How He Turned Into One Of Us

Secrets Within

A/N: Credits to New_East for the poster!

-----

"Hey L.Joe. What were you going to do if I didn't gain my memory back?" You swiveled the cup so the blood stirred. You looked at the cup instead of L.Joe.

"I was really hoping that kiss would work. Otherwise I would've had to think of something else," L.Joe admitted, sheepishly scratching his head. He was also staring at his own cup.

After hearing his answer, you stopped mixing the blood and gaped at him. He avoided your eyes and took a sip of his drink as casually as possible. "Yah! Are you serious?!" You asked while sitting up.

"Well it worked!" L.Joe argued, slightly chuckling.

"But what if it didn't?!" You questioned, laughing after him.

"Hey hey hey. It worked and that's final!" He waved his hands, trying to settle this amusing and weird argument. "Don't underestimate the power of love!" He shouted while puffng his chest up. You chuckled at L.Joe's weak statement but softened at his last sentence. You snuggled closer to him and enjoyed the silence. L.Joe's smile didn't disappear until he remembered what Joon had done to you. *I'm sorry ____-ah. I'm sorry for not being able to protect you.* He let his lips rest on your head. His chin rested on your head and he soothingly rubbed your arms.

There was about 4 hours until school. Out of nowhere, you thought of how L.Joe turned into a vampire. Curiousity got the best of you and decided to asked L.Joe, "L.Joe-ah."

He hummed a "Hm" to show that he acknowledged you. "How did you become a vampire?"

He was taken back by your sudden question. He pulled back to look at you. Seeing the uncertainty on his face, you spoke up. "You don't have to say it. I don't mind, I was just wondering." He smiled at your caring nature.

"It's fine. I was just shocked that you asked that so suddenly," He took a deep breath and began.

-Flashback-

L.Joe walked down his block. Every step he took, he became more nervous. As he heard laughter behind him, he walked faster. The laughter gradually increased and he gulped. His family was never that rich and didn't have a decent amount of money either. That's why L.Joe and his family was forced to rent an apartment, a crappy one at that. The apartment was surrounded by hoodlums everywhere, inside and out. It was never a safe place, but they had no choice. Of course, his only family was his mother. L.Joe's dad left them when L.Joe was just a toddler. Soon after he left, L.Joe's mother grew physically sick. Having no father or husband to take care of them, they struggled to survive. L.Joe always came home with injuries since he always encountered 'hoodlums'. They always beat him senseless.

The howling of laughter grew and L.Joe's muscles tensed. His mother was up in ther apartment coughing like crazy. But of course L.Joe didn't know that and was currently occupied with something. L.Joe always stayed by his mother's side. She was very grateful for her son's existence. Must you remember L.Joe wasn't a vampire from birth, nor was his parents'. They were never vampires or anything related to the vampire species. They didn't even know of vampires' actuality. All three of them thought vampires were just a myth, just like every other human in the world.

"Hey, you there!" A voice called after L.Joe who was this close to peeing himself.

He turned around. His eyes widened in horror. At the sight of it, he was sure he was going to get beat up again. Boy, he was in for much worse than that. Everyday L.Joe would hear unusual sounds; crazy laughter, , screaming and other uncomfortable sounds.

On the right side of the building, there were two delinquents that also happened to live in the same building as L.Joe. The taller one of the two suddenly held a beer bottle up and bopped the other in the head. As the blood dripped down the side of his head, L.Joe expected the two to break out into a fight but the unexpected happened. They started cackling and breaking even more bottles on each others' head.

On the other side of the building, there were the drunk thugs who were approaching L.Joe. Oh! And another thing about L.Joe; he never got an educaton because they couldn't afford it. Besides his mom, he didn't have friends. His mom was his one and only friend.

His mind was telling him to run but his body said otherwise. L.Joe couldn't move, all he could do was watch the troublemakers approach him. *Run pabo run!*

His knees were trembling tremendously. "Look at you. Gangster wanna-be?" The stranger finished the beer and threw the bottle against a wall.

L.Joe didn't hear what he said, all he heard was the faint voices around him. Being drunk, the guy easily got frustrated.

That's when L.Joe noticed something peculiar about them. Their eyes were Red. *Almost like it's not human...*

These 'humans' were drunk and hungry. And L.Joe just happened to appear.

L.Joe was clueless as to what they were doing. But they were all thinking the same thing, *Dig in.*

And that's when L.Joe's mom was left all alone. Cops and ambulances appeared and L.Joe's mom was devastated to know that there was now no one to take care of her.

Teen Top came across and helped L.Joe survive in the nick of time. They barely saved him.

-End of Flashback-

"And that's how my death went," L.Joe sighed. You stayed quiet the entire time.

"So your mom...passed?" You asked cautiously, trying not to hit a sensitive spot.

"Actually no. She's still alive. I just don't want to visit because it'll freak her out." He said, casually.

You said no words. You just sat next to him in silence. *I never knew it was so hard for him.*

L.Joe looked down at you, *My life is nothing compared to yours. You have vampires everywhere trying to take your life. Comapred to your life, my life is easier. Don't worry ____, I'll protect you as best as I can in the future. Saranghae.*