The Dreadful Day of The Year

Secrets Within

The clock struck midnight and a fidgety feeling immediately entered your stomach. Your stomach felt uneasy and you felt a wave of guilt run through you.

It was your parent's death anniversary.

You dreaded this day. *If only I was there with them. If only I died instead of them. If only I wasn't born* Every year you would go through the same thing; blame yourself for your parent's death. And after their death anniversary, it would take several days for you to act like yourself again. Even Sungyeol or Infinite couldn't make you back to yourself. They could only help you keep your sanity and help prevent you from doing something you'll regret. Basically, they stopped you from killing yourself to join your parents. But they helped you a lot by doing so. You always did reckless things that you would regret once you were in the right state of mind.

You sighed. You opened your window and climbed out. You sat down on the roof and stared into the moonlight. *Umma...appa... How are you? I'm still trying to find to person who killed you. Infinite oppas are helping too. Sungyeol oppa is taking good care of me. I'll find the person soon. I'll visit you later, I promise.* You sighed again. You brought your knees up to your chest and you wrapped your arm around them. Even though you knew it was a bad idea, you thought about all those good memories you've had with your parents. The cold wind rushed passed you but you didn't even flinch; you are a vampire after all.

Sungyeol had been watching you from the door. He was well aware it was your parent's death anniversary. He also knew you would be depressed for a few days.

You sighed and felt liquid dropping down your face. You blinked a few times before reaching up to your face. You wiped the droplets and saw that it was tears. *How pathetic. Mom and dad died 5 years ago yet I'm still crying about it* You bitterly thought.

-----

Infinite went to school and you stayed home; you insisted they went to school. L.Joe had asked all of Infinite but the response was all the same, 'she's training'. Of course they couldn't say you were sick, vampires rarely got sick.

After 2 periods of class, L.Joe started getting worried so he cut class. He securely covered himself and paid a visit to you.

He rung your doorbell numerous of times but you ignored the constant sounds and just continued sobbing on the chair. You felt pitiful crying over this again but you couldn't help it.

L.Joe examined your house, trying to find a way to get in. His eyes roamed around the house. He did a double take on the side of the house; he had found a way to get in. You had forgotten to close your bedroom window. He jumped up to the roof and swung into your room. You felt a presence in your room and looked up. L.Joe pulled the shade down and the room became completely dark. You tried to stop crying and acted normal. "Yah ____-ah...you don't need to act strong. Just cry it all out," He said as he the light.

You stubbornly shook your head. *I refuse to cry in front of people besides the Infinite oppas*

L.Joe sighed. *Pabo. I know you're having a hard time* He slowly walked over to you and embraced you. Once you felt his arms wrap around you, you couldn't hold your tears any longer and just cried it out. L.Joe stayed silent and your back soothingly. You hugged him tightly and buried your faced into his chest. He put his chin on top of your head.

After crying for about 10 minutes, your cries turned into hiccups. L.Joe pulled back and he softened almost instantly. Your eyes were swollen, your lips were chapped and your face was stained with tears.

You stared off into space as L.Joe stared at you. "Want to know why I'm crying?" You looked at L.Joe

"You don't have to tell me-"

You cut him off, "I have to get this off my chest eventually. It would make me feel better if I told someone" *How independent* L.Joe thought.

He hesitated to answer but you answered anyways, "It's my parent's death anniversary today" L.Joe's eyes widened. *So that's why...* You continued speaking, "What's even worse...it's my birthday today. They died on my birthday"