Place to Stay

The Boy Who Is Prettier Than Me

 

 

---

“Omo! What happen to her?” Ren’s mom rushed to the two of you as both you and Ren reach his house.

Ren ignored her mom’s words instead he said, “Omma, help me make her sat on the couch.” “Uh-oh..” Mrs. Choi nodded as sge and Ren carefully sat you on the couch.

As your already touch the couch, your tears started to fall again. ‘What happen to her?’ Mrs. Choi mouthed at Ren. He didn’t respond but look down at you, worried.

Mrs. Choi turned to you, “Minyoung-ah.. What happen? Gwenchana?” she asked. You look up at her as another tear slipped down to your cheek.

Instead of giving her a reply, you immediately hugged her and burst into tears along with your sobs. Mrs. Choi softened as she gently patted your back. Ren sat next to you and worriedly watched you.

Minutes later, you grew tired on crying. You broke the hug and flatted your back on the back of the couch. “Tell me, what happen?” Mrs. Choi asked you. “My parents.” you said. Mrs. Choi made a pause on it.

Just then, you continued. “They don’t love. I’m not important to them at all.” another tear slipped down to your cheek.

Mrs. Choi wiped it, “Don’t cry. I can be your mom for a while if you want.” she said and smiled. You give her a small smile, “I’m happy that there’s still a person who willing to be my mom but even if I accept it, my mom is still my mom.” you said.

Silence filled the atmosphere.

“I don’t have any place to stay. Mrs. Choi, can I stay here for a while?” you asked that broke the silence. “Of course, you can. And just call me omma okay.” she replied. You just nodded, “Gomawo.”

Another silence filled the atmosphere.

“Um.. Did you already eat?” Mrs. Choi suddenly changed the topic. You shook your head, “I was about to but my parents ruin it.” you replied.

“What do you want to eat then?” she asked. “I just feel like want to eat dukbokki.” you said.

Mrs. Choi brightened, “Okay then! I’ll be preparing a special dukbokki for you.” she beamed as she stood up and went to kitchen.

A smile formed on your lips because of the hyper aura of Mrs. Choi. “How I wish I have a mom like her..” you whispered.

Ren look down at you. He took your hand that made you turned to him. “Don’t be sad. Just forget about what happen earlier and enjoy yourself here at our house.” he said.

You softened as a sudden smile formed on your face. “Perfect! You looks better when you smiled.” he mutteted as he smiled back at you.

You two just stared to each other for a long period of time. Just then, Mrs. Choi came, “Special dukbokki is ready~” she sang.

You and Ren broke the staring scene as he look away and you look down that made you noticed that Ren was still holding your hand.

You immediately removed it and look to Mrs. Choi direction. “I’m going to eat now!” you beamed as you stood up, forgetting that your ankle was still unconcious. You lost your balance but to your luck, Ren caught you in time. “Be careful. Your ankle still sprained.” he said. “Uh.. I forgot.” you mumbled.

Without asking your permission, Ren carry you bridal style. “What are you doing?” you asked him. “You can’t walk so I’m helping you.” he simply said as he took you to the dining area.

---

“How does it taste?” Mrs. Choi asked you as you started to swallowed the dukbokki.

Mrs. Choi was waiting for your answer and so was Ren. Your expression didn’t change on being serious.

Suddenly, they saw you smiled. “It taste good! The best dukbokki I’ve ever eat!” you complimented. Mrs. Choi sighed in relief, “I thought, you won’t like it.” she whispered.

“Of course not! It’s taste good. No, it’s perfect to be exact!” you said. Mrs. Choi smiled even wide, “That’s also Ren’s favorite food. My special dukbokki. Right son?” she winked at Ren.

“Uh-oh.. Ne.” he showed you a small smile. “Uh.. I’ll continue to eat now.” you said as you continued your food to avoide his eyes and so did Ren.

Mrs. Choi couldn’t help but giggled, “You two looks good together!” she beamed that made both you and Ren choked. Mrs. Choi chuckled, “Oops!”

---

“Ren, take her to your room now.” Mrs. Choi said after all of you finished the food.

Both you and Ren turned to Mrs. Choi and gasped at the same time, “My room?!” “His room?!”

“Oops! I made a mistake there. I mean.. Take her to the guess room.” Mrs. Choi excused. “Uh-oh..” Ren nodded.

Ren was about to carry you but you stopped him. “I can walk.” you said. He just nodded and let you walk but failed coz your ankle still not in a good condition. Ren grabbed your waist and carry you bridal style like what he did earlier. “I knew you can’t walk. Just let me help you.” was all he said as he started walking to the way to the guess room.

Your heartbeat started to beat faster than the normal beat. *Omo! What’s happening to me?*