Am I Dreaming?

Secrets Within

"____-ah. We aren't jerks like that. We actually have a heart unlike those fools who are hunting you down," CAP assured you. Teen Top gave you comforted smiles and it felt... strangely nice. It made you feel like they were your brothers; just like how Infinite made you felt.

Ricky gleefully sat next to you, "We'll never leave you. Not as long as we're breathing. Scout's honor." He held a hand up and cheekily grinned.

Not being able to resist, you pinched his cheeks. L.Joe wrapped his arms around you and gave you a squeeze. He leaned down and kissed you, ignoring the protests that were screamed at him. He scowled at Sungyeol's comment; 'Don't eat my sister's face off!'

*You seem a lot happier ____-ah. Keep smiling my dongsaeng.* Sungyeol thought. Words wouldn't be able to describe how much you meant to him. It hurt him when you used to be cold and distant for the sake of your life. He was a lot happier now that you were smiling again.

----

"I'm sorry for your house Chunj..." You nibbled on your bottom lip and looked around. The mess you left was indescribable and it would take forever to restore everything.

Chunji waved it off, "Eh, no worries. I knew this would happen, it's cool." You were taken back by his positive attitude.

"Ugh." Rubbing your sore ankle, you groaned. The grip from the girl was pretty hard. A hand overlapped yours and rubbed your ankle for you. As expected, it was L.Joe.

"You okay?" He softly asked.

In response, you nodded. He brought you closer to him and kissed your temple, "I never knew your life was this difficult. Mianhae for not understanding you better."

Your eyes flickered in surprise, "Not understanding me? You've done quite enough."

Smiling, he pulled you into his chest. You inhaled his scent and smiled, *I will never get tired of this scent.*

"Do you ever miss your mom?" You blurted, louder than expected.

L.Joe thought for a bit, "Hm, I never thought about it but I guess I do."

Your lips were pressed into a thin line. To show your gratitude for L.Joe, you were thinking of doing something in return. "How about we visit her?"

"...What?" L.Joe asked with a baffled expression. He had stopped breathing when he heard the words 'visit' and 'mom' come out from your mouth in the same sentence.

"If you want, we can visit your mom." You repeated slower. He let go of the breath he didn't know he was holding.

"But she doesn't know about...us." He wheezed, emphasizing the 'us'.

You silenced him by putting your hands up, "It's my idea to expose the vampire species to mere mortals. I'll take the consequences, don't worry about it."

"Are you sure?" It was obvious that he was concerned. You carelessly nodded.

"But I'm not," He said all of a sudden. That caught your attention.

You sat up, "Why?"

No words were use to explain it. Instead, he showed you. L.Joe pushed his bangs up and it showed a light mark, *A scar?*

"When I was walking home one day, someone attacked me. It was the first time I was attacked. And it left this," He explained, patting his hair back in place.

"So...you're just... still scared?" You anticipated his answer.

With a sigh, he nodded. You put a hand on his arm, "Don't worry. I'll be with you."

-----

"These disguises are so revealing..." Pinching the edge of his wig, he made a look. Yes, a wig.

"That's the point. We don't show them you're scared. Now loosen up." You smacked his stomach and snickered when he winced.

You and L.Joe lookd like you two were glowing. The eye-catching disguises were bright and very abnormal. You wore a bright green wig that stopped around the shoulders. Fake long eyelashes were overlapping your eyelashes. And let's just say your outfits were Lady Gaga style. L.Joe had a black mushroom styled wig that drooped over more than half of his eyes. He too, was also wearing a flashing outfit.

The outfits made you two look like a fool but people, drunk or not, still had enough common sense to stay away from you. The aura you had just told people to back off.

A breath of relief escaped L.Joe's mouth, "Thank goodness. I thought they were going to recognize me."

"You've been training with me. Even if they did, just do what you do in training. Man up," Taking the wig off, your long hair fell down and scrunched your hair to get it back to its original shape.

L.Joe chuckled, "You looked cute with green hair."

You looked at him with wide eyes, "What sane person would have green hair?!"

Turning serious, you asked, "You ready?" Seeing that L.Joe didn't answer, you glanced over. He stared at the door like it was the most horrifying thing he's ever seen. You squeezed his hand.

Giving you an almost fake smile, he turned the knob and opened the door.

There sat a healthy women. She looked prefectly fine and not ill at all. But L.Joe recognized her immediately. *How is she all better? There's no way that can happen in one year and a half.*

"U-Umma?" L.Joe managed to say.

The women snapped her head up at the sudden voice. She eaily recognized L.Joe but was confused at the sight of the girl next to her son. *Isn't that...* She thought. She also thought she was hallucinating, looking at the sight of her deceased son.

"L.Joe? Am I dreaming?"