Agreement: Smile or Laugh

Ended Up Loving You

Gi's POV

The last day of our field trip came and we were asked to wake up extra early so that we can arrive at our two last destination early so that we could enjoy more the second to the last destination for today since the last destination would be at evening. So I woke up earlier than usual. It was 5am in the morning and we had our breakfast at 6am. We ate for about an hour then left at 7am.

"Good morning Gi-ah!" Yoseob said to me. I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Gi-ah?" I said.

"I mean, Gi-ssi." He said and giggled. I just nodded. I haven't forgot yesterday's happening. I still feel bad.

"So, are you doing good?" I asked. I couldn't take my conscience after what I've cause him yesterday.

"Uhm... I did good! Uhm... Why are you asking?" He said as he turn to me with a surprise face. Is me asking how someone doing really unlikely?

"Nothing." I shook.

"Oh. I thought you care for me like a friend. Anyway, how about you? Are you doing good?" He said.

"Doing fine." I answered as I looked out the window.

"So, we are going to Hong Kong Disney Land!" He said happily. "Mind coming with me?" He asked that made me blush. I didn't blush because I like him, it's because no one have ever asked me to come with him... I mean, ever since I entered 4th grade to high school.

"Are you...joking?" I asked looking at him. He shook.

"Nope. I really wanted to spend time with you." He said with a smile.

"But you know-" He cut my sentence off.

"Yeah. I know you wouldn't come." He said.

"Good that you know." I answered.

"Alright. Then, I'll just see you around at the Hong Kong Disney Land." He said. I nodded.

Yoseob's POV

I asked her but she wouldn't come. So I need to think of way how to let her come with me. Uhm...

"Class, our head master said that we couldn't separate ways at the Disneyland so we will ride whatever someone rides. But to be fair, we will ride every ride there. One only can not come if he or she isn't allowed at the ride and or have a valid reason. Is it clear to everyone?" Yes! Now I know what to do!

"Neh...Araso." We answered with a tint disappointment in our voices but I'm not disappointed at all. In fact I'm very happy because now I know a way.

"What a tour..." I heard Gi mumble. I grinned then turned to her.

"Gi..." I poke her on the arm.

"What?" She asked as she looked at me irritated.

"Can I have an agreement with you?" I asked.

"Agreement? No way." She said.

"Please~ It's just easy. I assure you." I grinned with smile. She shook with her arms crossed.

"Please~ This one time only. Please~" I kept on asking her and poking her arm.

"Fine. Just stop bugging me." She said and move my hand away. "What is it?" She asked.

"It's just simple. If I see you laugh nor smile when we are at Disneyland then you'll make time to talk to me and if not, I'll stop bugging you. Is it ok with you?" I said.

"Sure. I accept it. I know you'll be the one loosing." She smirked.

"Then, let's shake hands as a sign that we both really agree to it." I said then put my hand in front of her for a hand shake. She just looked at it and didn't take it.

"Alright. Just don't shake my hand." I said then looked in front.

Soon, we arrived at our destination, the Hong Kong Disneyland. We all went down our bus as well as the other classes. Our teacher led as in the Disneyland. I don't know if the others also got amazed but I was amazed. I really haven't gone to Hong Kong but if I did, maybe that was when I was a baby or still young so I can't remember it anymore. I think it's better that way because at least this tour wouldn't be boring for me.

"So, we'll be riding..." Our teacher was reading a paper and many students from our class are shouting what they want to ride and that's also the happening from the other classes. "...roller coaster." Our teacher looked up to us. "Let's go!" Our teacher said like she's more excited than us.

I heard many mumbles saying they doesn't want to ride it while some are very excited to ride it. I turned to Gi hearing her mumble but I didn't hear exactly what she said. "What were you saying?" I asked. She shook. "Ok." I said. Soon we arrived in front of the roller coaster. It was so big. There are loops and lots of high slopes. I can hear screams from the people riding it as of this moment and it made me get more excited.

"So, who are not allowed to ride the roller coaster?" Some raised their hands and Gi as well did. Eh? Gi? They were asked to go near the teacher to say the reason why. I could see students coming back to the line, while some stayed beside our teacher. So I guess that the ones who came back to the line are the ones who weren't allowed while the ones who stayed beside our teacher were the ones allowed. When it's Gi's turn to say her reason, I can't help but to eavesdrop. "You have to overcome that. Don't worry. Many have the reason as yours but I didn't as well allowed them. So, go back to your line and we are about to ride it." I heard our teacher said and Gi just kept quiet with disappointment in her eyes. We soon got on the roller coaster and I sat beside Gi because our teacher said that it would be better if a girl would sit with a boy so if the girl got scared, at least there is a guy she can hold onto.

"I heard you are scared of roller coasters." I said.

"I know. That's why I don't like to ride this thing." She said.

"Don't worry. I'm sure you'll enjoy this ride." I said with a smile.

"Everything is fun for you." She said.

"Because I want everyone around me to see me happy. I want them to have courage through me." I said and smiled.

"Oh. Right." She said and looked in front and I can see her tense face. I giggled quietly as I looked in front.

Soon, the ride moved slowly until we are going up the first slope. I looked on my sides and saw Gi with her eyes closed and her head down. I giggled. I thought of a prank and giggled to myself. As we reached the top of the first slope and is about to fall, I called Gi.

"Gi! Look!" I shouted and she opened her eyes and we came going down the high slope and go to loops, came turning and turning. I laughed as I raised my hands up and shout. Gi was shouting nonstop not because she was enjoying the ride but because she was really scared of the ride. I laughed at her reactions and she suddenly held onto my arm that surprised me. She held on my arm tight and leaned her forehead on my shoulder.

I just laughed and continued to shout and raise my left hand since Gi is holding my right arm. Not soon after, the ride finished.

"Phew, that was fun." I said but Gi still has her hands on my arm and her eyes still closed.

"Uhm, Gi. That ride is finish." I said as I tap her on the shoulder and she looked up and I smiled and she quickly let go. I giggled.

"Ok. Let's head to the next ride." Our teacher said and we got out of the roller coaster carts we rode on and proceeded to our next ride.

We rode about four rides before we had our lunch at exactly 12:00 in a restaurant inside the Hong Kong Disneyland. As we were having meal, I was seating beside Gi and a girl at my other side and a boy next to her and at the side of Gi is a boy as well and followed by a girl. So it's like the boy-girl-boy-girl arrangement.

"Sorry. I didn't mean to hold onto you a while ago." She said almost like a whisper but enough for me to hear.

"It's alright. In fact I'm happy that you did." I smiled and she looked at me with an eyebrow raised.

"I'm happy because I felt that I had protected someone and I've been helpful." I said and smiled.

"Who told you that you've been helpful a while ago?" She said.

"Uhm... I just think so. Didn't I?" I asked.

"Whatever." She said and continued eating. I just shrugged and continued eating.

After lunch, we rode different rides and indeed it was all fun. I was still waiting for Gi to smile or laugh. I just need to see her smiling or laughing. But she never smiled since we came nor she laughed but she indeed got scared.

It's already 2 in the afternoon and she isn't still smiling nor laughing. I think I'll lose this game.

"I'm still not smiling nor laughing, what will you do?" She said then smirked.

"I know you'll smile or laugh." She smirked again before turning her back on me.

I really need to do something to make her smile or laugh. Uhm... Think Yoseob, think. Ok. Let's try making funny faces. I breathe in and looked for courage within me then called Gi.

"What?" She asked.

"Look." I said then started making faces. But she just looked at me with an eyebrow raised.

"What are you doing?" She asked.

"Aren't I funny?" I said still making faces. She shook.

"Not at all." She said. I sighed. Ok. Need to think again.

Ah! I hope this one will already make her smile or laugh.

"Gi-ssi, look at this, ok?"

"Ok." She said.

I went to a bench then stepped on top of it. I breathe in then out and ready to do what I wanted to do. I know this might destroy the reputation of our family's company but I know my parents would understand. I started doing funny dances.

Gi's POV

I said ok and Yoseob proceeded to a bench near by and stood on top of it. I wonder what he's up to. I looked at him with a confused face until he started dancing...funny. At first I still had a straight face on but without me noticing a smile made it to my lips and I started to laugh at what Yoseob is doing. My classmates as well were laughing at what Yoseob was doing and the people passing by already looks at him weirdly and some giggling. Even the other classes also laughs at what he was doing.

"Yang Yoseob! Go down there! Now!" Our teacher shouted and we stopped laughing but still giggling. Yoseob went down the bench and the teacher approached him.

"What do you think are you doing ha?" Our teacher scolded at Yoseob.

"Sorry." Yoseob apologized looking down.

"If this go around the net saying that the son of one of the richest owner of the big culinary schools and restaurants at Korea is dancing funny at a bench at Hong Kong Disneyland, who'll be liable for it?" Our teacher said tapping her left foot on the ground making sounds.

"I'll be liable if this will come out the net, ma'm." Yoseob said still head down.

"Alright. Go back to the line." Yoseob nodded and bowed before going back to the line, beside me.

"So, how was it? I won, right?" I can't believe that he is still thinking about it even if he was already scolded by the teacher.

"You are still thinking about that even if you are scolded and worst, this might be spreaded around the net, ha?" I said to him.

He shook. "It's ok. Don't worry. I'll be able to handle it if ever that happens. And at least I made many people happy, right?" He smiled.

I sighed. "Ok."

"So I won, right?" He said excitedly.

"Yeah. Fine. You won." I said accepting my defeat.

"Yehey! I won!" Yoseob cheered like a child.

"Quiet down if you don't like to be scolded again." I said. He stopped but cheered quietly. I smiled at his happiness. Is this means that I'm really loosing the game?

After the tour around the Hong Kong Disneyland, we were informed that we will be going back to the hotel to rest for a while and get ready for the last tour. Our teacher told us that we will eat very early like five in the afternoon then go to our next destination at six in the evening. We then went back to our respective class buses. All were so tired that almost the whole class, even our teacher, slept on our way back to the hotel to take a rest. Indeed, the tour a while ago was tiring but still fun for us all though Yoseob won not me.