We’re friends

The Boy Who Is Prettier Than Me

 

 

---

“He already passed away.” you heard Ren replied that made you looked at him. He lowered his head as he continue to walk.

You suddenly grabbed his arm, “Ren..” you whispered. “Let’s ride my car. Come on, before we get late.” he snapped and  as he open the car door for you.

You glance at him once more before you hopped inside the car. Ren followed.

You was about to put on your seatbelt when Ren suddenly reach it first and help you put it on to you. You were surprised by his sudden action until you realized how close his face from you that made you blushed.

With that, Ren put on his seatbelt also. “Gomawo.” you whispered. He replied you a nod.

“Mianhe..” you whispred as Ren started the car. “For what?” he asked, still focusing on the way to school.

“I didn’t mean to mention about your dad..” you trailed off. Ren paused, “No need to be sorry. You don’t know about it so you’re excuse.” he said.

You nodded in understanding.

SILENCE!

“Um.. If you don’t mind, may I ask what’s the cause of your dad’s death?” you slowly asked as you stared at him. He remained silent.

You then turned to face the window, “You don’t need to tell me right now. I’ll just wait for you to be ready to open up with me about this” you said.

“Mian. I can’t tell you right now but I’ll promise to open up with you when I’m ready.” he said.

You turned to him and smiled, “Then I’ll wait for that.” you beamed.

---

As the car stopped at school, Ren went out as he open the car door for you.

Both you and Ren walk together but no holding hands. All the students stared at the two of you.

“Omo! What’s happening?” “Since when did they close to each other?” “But look! They look good together! Both pretty!” “Are they together?” you heard them whispering.

You bit your lower lip and looked up at Ren. “Ren..” you whispered. “Hmm?” he replied.

“Umm.. About our relationship. Please keep it a secret for now.” you whispered. Ren suddenly stopped, “Eh?”

“Umm.. I’m still not use to it so please wait for me to be ready first. Let’s act like friends.” you explained. Ren looked away, disappointed.

“Please..” you whispered once more. Ren let out a sigh, “Araseo.” You smiled, “Gomawo..”

With that, both you and Ren headed to your class.

---

“Oh! Why you two arrived together?” JR asked as both you ans Ren entered the classroom together.

“Uh-oh..”

“Yeah! I heard both you two went here using Ren’s car.” Minhyun added. “Wait! Is there something happening here that we didn’t know?” Aron asked as he eyed you and Ren.

You quickly shook your head, “Ani! It’s nothing!” you snapped. “Then, how come you two went here using only Ren’s car?” Baekho asked.

“Beacuse my car isn’t in condition today and luckily Ren saw me near the school then he offer me a ride so I accept it.” you quickly snapped.

“You accept it? I thought you don’t like him?” Minhyun asked in confusion. “Uh-oh.. Because we’re friends now, right Ren?” you turned to Ren as you elbowed him. “Uh-oh yeah! We’re friends now.” Ren agreed.

“Since when did you two become friends?” JR raised an eyebrow. “Just yesterday. Because you know, we’re partners and we already get along because of our practice.” Ren explained.

They were about to asked some more when your teacher came that saved you and Ren. With that, all of you headed to your respective seats.