Late

The Boy Who Is Prettier Than Me

 

 

---

You woke up next morning as the sunlight hits you. Your eyes were fluttered open as you sat up and stretched your arms upward.

Just then, your eyes caught your alarm clock. Your eyes widen, “Omo! I’m already late!” you screamed and immediately went to your bathroom.

---

“Uh.. Minyoung-ah, come here. Eat your breakfast.” your mom said as you went downstairs.

“Mian omma but I have to go now. I’m already late.” with that said, you darted from the house. Your mom wants to stop you but you were already gone.

---

Ren on other hand, woke up late like you. He rushed to his bathroom and take a quick bath.

Unlike your mom, Ren’s mom didn’t stop him on leaving coz she already know that her son was already late.

---

You starts your car and drive a little bit fast. As you arrived in front of the school, your face fell. The gate was already closed.

You decided to go out from your car. As you stepped your foot outside the car, you saw a familiar car coming. You frowned.

Just then, the owner of the car came out. You froze. That person is no other than Ren, the boy who stole your first kiss, the boy who has that soft lips that touch yours.

You felt your heart skipped as Ren started to walk towards you. *Omo! What are he trying to do now? Please stop.. Don’t go near me..* you hoped.

Luckily, he didn’t really went to you. You saw him went to the gate to take a peek. You heard him sighed. You just stared at him.

Ren turned around and accidentally met your eyes. You gulped, *Caught!*

Awkward silence filled the atmosphere. Then, Ren cleared his throat that broke the silence. “You’re late too?” he asked.

You cleared your throat also and nodded, “Ne.” you replied.

SILENCE AGAIN !

“Um.. Do you have an idea on how we could go in?” this time, you’re the one who broke the silence. He paused for a while then brightened, “Why don’t.. we climb on the gate?” he suggested.

“Mwo?! Me? Will climb there? are you kidding?!” you gasped in surprise. “It’s only a suggestion. But I’m not forcing you.” he said as he turned around.

“Where are you going?” you asked. “I don’t to skip class so I’m going to climb alone since you don’t want to.” he simply replied as he started to climb up. You run to him, “Wait! Don’t leave me here. I don’t want to skip school too.” you said.

He stopped and look down at you, “So.. You’re going to climb too?” he asked. You bit your lower lip and lowered your head.

“I guess you don’t. I’m going now.” he was about to climb again when you suddenly spoke, “Okay, I’ll climb.” you forcely said.

Ren stopped again and immediately went back down to you. He bent down, offering his back for you. “Come on, use my back for you to climb easily.” he said under his breath.

You stared at his back and just stand there. Ren turned to you, “Palli! Or the guard will caught us!” he reminded.

You quickly noddedand climb to his back for the support. As your feet were already flat on the gate’s steel, you heard a voice shouted. “Yah! What are you two doing there!”

Your eyes widen when you saw the guard inside the school running towards the gate. Ren’s eyes also wide open.

Ren straightened up and look up at you in panic. “Jump!” you heard him said. “Eh?!” you gasped as you looked down at him. His arms were positioned to caught you.

“Palli! Jump!” he said in a hurry. You bit your lower lip and closed your eyes before you could jump.

Luckily, Ren fully caught you. You slowly open your eyes. You gulped when you noticed his face was just a centimeter near from yours.

You stared at his eyes as he stared back. Your gaze suddenly went down to his red lips, the lips that already touch yours.

Suddenly, “Yah! You two!” you heard the guard’s voice again. You and Ren straightened up and looked at the guard. The guard was currently opening the gate. You and Ren look at each other. Without thinking, Ren quickly grabbed your hand and started to run.

“Yah! Students! Stop!” you heard the guard shouted but all you did was running with Ren.

---

“We almost caught!” Ren whispered under his breath as both of you stopped at the back of the school.

All you just did was panting. Just then, a thing caught your eyes. “Wait! Is that a gate?” you asked. Ren followed your gaze and nodded. “Woah! I don’t even know that our school has a gate on the back.” he said.

He stood up. You looked up at him, confused. He turned to you, “Let’s go inside.” he said. “Mwo?!” you gasped.

“Come on, the class was still going. We can still catch it up!” he snapped. You nodded and stood up. Ren started to walk as you followed behind. The gate wasn’t locked so you and Ren freely entered the school.

As both of you was already in, you saw a familiar figure. You gulped, “Ren..” you whispered as your eyes widen. Ren followed your gaze and saw the guard earlier. “I’m right! You two will used the back gate.” the guard said as he walks towards the two of you.

“Omo! We’re caught now.” before the guard could walk near to the two of you, Ren grabbed your hand once again and started to run to the direction of the classroom.

Ren immediately open the classroom’s door that made your classmates startled even your teacher.

Your teacher crossed his arms and eyed the two of you, “Why are you two late today?” then she noticed the both of your and Ren’s hand holding each other. “Early date hmm?” she said eyeing your hands and Ren’s.

Your classmate starting whispering. You look at your friends, they’re also staring at your and Ren’s holding hands. You could see a puzzled look on their faces.

You quickly removed your hand from Ren, “No. We’re not dating!” you snapped.

Your teacher raised an eyebrow, “Since you two are late, I’ll give you two a detention. Meet me after class. Take your seats now.” she ordered.

*Aish!* you hissed to yourself as you headed to you seat. Ren take another glance at you before he could headed to his seat.