Mysterious Figures

Secrets Within

Ailee didn’t show up until 10:00 a.m. Teachers really don’t care about it either. *I’m so glad Ailee is a senior* You thought as you walked towards your locker. “Oh! ____ annyeong!” You looked at the locker next to you. *MiYoung* You ignored her and proceeded to take out your books. You closed your locker and walked away but MiYoung called you again. She grabbed your arm but you yanked her off. “Don’t forget your act!” Sungyeol’s voice rang inside your head. You stayed quiet, signaling MiYoung to go on. MiYoung smiled. “Do you want to be friends?” You replied with a flat out ‘No’. “But why?” You took a deep breath. *This girl is so stubborn* “Look. I don’t have, need or want friends. I’m fine being myself. I prefer being by myself. So please stop trying to talk to me. Don’t take this in the wrong way, I don’t hate you but I don’t want friends either” MiYoung brightened “So I still have a chance to be your friend since you don’t hate me right?!” *Urgh!* “No! Please stop bothering me!” MiYoung nodded and walked away. *I really hate being nice to people but I don’t mind being nice to the oppas*

“You shouldn’t be so mean to people otherwise you won’t get any friends” You whirled around to meet eyes with someone with blonde hair. He was smirking *Looks like a playboy* “What’s it to you? And if you didn’t hear, I don’t need or want friends” He put his hands up as if to show he surrenders. “Whoa okay then. Anger issues much? Anyways I’m L.Joe and you are?” He grabbed your hand and kissed the back of it. “Not interested. Thank you very much” You pulled your hand away and walked away but then you stopped. You shut your eyes and sharply inhaled. *I’m supposed to act nice not mean* You spun around and bowed “Joesonghabnida for my behavior” He blinked a few times and then gave you an amused smile. “Are you bipolar or something? What the hell was that?!” He tried not to laugh. *Act nice ____ act nice* You thought “No it’s just that I thought I came off a little rude. My name is ____ by the way” “Nice to meet you ____. Well I have to go, my friends are waiting. See you around!” You rolled your eyes and watched him disappear down the hall. *L.Joe… what an interesting name* You were guessing you were going to see L.Joe again since there’s Lunch right now.

You were right. You saw L.Joe along with 5 other people. He gave you a little wave and you waved back. You sat at your usual loner table. You looked up and saw L.Joe headed your way. You could hear people’s whispers “Oh my god she’s actually talking to someone!” *Oh shut up!* L.Joe sat down and started talking “Do you want to sit with me and my friends?” You shook your head “No thanks. Please don’t take this the wrong way but we’re not friends. I really don’t want friends. Thanks though” Like you expected, he was shocked. “Um… okay…sorry” He walked back to his table. *I feel bad for him but I really can’t afford someone finding out about my life*

You were walking down the hall when you saw a figure watching you at the corner of your eyes. You turned around and walked in that direction. By the time you there that figure was gone. *But how? This is a dead end, all there is here are lockers! Maybe I was hallucinating… but I was so sure of it*