’ll grow like a hippo if you eat lots of food”

 

Ryeowook frown at him

 

“I’m just kidding, don’t get mad at me”

 

“I’m done now”

 

“Finally”

 

Jongwoon pays the grocery bill and carry it while Ryeowook follows him

 

“Where do you want to go next?”

 

“I don’t know it’s up to you”

 

“Let’s just go somewhere and eat somewhere”

 

Ryeowook stare at him blankly

 

“I’ll drive and whenever we see a good place to visit then we’re going there, is that ok with you?”

 

Ryeowook nod

 

“Can I request for something?”

 

“Ok”

 

“Can we go on a record bar because I want to buy the latest album of The Bond and some classical cds?”

 

“Ok then, shall we go now?”

 

Ryeowook nod; Jongwoon drive his car happily. They went at the record bar first; Jongwoon was looking around and stares at the cds blankly. He grabs one classical cd and read it

 

“Mozart? Who is he? Aish! She’s really an alien to love music so much. I can’t believe that she listens to this boring music. Is that really the life a music student?”

 

Jongwoon return the cd and start walking around again. Ryeowook walks towards him

 

“What are you looking at?”

 

“Just looking around, do you really enjoy listening to boring music, like this?”

 

Jongwoon show her some Classical cds

 

“It’s not boring you know, Classical music are fun and relaxing, you should try listening to it”

 

Jongwoon shook his head

 

“No way”

 

Ryeowook sigh

 

“You’re done shopping?”

 

“Yes”

 

“We shall go”

 

Jongwoon hold her hand and walk outside. He notices a blonde girl standing beside his car. He smile upon recognizing her

 

“Hi Jessica, what are you doing here?”

 

“I’m chasing you”

 

“Yeah right”

 

“I was about to visit you at home and I passed by in here and I see your car so I stop and wait for you”

 

Jongwoon smile; Jessica kiss his lips and look at Ryeowook who is staring at her

 

“So you’re with this little girl?”

 

Ryeowook stare at her

 

“I’m not a little girl”

 

“It’s good to see you not wearing heels today”

 

“It’s none of your business. Jongwoon let’s go”

 

Ryeowook look at Jongwoon

 

“Ok”

 

Jessica holds his arm so he can’t go anywhere

 

“I need to talk to you sweetheart”

 

“What?”

 

Jessica kisses his lips before talking

 

“Taeyeon, Luna and I and your other girls were throwing a party at my place, and we want you to be there. We try to contact you but nobody answer’s our call, and we found out that you went for a vacation with that kid and your family”

 

“Its summer and we just want to cruise around, we just arrive awhile ago”

 

“I see and we miss you so much, that’s why you need to come with me and let’s have party all night”

 

Jongwoon shook his head

 

“I’m afraid I can’t join you guys because I don’t want and I’m busy”

 

“What?”

 

“My wife needs me and we’re having a good time together, and Jessica please don’t ever kiss me again. I’m already married and I love my wife”

 

Jongwoon show his ring and smile at her

 

“Have fun with them”

 

Jongwoon smile and left her speechless.