Heart Stopping News

Secrets Within

You basically threw your body in front of L.Joe to save him from his mom’s blows. The impact made you wince but L.Joe wouldn’t have been able to handle that. L.Joe gasped, “____!” He grabbed your shoulders, “Are you okay?! Why would you do that?!” He double-checked for any new formed injures.

“I’m fine. We’ll get through this.” You grasped his hand and gave it a light squeeze.

“Aw how cute!” His mom cooed, “NOT! Now cut the crap.”

“You heartless little mother-“ You attempted to kick her but she caught your ankle and twisted ankle and twisted it but L.Joe stopped her by kicking her hand off your ankle.

A sudden rush of dizziness caught up to you. From the bullet you took before, even more blood was gushing out. L.Joe noticed your sudden decrease of speed and also saw blood coming out. He cut his wrist, “Drink that. You need it.”

Without any protests, you took it. The red substance filled your mouth and a ball of energy rushed through your body, revising you. You would’ve been able to drink more of it if it wasn’t for L.Joe’s mother. She prevented you from drinking any further. L.Joe narrowed his eyes at her, “Why would you kill you own husband? Did you ever think of how I would react?”

She sneered, “Shut it. I don’t need a lecture from you. I didn’t see how your father was doing anything to help me when I was ill.”

“Then why did you marry him? Didn’t you marry out of love?!” L.Joe screamed in anger.

“Love is for children and I am not one.” She abruptly said.

“You really are sick. Not physically but mentally. After all these years you turned into this.” You joined the conversation.

L.Joe’s hand was dangerously trembling. Who would’ve thought that his own mother was like this? Definitely not him.

“____... L-Let me handle this.” L.Joe stuttered.

The red in his eyes screamed murder, which was why you didn’t protest. Instead, you gave him an extra weapon and uneasily crept away.

Deadly screaming was the last thing you heard before you walked away. It made you freeze, *But I trust Byunghun* this was heart wrenching for you; leaving the guy you love dealing with his insane mother who screams no mercy.

Within a few steps, there was screaming again. And it as hard to differentiate whether it was a male or female’s voice. Your mind told you to run back and help L.Joe, but your heart told you to believe in Byunghun.

“____! ____! Help!” screamed your earpiece.

*What?* You pressed onto your ear piece, “Sungjong?! What happened?!”

“Come to the second floor NOW!” He demanded.

Without a moment’s hesitation, your legs began to head towards the stairs.

As you reached the upper level, you withdrew your gun and decreased your speed. There, stood an enemy who was manhandling Sungjong. As quietly as possible, you cocked the gun and had your fingers on the trigger.

Before you could fire, a hand wrapper around your neck cutting off your oxygen. You did a back flip, which got the arm off. The guard that was hurting Sungjong eventually heard the commotion and went behind the wall to help.

Sungjong took this chance to kick the guard down by his feet since Sungjong was all tied up.

Meanwhile, you were trying to knock the guy out. He seemed to know all your moves and was able to block them. So you tried something new. Spinning in the air, you wrapped your feet around his neck and brought him down with you. You tumble rolled back and grabbed your gun that had been knocked out of your hand.

The bullet pierced through his head and blood seeped out like a faucet. Twirling a knife in your hand, you through it on the guy who was with Sungjong. It landed on the back of his head and he stopped moving immediately. As you finished cutting the ropes off, you helped him up.

“Kwenchana?!”

“Yeah,” He smiled and ruffled your hair.

A bloody scream interrupted you conversation. Both of you glanced at each other and ran down the hallway.

There stood an unfamiliar person. But in front of him was Sungyeol who was on his knees.

As soon as you took a step forward, you were greeted by a knife to your throat.

“____!” Sungyeol screamed but got kicked in the stomach.

You gulped and warily looked down at the knife. Moving as fast as the wind, you managed to twist the arm and knock the knife out of the hand.

Many guns were pointed to you but you had one pointed to the one holding Sungyeol. As long as you got a hold on the main culprit, you didn’t care. The unfamiliar vampire held his hands up and feigned innocence, “Woah ____. Why would you shoot your biological brother?” He evilly chuckled.

You froze… *What?*