Tension In The Air

Secrets Within

Right before school ended, you called L to pick you and your brother up. But it was only because you didn’t want things to be awkward. When you arrived at the front door, L and Sungyeol was already there. You smiled and greeted L. “Let’s go!” You said brightly. You grabbed Sungyeol’s wrist and dragged the both of them outside. Sungyeol deeply frowned. *She’s holding my wrist again. Not only that but she’s ignoring me and only talking to L!* Sungyeol sighed and let you continue dragging him. L noticed the awkward atmosphere so he didn’t better asking what’s wrong. He just continued the random conversations with you. L would frequently try to get Sungyeol into the conversation but he would just smile and nod.

“Oppa do you want to stay for a bit? I can invite the others too” You asked stepping into the house. L nodded “Sure” You texted the rest of Infinite to come over. They arrived seconds after you texted them.(It was already sundown) You greeted them with a smile and went to the kitchen to see if there was any food, lucky for them you had leftover blood from dinner. You poured it into 8 different cups and brought them to the living room. “Here” You bluntly said as you handed each of them a cup. “So why’d you ask us to come over?” You shrugged “Just missed hanging out with you guys” You stirred your drink and took a sip. Your face scrunched up when the blood reached your mouth. “Is this random human blood?!” You exclaimed. Sungyeol nodded. You had forgot you had human blood for dinner yesterday. You closed your eyes and exhaled sharply. You hated drinking human blood from a person you didn’t know but you knew it was only for your best. You still liked human blood; sometimes you can’t hold yourself back and attack the human prey. But you don’t like drinking some stranger’s blood. You drank everything in one big gulp. *Ew!* Infinite laughed at your reaction. “Cute” Dongwoo chirped. They also try to avoid drinking human blood but they wouldn’t mind if they to. You on the other hand, had a problem drinking random human blood. Every time you drink it, you would get shivers down your spine.

You sat down between Sunggyu and L, staying away from Sungyeol as far as possible. Everyone seemed to notice but didn’t say anything. Sungyeol cleared his throat”____-ah. Did you have enough blood?” He tried asking you. “Yea” You replied bluntly. Every time Sungyeol asked you something, you would reply with one word. Sometime you would just nod your head. *Is she this stubborn that she won’t even say more than one word to me?!* Sungyeol thought as his fist clenched. “Yah ____, you’re really going to ignore our brother?” Sungyeol asked, obviously frustrated. You shrugged *Oppa I know I’m being stubborn but you were like this in the morning* You thought as you glanced at Sungyeol. You could see his knuckles whitening due to his fists tightening. “____, I’m you brother. You should know better than to ignore.” Sungyeol said through his gritted teeth. You scoffed “What, am I supposed to talk to you after you forbid me to talk to my only friend over something that small?” You rolled your eyes. The rest of Infinite stayed quiet, not wanting to get involved but wanting to stop this from going any further. “He attacked me. You shouldn’t be talking back to me-“ You cut him off and abruptly stood up. “He apologized! He didn’t even injure you! He could’ve just left without apologizing but he insisted! You shouldn’t ban me from talking to him just because of that. Why do you think he attacked you? He could’ve been worried about me, I did tell him he was my only friend and he didn’t know I had a brother!” Sungyeol stood quiet. *Maybe she’s right* He thought. He didn’t say anything so you continued; “You’re being so immature over this. You’re acting like a child!” That set Sungyeol off. His eyes snapped up at you. “I’m NOT the one being immature about this. You’re making a big deal out of this, not me. You’re acting like a stupid obnoxious child.” Sungyeol roared. Infinite gasped at Sungyeol. He never called you something like that in his life. He would always be caring, never had he yelled at you. Tear welled up in your eyes. You’ve never seen him snap at you. Not only did he just yell at you but he also called you names and blamed it on you for being obnoxious when he was the one who was being stubborn. Sungyeol saw the tears in your eyes; he softened and immediately regret yelling at you. “Alright fine. Then let’s stop this right now. I won’t talk to Niel anymore. So now I won’t have a friend just like before, happy?” You blinked your eyes away and turned to Infinite with a fake smile. It hurt them that you were trying to smile when you were obviously not happy. “Sorry oppas. I’m tired. Let’s hang out some other time” They nodded and you headed to your room. You shut your door and sat on your chair. You looked out the window and stared at the moonlight. You can here Woohyun and the rest scolding Sungyeol for yelling at you.

“What is wrong with you? Why would you yell at her like that?! God Sungyeol. What were you thinking?!” Sunggyu yelled in outrage. Sungyeol sat on the couch and took all the scolding. Sungyeol sadly looked up to your door. *Mianhae ____-ah. I wasn’t thinking. It didn’t occur to me that Niel attacked me because he was worried about you. Maybe he isn’t a bad person after all*