Christmas Eve

Ended Up Loving You

Gi's POV

We are now gathered at the living room in front of the Christmas Tree. In a few minutes, it's already Christmas Eve! I'm looking at the gifts below the Christmas Tree and I can't wait to open my gifts. Haha! We only decided to have a simple family get together this Christmas Eve which is the best. If you are wondering about me and Yoseob, well, we have been well(?) to each other like nothing happen. The truth is that it had been awkward when we are together after that confession thingy and I never saw the person Yoseob told me to meet but didn't. I still wonder who is it but not until Yoseob explains to me why did he just change, well, I think he has change. He has been acting like himself after the day of the confessing thingy but when he faces me it's like there's a big wall between us named awkward. About their friend AJ, he looks like he's trying to be close to me. I just don't know but if you ask any of my friends who comes with us whenever AJ's there, they will sure say the same thing. I also notice that whenever we are hanging-out, AJ and Yoseob will be talking alone themselves but when I try asking them if they can share what they are talking about they will answer 'it's nothing' then smile at me. Aish. Anyway, as it came to the last ten seconds before Christmas, I began to count down myself.

"10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1... Merry Christmas!" I shouted then hugged my parents then Kevin oppa and Junyoung oppa after.

"Merry Christmas!" They greeted me back.

"Uhm... Can I open now my gifts?" I asked.

"Sure." My parents replied with a smile that I think I haven't seen for years. I then hurried to the Christmas Tree then looked for my gift. The gift I should be opening now is three to four gifts. I already saw Kevin oppa's gift then Junyoung oppa's gift and I kept on looking for my parent's gift but I can't find it so I asked my parents if they bought me any gifts.

"Uhm..." I faced them thinking how to begin my question.

"You're looking for your gift, right?" My mom said and I grinned then smiled.

"It's outside." My mom said and question marks were above my head. I then headed outside and in front of our door, there's a...car!

"Omma! Appa! Komawo!" I said then hugged both of them.

"I want a car too!" Kevin oppa whined then laughed but it was obviously a joke.

"Here's the key." My dad handed me the key and I took it with a big smile.

"Thanks dad!" I said.

"Can I drive it?" I asked as I looked at the shiny car in front of me.

"Sure, you can. But not this time. It's already dark and we will still celebrate Christmas Eve." My mom said and I just nodded.

"Alrightie. Let's eat already!" I cheered and they nodded. We then went in our house and had a fun family get together on Christmas Eve.

_ _ _ _ _

Yoseob's POV

Yey! It's Christmas Eve! Well, today, we are at my cousins house where we decided to have our Christmas Eve since it's only me, my mom and my dad at home to be celebrating Christmas Eve if we won't go here. We went here yesterday and I really had a good time since I really missed my cousin, Hyunmi.

"Oppa, here's my gift." She said as she handed me a box that is neatly tied with a silver ribbon. "Open it! Open it!" She cheered.

"Araso." I said with a smile and opened the gift she gave me. When I opened it, a frog came jumping in front of me that made me run and shout. I then heard my cousin laughing.

"What happened?" My mom asked as she approached me and Hyunmi with my dad and Hyunmi's parent's following behind her. I then looked at Hyunmi and she gave me a innocent look then smiled cutely.

"Ah... It's no--" Just then the frog came jumping in front of me and in front of my parents making my mom faint and my dad caught her from behind. My uncle who is Hyunmi's dad called one of their houseboy and told him to catch the frog and he did. He caught the frog and threw it out to the street.

"Hyunmi, here!" Uncle said with his mad voice and I saw how scared Hyunmi got as she walked slowly in front of her dad. I stood up from the floor and then approached my uncle and Hyunmi.

"Ah... Uncle... It's not her fault. I'm the one who bought the--"

"I know the truth, Yoseob. You don't need to cover your cousin for her naughtiness." Uncle said that made me look at Hyunmi who just looked down.

"Mian, uncle." I said then looked at Hyunmi and mouthed sorry then walked towards my mom who was laid at the long couch and my dad trying to wake her up. My mom sure is scared with frogs.

"Is omma alright?" I asked as I approached them.

"Neh. But she still isn't waking. But in just a few minutes, I know she'll wake up. She might just be shocked with the frog that came jumping in front of her." Auntie said and I nodded. Just then, my mom woke up and tried to sit up. My dad helped her to sit up and a maid gave her a glass of water.

"Are you alright, omma?" I asked.

"Neh. I'm fine. I just got surprised with the frog." My mom said and then smiled. I nodded with a smile.

"Where's Hyunmi?" My mom asked.

"Her dad is scolding her for her naughtiness." Auntie said and my mom face turned to a concerned one.

"Where are they?" My mom asked and I point at a corner where uncle is scolding Hyunmi. My mom then stood up then walked towards Hyunmi and uncle.

"Jim, is alright already." My mom said as she reached Hyunmi and uncle.

"But this girl needs to learn that not everything she thinks is fun is really fun." Uncle replied.

"I know Hyunmi already understood that, right Hyunmi?" My mom said then turned to Hyunmi who nodded.

"See, she nodded. So, let's just enjoy Christmas Eve, shall we?" My mom smiled and my uncle sighed in defeat. Actually, uncle is my mom's younger brother so I think that's one of the reasons why he just gave up before they have a fight. My mom then nodded with a smile and then approached Hyunmi and Hyunmi hugged her probably thankful and I just smiled.

We then opened the gifts left and then ate delicious food that our parents specially prepared for this Christmas Eve. Sure that food that are specially made by parents are delicious. As we ate, I still didn't forgot about Gi. 'How is her Christmas Eve going?' 'Is she still mad at me?' That questions kept on going through my mind. After that 'confession' as I think of what happened, we had been awkward to each other. I also don't have any chance to talk to her privately since one, when we are together as a group so it's means AJ's with us and I know I'll just make a big fight if I'll ask Gi to talk with me alone and second because it's hard for me to ask her after that 'confession' thingy. *sigh* I really wanted to tell Gi what's behind of my change of attitude in front of them or rather in front of her this past few days but I just found it hard telling her. How do you think will I tell her straight foreward after she first asked me if what I'll say is "I think I've fallen for you. I love you.". Maybe some can but I'm not included to that group of people.

"We are going to our sponsored orphanage tomorrow, do you guys want to come?" My mom said.

"Sure. We will come." My auntie replied.

"Are their many kids there?" Hyunmi asked.

"Of course dear." My mom replied and giggled.

"I easily get irritated with kids younger than me. I don't think I can get along with them." Hyunmi replied as she ate her food.

"You'll know to get along with them. Yoseob have a friend like that, right son?" My mom said then looked at me with a smile. All I could reply was a nod and a smile, and I know I blushed. I exactly know who that person is.

"Who's that oppa?" Hyunmi turned to me who is just beside me eating.

"Uh... Her... Uhm..." I don't know how to answer her question.

"Her? It's a girl?" My auntie said that made me blush more.

"Ah... Neh... She's my...best friend." I replied.

"Oh... Really?" Hyunmi started teasing me.

"She's just my best friend. Nothing more." I said.

"Why are you blushing?!" Hyunmi exclaimed as she pointed at my cheeks.

"Aniyo. I'm just like this during cold days." I replied putting my head low down to cover my cheeks that is pinkish because of blushing.

"Uhm... I want to meet her!" Hyunmi said that made me look at her then down to my lap again.

"Sure. Next time if she has time." I replied and she clapped like a child. If you'll ask why she's like, she's practically a little girl in the age of eight. I know you'll be wondering how a girl like her do such a thing but she's different from other girls of her age. She is the smart type but also a naughty and silly one.

"So we are set then. We'll be going there early in the morning." My mom said and we all nodded.

So after having some more fun, we slept in our rooms. I slept at a guest room and so as my parents, just in a different guest room. As I got changed to my pajamas, I sat on my bed and got a rectangular box beside me and opened it. This is actually my gift for Gi but I don't know how to give it to her since we are not that well to each other now. *sigh* I know I can give it to her. I just need to think of a way how to give it to her and also I think I should say sorry to her after. So as I was thinking of a way, I heard a knock on my door and I quickly put my gift to Gi in the drawer beside me.

"Come in." I said and the door opened and Hyunmi went in.

"Oppa, can I sleep with you tonight?" She said as she walked in holding her favorite pink teddy bear and a pillow.

"Sure. Come here." I said with a smile as I patted the side of my bed that is not occupied. She smiled then closed the door and ran towards me. She got on my bed then tucked herself in the blanket. I smiled as I saw her doing that.

"Oppa, sing for me." She said as she looked at me.

"What song?" I asked.

"Anything will do." She smiled and I nodded and started to sing and after I finished singing, Hyunmi spoke.

"Someday, Hyunmi will marry a guy who is as great as Yoseob oppa." She said with her eyes closed and I just smiled with what she said.

"You sure will do, Hyunmi-ah." I said as I neatly tucked her to the blanket again then closed the lamp and I also had a sleep thinking of my fun Christmas Eve but beside that, I'm also thinking about Gi. She's always have been what I thought of before I go to sleep after I've met her, before maybe is how I can make her happy but now I'm thinking of her because I just can't remove her from my thoughts for the reason that I love her.