Birthday

The Boy Who Is Prettier Than Me

 

 

---

“What if I kiss you?” Ren whispered. You froze.

Ren slowly lean closer to you. You stayed still. In just an inch away from each other, your eyelids suddenly dropped as you titled your head getting ready for his lips to touch yours.

Instead of kissing you, Ren lean closer to your ear and whispered. “Sorry girl but I won’t give you another kiss.” he smirked at you then left.

Your eyes popped open only to see Ren leaving. Your legs started to get weak as you bit your lip. *He tricked me..* was all on your mind.

---

“I’m home.” you said tiredly as you arrived on your house. “Uh.. Minyoung-ah, you’re finally here. Go and change your clothes. Wear the dress we bought last time.” your mom said.

You stopped halfway and turned to your mom, “Eh? Dress? Why would I wear that?” you asked in confusion.

“Mrs. Choi called just now and she’s inviting us.” she replied. You frowned, “Inviting us? For what?” you asked once again in confusion. “Don’t you know today is Ren’s birthday?” your mom asked, raising an eyebrow.

Your eyes widen, “Today is Ren’s birthday?” you gasped. Your mom nodded, “Yes so go and change now. They are waiting for us. I’ll go change too.” she was about to go to her room but you suddenly spoke, “I don’t want to go.” you blurted as you remembered what happen to you and Ren earlier at the director’s office.

Your mom stopped on it and turned to you, “Mwo?” You lowered your head and started playing with your fingers, “I’m not going there.” you said and was about to leave your mom but she run to you that made you stopped.

“Omma, I already said I’m not going. Please let me rest to my room now.” you passed by her but she won’t give up so easily.

Your mom grabbed yoir hand and dragged you to your room. She search for the dress she bought to you last time and throw it to you. She then pushed you to your bathroom, “Wear that, araseo. We’ll going to Ren’s birthday party whether you like it or not! Palli!” with that, she closed the door and started giggling.

You pouted inside the bathroom, “Aish!” you hissed to yourself. Without a choice, you changed your school uniform to the dress that your mom gave to you.

Minutes later, you went out pouting. “Aigoo! You look so pretty in your dress. But what with that face? Smile, will you?” your mom hissed.

You pouted even more. Your mom walks to you and dragged you in front of the mirror and make you sat on the chair in front. “Look at yourself. You’re so pretty but you will be more beautiful if you smile and I put some make-up to you.” you mom said as she reach the make-up.

“Omma, I’m already tired. Please let me stay here.” you said. Your mom ignored you ans started to put some make-up to your face. You let out a sigh, gave up.

After the make-up session, your mom make herself busy on your hair. “Woah! You look georgious Minyoung-ah! I guess you’re ready for the party now. Wait here, I’ll changed my clothes.” with that she left.

After your mom disappeared from your sight, you faced the mirror and stared to yourself. You admitted, what your mom said is true. You look georgious today but it doesn’t matter since you do not know how to face Ren after what happen at school.

*Eottokhae?* you asked yourself.

Just then, your mom came back. “I’m ready! Come on, let’s go now Minyoung-ah.” she beamed.

You look at her through the mirror then lowered your head, “Omma, I don’t really want to go.” you muttered.

Your mom walks to you, “Sorry honey but you’ll go with me whether you like it or now. So stand up now and we’ll leave.”

You stayed still, lowering your head. Your mom grabbed your hand and dragged you out of the house. You shrugged many times but failed. Without any other choice, you granted her will and go with her to Choi’s mansion.