Relationship With Him and The Past

Secrets Within

As usual, you and Sungyeol walked out of the school hand in hand. “____-ah, thanks for being with me. All we have is each other but that’s enough. We have to protect each other; we never know when they will come. I’m glad I have you” *Of course oppa! So random, why is he talking about this?* Nevertheless you smiled “Of course oppa, we’ll always be with each other” With your free hand, you made a half heart by raising your arm over your head. Sungyeol smiles. He kissed your forehead and pulled you into a hug, still holding your hand. Your grip was always secured with a tight hold. When there were huge crowds, people would push you two and try to pry your hands apart but you never let go. You were stronger than you looked. Even without your vampire strength, you two would still be able to hold onto each other.

Someone called your name “____!” You and Sungyeol turned around “Oh L!” L jogged up to you and ruffled your hair. “Oppa!” Sungyeol looked at you two weirdly. “Well I sure feel left out” You rolled your eyes “Oh please. You’re my brother!” At the same time, L pinched your right cheek and Sungyeol pinched your left. “L oppa, what are you doing here?” “Well I was going too pick you and Sungyeol up but you guys already left by the time I got there” *Aw he came to pick us up? He must really miss us and how we used to hang out*

L had to go somewhere, probably looking for food. You and Sungyeol already went hunting so you didn’t need to worry about getting into a blood coma. Instead of going home you and Sungyeol sat on a bench at the park. “Hmm…. This is nice” You nodded your head in agreement. It was really relaxing, having the wind blow through your hair and hearing nothing but silence. It’s been a while since you and Sungyeol could relax like this. You two were always looking out for vampires who are out to get you. It was now dark out. Sungyeol pulled you into a hug and rested his cheek on your head. Being really relaxed and calm, your vampire sense didn’t react when someone was watching you right at that moment.

The figure watching was boiling with anger. Who was he? No other than your one and only friend, Niel. Niel came out from behind the tree and walked towards you. Sungyeol still had his arm around your shoulder, hands resting on it. Niel got frustrated at the sight of it. “Yah ____” Startled. You and Sungyeol looked towards the direction of the voice. “Niel?” You asked, quite confused on why he was here and more importantly, why he was in his vampire form. His eyes were light blue; some vampires have difference eye colors than other. Niel actually looked pretty nice with that color but there was no time to be thinking about that. Niel attacked Sungyeol. He threw Sungyeol onto the ground and hovered over him. “Who in the world are you and why do you have your arm around ____?!” You quickly made a move. You grabbed Niel’s arms and heaved him back. You helped Sungyeol up. You saw Sungyoel bring his fangs out but you quickly stopped him. “Wait oppa. Niel is my….friend. He’s the vampire I told you about” Sungyeol hid his fangs back. Niel’s eyebrow pinched together at the word ‘oppa’. You don’t even call him that. You glared at Niel with your autumn red eyes. *He’s so lucky Sungyeol can control himself* “Why’d you attack him?! Why are you even here?!” “Because he had his arms around you! You said that you didn’t have any other friends!” You scoffed. Others would’ve been offended but like you said; you didn’t want or need friends. It was true; you didn’t lie when you said it. “He’s my brother you idiot!” Niel gaped at you. Sungyeol went home to prevent himself from killing Niel. You and Sungyeol were both stronger than Niel; it showed by your eye colors. A vampire’s eye colors are determined by the level of their strength. There are only 4 eye colors for vampires. From weakest to strongest; it’s Light Green, Light Blue, Autumn Red, and Black. Every vampire’s eye color represents his or her strength. But it is NOT permanent. A vampire can improve their strength in the future and if they deserve it, their eye color will change. Unlike you, Sungyeol has black as his eye color. Sungyeol can get stronger but his eye color won’t change since it’s already the highest.

“AW crap… I just attacked your brother?” You calmly nodded “Who also has black as his eyes, if you didn’t see before” Niel gaped at you. “He could’ve killed me! Why didn’t you warn me?!” *Is he serious? He attacked a vampire without knowing the most important thing? The eye color/strength. He’s unbelievable, what kind of vampire is he?* “Are you serious? You attacked him and you’re asking why I didn’t warn you? And you attacked a vampire without knowing their strength? Unbelievable” You mumbled the last part but Niel was able to catch that. You stormed off, mad that he just into your business. *What’s it to him if I had friends anyways?!*

“Hey wait up!” Niel grabbed your wrist but you yanked it away. “Stay away from me. Just because you’re my friend doesn’t mean we’re close so stop getting into my business and stop following me or whatever you do!” He was shocked at your straightforwardness. You were so made at how he acts so close to you. He quietly walked next to you. After a couple of minutes he finally spoke, “Mian… I didn’t know he was tour brother” You rolled your eyes “Even so, you shouldn’t attack people just because I hang out with them” He sheepishly rubbed the back of his neck. “To be honest, I thought you guys were boyfriend and girlfriend. You guys look nothing alike!” You stopped and broke out into laughter. Niel just looked at you like you had 5 heads. “That’s cause we aren’t biologically siblings but we are blood bonded” Niel’s eyes widened. “Jeongmal?!” You nodded. “How are you guys blood bonded? What happened?” “You really want to know?” He eagerly nodded. You smiled and dragged him to your house.

Instead of going inside, you and Niel just sat on the front steps. Niel felt uncomfortable going inside since Sungyeol was in there. “This is a long story, are you sure you want to listen?” You asked him. He replied with a nod. “Okay well…”

-FLASHBACK-

“SOMEONE HELP! PLEASE!” You screamed as loud as you can. The person holding you held a knife to your throat. He pierced the knife towards your skin but not enough to kill you. But if you made a single move, even if you flinched you would’ve started bleeding. By now you were crying. You were only 12. (It was 5 years ago) “Shut up!” The man hissed. *What’s happening?! Who are they?!* You were scared out of your mind. This never happened to you. Of course you were oblivious to the fact that they were vampires too. “What are you waiting for? Kill her already!” Another man demanded. The man holding you smirked “Let’s just have some fun with this vampire. She looks so weak” *Vampire?! What is this a movie?! What are they talking about?!* “I’m not a vampire! Who are you people?!” The man got annoyed with your voice so he put more force on the knife. Blood dripped down your throat. They fought back the urge to attack you for your blood. “Don’t lie. We know your aware of our lives” “But I’m not! Aren’t vampires like allergic to the sun?! I’m perfectly fine in the sun!” The man scoffed “That obviously means that you have the sun ability. Now shut up or we’ll shoot man.” You knew they were going to kill you anyways so you screamed at the top of your lungs. “SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!” Your voice cracked.

Sungyeol who was coincidentally around the corner had heard your screams. There was a loud bang. HE quickly hid behind the wall and looked to see what was wrong. There were 4 guys surrounding a little girl and that girl was you. One of the guys was holding a gun; he shot your right in the chest. Sungyeol’s eyes widened in alert. He had sensed that they were vampires but you weren’t. While going into his vampire transformation, he grabbed the gun and shot the guy. The remaining 3 hissed at him. They had light green colored eyes, weakest of them all yet they killed you because they tried to harm your parents. They were no match for Sungyeol.

Sungyeol dodged their bullets and took the chance to shoot them. He took the gun and shot all 3 of them in the head. He rushed to your side and to his surprise; you were still alive but barely. You were breathing heavily. Your eyelids drooped down a bit. He tried shaking you but your eyelids were getting heavier by the moment. He thought about leaving you to die but he felt like he had to keep you alive and stay by your side. It was like his mind was telling him to leave but his heart had different ideas. Seeing that you were going to die any minute, he bit his fangs into your neck. After about 30 seconds, he pried himself off of you. There was no response from you but then your eyes snapped open. But something was different. They were autumn red instead of your chocolate brown eyes. That only meant one thing. From then on, you became a vampire. You were strong from the start. You didn’t have Light Green eyes like every new vampire in the vampire world; you were actually rank 3 of the vampire race. Vampires are born with light green but you were special.

Sungyeol took you in because a few days after the incident, something tragic happened. Someone had killed your parents. You were determined to find out who did it since no one knew who the killer was because there were no traces left behind, just your parents lifeless bodies. Sungyeol taught you how to control your hunger and appearance, he had also trained you. Over the years, you had gotten stronger but your eye color (vampire) didn’t change. Ever since, you and Sungyeol had been inseparable. You and Sungyeol had been with each other, never leaving each other’s side.

-END OF FLASHBACK-

Of course you left out what powers you had and who your parents were. Truth be told, you weren’t sure what powers you had yourself. “That’s basically it” You looked over to him. Niel sat there, astonished. “Wow… So you weren’t born a vampire?” *And here comes the questions* “Nope. I don’t know why though. My parents hid the fact that they were a vampire from me. But I don’t blame them. Their genes as a vampire didn’t get through to me I guess. It just…happened.” He nodded, showing that he understood what you said. “Wow, didn’t know your life was so…. Hard” You scoffed “Why would you? I’ve only known you for a few days and we aren’t closest people” *Okay maybe that was a bit harsh* “But why did you move? Wasn’t it easier living around vampires since you didn’t have to hide your secret?” *Yeah if you wanted to get killed* You shook your head “No, not really. All of the vampires would try to kill me-“ Your eyes widened *I almost told him about my parents! Aw shoot! ____ think!* You quickly made a lie “Because I didn’t want to be anyone’s friend and I was always ignoring them” He gaped at you “They would try to kill you just for that?! Just what you told me, I respect and acknowledge you for that. Always running away from enemies and it works. Most will just get caught but you and your brother sure are something” You softly smiled “Thanks. Oh yeah. If you ever want to go to Daegu, don’t tell other vampires you know me because they will hunt you down. I was born there so I have A LOT of enemies there” You warned him. He smiled. “How did Sungyeol get your blood?” “He almost went into a blood coma, that idiot” Niel laughed, “Should I to apologize to him?”

Sungyeol came out the door “Oh ____, I thought I heard voices” His eyes landed on Niel. Sungyeol glared at him causing Niel to hide behind your back. “Sorry about…attacking you” Niel squeaked. Sungyeol hissed and Niel flinched. You grabbed Sungyeol’s arm and tugged on them “Oppa! You’re scaring him! HE didn’t know you were my brother relax!” Sungyeol scowled and walked back in the house. “Sorry, he’ll calm down later don’t worry” Niel hesitantly nodded. “It’s late I’ll get going” You nodded and watched him leave.