Simpliest Yet One of The Best Gift

Ended Up Loving You

Gi's POV

"Oppa..." I called my brother as he was heading to his room after my very fun birthday.

"Uhm?" He said as he looked around. I approached him and hugged him.

"Komawo." I said as I hugged him. I think he was startled with the hug.

"Oh..." He said then hugged me as well. "It's nothing. Anything for my dongsaeng." He said as he hugged and patted me at the back gently. I moved from the hug then smiled.

"Alright. Go to sleep already." He said as he patted my shoulder. I nodded. Then I heard him say something but not clearly because it was almost like a whisper.

"Bwoh?" I asked.

"Nothing. Go to sleep you still have to wake up early." He said with a smile.

"Ok. Good night oppa." I said.

"Good night." He said then we both went in our rooms. I still wonder what he said a while ago that I didn't hear clearly because he said it in such a low voice. Anyway, still need to wash up before going to bed.

_ _ _ _ _

Yoseob's POV

Yes! It's two already! I smiled to myself and then grabbed my coat then headed out my room to my car. When I got down the stairs, I met with my mom.

"Ah. Omma. Still up?" I said as I saw her.

"Ah. Neh. I just got a glass of water. Where are you going?" She asked.

"Oh. I'll just show my gift to Gi." I smiled.

"Why not a while ago?" She asked.

"Ah. It's a secret." I smiled.

"Aigoo. You're already keeping secrets from your mom ha. Gi is a precious girl to you, right?" My mom said as she ruffled my hair.

"Aniyo. She's just a close friend of mine, that's why." I said.

"Stop lying. I can see it you young man. Alright. Go present your gift to Gi already and go home right away, ok? Take care while driving." She said. I nodded.

"Neh omma. I'll be right back." I said then left.

_ _ _ _ _

Gi's POV

I was awaken when my cell phone rang. I looked at my wall clock and found that it's quarter to two. "Who will call at this time..." I mumbled as I got my phone and answered the super early call that I didn't care to look who he or she is.

"Yoboseyo?" I answered sleepily.

"Gi! It's me Yoseob." Oh. Right. Yoseob.

"Yeah. Why so early?" I asked yawning.

"I'll be there in five minutes. Go down at your gate, ok? I'll be waiting." He said then ended the call. He didn't even wait for my reply.

"What now?" I thought as I kick my blanket out my body and got up from my bed. I got my jacket and walked out my room. When I closed my door, I saw my brother walking up the stairs.

"Oh... Oppa..." I said as I saw him.

"Yoseob already called you?" I was surprised when he said that. Was that what he said a while ago?

"You know?" I said.

"Oh... Ah. Did I just say something? Ahaha. I'm just sleepy." He said then laughed.

"Oppa!" I said.

"What? Keep quiet. They are already sleeping." Kevin oppa said then laughed.

"Yah! Stop scaring me!" I said and pouted.

"I'm just kidding." He said while stopping himself from laughing.

"Right. Why are you still up anyway?" I asked.

"Still have some things to do. Loads of papers to finish." He said.

"Oh..." I said.

"Alright. Go to where you are going and be right back, ok? Take care." He said then walked towards his room.

"Ok. Don't stress youself too much, oppa." I said then went to down the stairs out the house hurrying because what Kevin oppa said still lingers in my mind. I'm really a coward, alright.

Yoseob's POV

I reached Gi's house like what I said on the phone. I waited out of my car and I saw her walking out their house walking towards their gate.

"Hey." I said as she opened their gates.

"Hey. Why so early?" She said with a sleepy tone.

"Ah. Come. I'll give your gift." I said as I got her arm.

"Yah. Wait. What do you mean?" She said as she pulled back.

"You didn't open your gifts yet, am I right?" I asked.

"Not all." She answered.

"Well, I still haven't given you my gift." I said and grabbed her arm again.

"It's ok." She said.

"Just come." I said and dragged her already.

"Where are we going?" She said as she already got in my car.

"I'll present you my gift." I smiled as I started my car engine.

"Present? It's a show?" She asked.

"Not exactly. You'll know when we arrive." I said excitedly as I drive.

"Alright. Wake me up when we arrive there." She said and I just nodded.

Not long after, we arrived at the destination and I set everything up first before waking her up. When I'm sure everything is already in place, I turned to my car to wake Gi up but I saw her already out the car.

"We've just gone here hours ago." She said as she approached me.

"Ah. Neh. But my gift is here." I smiled.

"Uhm... Telescope?" She said as she touched the telescope I set up.

"Neh." I smiled.

"What is it for?" She said as she looked through it.

"Yah! Yoseob! Look! I can see...uhm...planets!" She said. I nodded with a smile.

"Come, look!" She said.

"It's fine. My gift won't be that worth of time if I'll interrupt while you watch it." I said.

"Bwoh?" She said as she turned to me. "This is your gift?" She said.

"Wae? Don't like it?" I said with a pout. I was just startled when she hugged me.

"Komawo!" She said. "It's the simpliest yet best gift second to my parents gifts!" She said.

"Why need to be second?" I joked while giggling. She looked up to me. "I'm just kidding. Of course, family would always be first. It's fine for my gift to be second." I smiled.

She smiled. "How did you know that some planet can be seen at this time?" She asked.

"Uhm... I asked them to go out this time." I said then laughed.

"Yah!" She said.

"Just kidding. Hyung told me." I answered honestly.

"Kevin oppa?" She asked. I nodded.

Flashback

"I still can't think of a gift to give to Gi. I don't want a material gift because I know many would give it to her. I just want something that no one would ever think of giving her." I said as we ate at the restaurant.

"Uhm... I heard that some of the planets can be seen two in the morning the day after tomorrow and Gi loves looking at things like that. But Gi's birthday is over by that time so--" Kevin hyung said.

"That would be perfect! Thanks for the help, hyung! It's just two hours after her birthday. I think it'll be ok." I smiled.

"Ok. If that's what you want. It can be seen from the Han River." He said.

"Ah. Thanks!" I said.

End of Flashback

"You just asked the expert." Gi said then giggled. "Kevin must be the second after my parents who knows me best." She smiled. I nodded.

"You two are really close. I can see it." I said.

"Yeah. We bicker but be ok after some hours." She said then laughed.

"Uhm." I nodded.

"Hey. Look as well." She said.

"Aniyo. Just enjoy it. It's not often that planets show up." I said.

"It's fine. I'll enjoy more if someone else will also enjoy the gift I received because I know I really received a great gift since it's only not me who liked it." She smiled.

"But the gift came from me." I said. Then she pouted.

"Alright. If you insist." I said then looked through the telescope as well. The scenery was indeed a fantastic thing to look at.

After half an hour of looking at the sky, we decided to get something to drink. Luckily I brought something with me.

"Here." I said as I gave her a can of soda. I then sat beside her. There was silence for a while when she spoke.

"Hey." She said.

"Uhm?" I asked.

"Sing a song for me." She said.

"Sing? I thought my voice was horrible." I said. Yeah. I still haven't forgotten that time.

"I was just joking that time. I think that joke was really a bad joke. I regretted saying that to you, really." She said.

"Eh?" I asked surprised with what she was saying.

"When we are at the hotel, the second to the last day of our field trip, I heard Hyunseung and the rest talking about you. They said that you didn't came back already after you went to get your phone. And when I heard about the Music Room and song I figured already why." She said.

"Oh..." I said as I looked down my feet.

Gi's POV

I just feel telling it to him. It's been quite a long time since that incident at the hotel but I still want him to know. I worry after he really didn't sing that much already.

"Oh..." He said as he look down to his feet.

"I bet. You didn't tell them the truth, am I right?" I said and he nodded then I heard a little laugh from him.

"Yup. Don't worry about it." He said.

"You should've told them the truth than you lying." I said. "I regret it now more." I said as I looked down as well.

"Aniyo. You shouldn't. It's my decision not to tell them. It's not your fault." He said.

"But if I shouldn't have told you that, you don't have to be acting like that and ended up lying to them." I said.

"Yah! Stop being emotional. Everything's alright. No need to worry already and no need to regret anything." He said.

"I still regret saying it to you. I'm such a pabo." I said.

"Aniyo. It's ok. I'll be mad if you keep on saying that." He said.

I just kept quiet. I then heard him singing.

Please listen to this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLAzy1d0QWI

Baby Baby - 4Men

(Watch the video so that if you can't understand korean still, like me, hehe, I just know a little, you will know the meaning of the song since it has english translation. It's really a good song.)

This is the link to Yoseob singing Baby Baby in a radio program: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXnQuhC3YBc (It's not the whole song, but if you want to listen to it...then listen to it. Hehe. His voice is so good!)

*iyureul mollasseo wae naega byeonhaenneunji
hancham saenggakhaesseo na mannan ihuro
na byeonhan geot gata aju manhi mariya
i norae deullini oh
niga neomu gomapjanha oh baby
niga neomu yeppeujanha oh
nuneul ttel suga eobseo nae nunen neoman boyeo
neoman gyesok baro bogo sipjanha nan oh jeongmal oh baby
haruga jinago (haruga jinago)
tto dasimannago geureoda heeojigo
tto dasi mannage doego neomu joheungeoya
manyang utgiman hae ireon naega boini? woo baby
niga neomu gomapjanha oh baby
niga neomu yeppeujanha woo
nuneul ttelsuga eobseo nae nunen neoman boyeo
neoman gyesok barabogo sipjanha nan oh jeongmal
nae haru haruga neomu haengbokhaeseo oh baby
ireonnari kkeutnajil ankil modeunge da byeonhaji ankil
niga neomu gomapjanha oh baby
niga neomu yeppeujanha oh oh oh ye
nuneul ttel suga eobseo nae nunen neoman boyeo
neoman gyesok barabogo sipjanha nan oh jeongmal
Oh baby oh oh oh*

 

When he started singing, the time when I first heard him sing replayed on my mind. His singing voice was just the same like before. It was still angelic and so soothing. If ever I need to leave Korea, this voice I think is the voice I will miss the most, the voice I would look for day by day. Wait. Why am I thinking this way? Arg. I shouldn't be thinking like this towards him. I just shouldn't.

"Gi...Gi... Are you still there?" I heard Yoseob said.

"Ah... Neh... Nice song. That's 4Men's Baby Baby right?" He nodded.

"Was it good?" He asked.

"It was awsome." I said.

"Komawo." He said.

"I notice that you were thinking deep while I sang. What were you thinking? Is there anything troubling you? You can share it to me." He said with smile.

"Ah. Ani. I'm just thinking about some things." I said.

"Oh..." He said.

"*yawn*I think we better get going. We still have school tomorrow and we only have an hour to sleep again." I said as I stood up. He nodded and stood up as well.

We fixed the telescope and brought it in the car then we drove home. Not long after, we arrived at my house.

"Thanks for today. The gift from you is really great!" I said as I got down his car.

"It's nothing." He smiled.

I nodded. "So I'll go in already. Drive home safely. I'll see you after two hours maybe." I laughed.

"Neh. I'll go already. See you later." He said then got in his car. He waved through the window and I waved back as well. I waited until he already had left and then went in.

So after one hour, I was awaken by my alarm and got ready for school and in two hours, I again met my friends again and the day went on like any other days.