Family Bonding

The Boy Who Is Prettier Than Me

 

 

---

As the car of your parents droved off, you started to be uncomfortable around them. That was the first time you saw the cried since they always far from you because of their business.

Just then, you realized that the way of the car is not the way to your house. “It’s not the right way to our house.” you said as you turned to your parents.

You saw your mom smiled. “We know.” she replied. “Where are we going then?” you asked.

“Mall.” she simply replied. You titled your head and turned to your dad only to received a bright smiled from him.

Suddenly, the car stopped in front of the mall. You and your parents went out from the car. You were still confused on what is going on right now.

Your mom took your hand that made you jump in surprised. That was the first time she hold your hand ever since you started to attend school.

You turned to your mom with a confuse look. Your mom smiled, “Let’s go shopping.” she beamed.

“Eh?!” you gasped. “Don’t you want to go shopping with your parent but want with Mrs. Choi hmm?” your mom snapped.

You quickly shook your head, “Ani. Of course, I want to.” you immediately replied. “But.. This is the first were going to shopping all together so I’m confused..” you whispered as you lowered your head.

Your mom cupped your chin and make you faced her, “I know, we know. We just want to spend our free time with you. We know that we’re not a good parents to you before so now, let us to be a better parents to you. We’re going to have a family bonding today, right honey?” your mom asked your dad.

You turned to your dad to have an answer from him. He smiled and nodded, “We will be a better parents this time, I’ll promise.” your dad replied.

You softened as a tear suddenly slipped down to your cheek.

“Minyoung-ah, why are you crying? Something wrong? Do you feel hurt?” your mom asked in worried tone.

You shook your head, “I was just happy.” with that, you hugged your mom, “Gomawo omma..” you look to your dad, “Gomawo appa.”

You dad smiled as your mom lightly patted your back. “No need to thank us. It’s not a favor but our duty being your parents.” your mon broke the hug and faced you, “Come on, all the dresses, shoes and accessories are waiting for us!” your mom beamed and smiled. You smiled and nodded.

With that, you and your parents entered the mall.

---

“Oh! Miss, you’re here again.” the sales lady from the kast time recognized you. You just smiled and nodded.

The sales lady searched around you, “You didn’t bring your mom with you?” the sales lady asked about Mrs. Choi. You were about to speak but your mom snapped you, “I’m her mom.”

“Uh-oh.. But I thought your mom is tge one with you kast time.” the sales lady whispered. “I already told you last time that she’s not my mom.” you turned to your mom, “She’s my mom and my dad is there.” you nodded to your dad’s direction, not that far from you. You smiled to your mom as your mom smiled back, softened.

The sales lady nodded in understanding. “Mian. Umm.. If you two are looking for dresses. We have lots of dresses here.” she changed the topic.

You and your mom look at each other and smiled.

---

“Woah! Look Minyoung-ah, isn’t it cute?” you heard your mom said as she pointed to a pink dress. You nodded in agreement.

“Try this! Palli!” your mom excitedly said. You giggled and do what she said.

Minutes later, you went out from the fitting room wearing the cute pink dress. “Woah! You look so cute with that dress! It’s fitted to you perfectly!” your mom commented.

You smiled, “Thanks omma.” She smiled back, “Miss, I’ll pay for this dress.” she said to sales lady.

“Okay ma’am. Please change now so you can pay it to the counter.” the sales lady said. “She’s going to wear it. I’ll just pay.” your mom snapped.

You didn’t protest and let her do what she want. For some reason, you could see Mrs. Choi on your mom. They’re totally the same.

You and your mom picked many dress, clothes, etc. and your mom paid it all. She does really want to be a better mom to you.

After that, you two went to the shoes section and of course, your mom bought you 5 pairs.

---

“Let’s go back to your appa.” your mom said. You nodded.

As you went back to your waiting dad, you saw him smiled. You couldn’t help but smiled back.

“Done shopping?” he asked. You nodded. “Come on, let’s eat then.” he said. You and your mom nodded in agreement.

You and your parents entered one of the restaurant in the mall. You search for a table and ordered for the food.

Minutes later, the food served. Your parents started to eat and so did you. BUT you were having a hard time to cut your steak.

Suddenly, you heard your dad said, “Let me cut it for you.” You look up at him in surprised but let him cut it for you.

You watch your dad cutting your steak for you then to your mom as she smiled at you. “Here you go..” your dad give back your plate.

You took it, “Gomawo appa.” you said. He replied you a smile.

With that, all of you continued eating.

You take a glance to your parents who were busy eating their foods. *I think they are already a better parents to me now..*