Boyfriend

The Boy Who Is Prettier Than Me

 

 

---

You woke up next morning when you felt someone shook you. You slowly open your eyes with still blurry vision. Just then, you recognized that it was your mom.

“Ohh.. Omma..” you mumbled. “Get up now. You still have school remember?” your mom reminded.

Your eyes widen as you suddenly sat up. “Omo! I almost forgot.” you gasped. You get off from your bed and rush to the bathroom and closed it.

“Minyoung, just go down after you take a bath araseo?” you heard your mom said behind the bathroom door.

“Ne, omma..” you replied as you heard her foot step getting away from you.

---

After taking a bath, you did what your mom said. You went downstairs to join your mom for breakfast.

To your surprised, your dad was also there. “Oh.. appa. You’re here too.” you muttered.

You saw your dad raised an eyebrow to you, “Wae? Can’t I? I live here too, aren’t I?” he said. “Oh.. Yeah. I was just surprised that you’re here today.” you explained.

“I have no work today so I’m free.” your dad replied. “Oh..” you nodded as you take a seat.

“Not even say good morning?” your dad snapped with a serious face. “Uh-oh.. Good morning appa, omma.” you greeted.

Your dad chuckled. You stared at him. “Go eat your breakfast or you will get late.” he snapped as he nodded to your food. “Oh..” you nodded as you started eating and so did your mom and dad.

“By the way, since I’m free today. Why don’t we hang out family?” your dad blurted. You brightened by his idea and was about to give him a response but your mom cut you off.

“I don’t think she can still go with us.” she said. Both you and your dad turned to her. “Why?” your dad asked.

“Maybe she have a date today with her boyfriend.” your mom blurted. Your eyes widen in horror and gasped.

Your dad turned to you, “You have a boyfriend Minyoung?” he asked. You turned to him and bit your bottom lip, not knowing what to reply.

“Yes, she have. Remember the pretty boy in their school, he’s the one.” your mom snapped. You turned to your mom and eyed her, trying to stop her.

“Is it true Minyoung?” your dad want to hear a answer from you. You bit your bottom lip, *Omo! Someone help me!* you screamed in your head.

Suddenly, one of the maids interrupt the conversation. “Agashi, you have a visitor.” she stated. *Thank God!* you sighed in relief.

“Who is it?” you asked. “The pretty boy yesterday.” the maid replied. “You mean Ren?” you asked to confirm. The made nodded.

You could see at the corner of your eye that your dad is seriously staring at you. You slowly turned to him, “I’ll go approach him.” you said as you stood up.

“I’ll go too.” your dad snapped and stood up. “Nado!” your mom beamed.

*Omo! Please don’t let appa hurt Ren.* you hoped as you 3 went to the living room and saw Ren seeing there. Ren stood up and bowed, “Good morning Mr. and Mrs. Park.” he greeted.

“Take your seat.” your dad daid seriously as he took a seat in front of him. You sat next to your dad as your mom on the other side.

“Are you my daughter’s boyfriend?” you dad asked, still serious. You started to get nervous and you could see that Ren too.

Ren glance at you, giving you a hint. You slowly nodded. “Um.. Yes sir. I’m Minyoung’s boyfriend.” Ren replied politely.

You take a glance at your dad. Just then, you saw him smiled that made you surprised.

“I’m glad that my daughter got a boyfriend now even you’re prettier than her.” your dad stated. “Appa!” you winced, a bit irritated.

Ren suddenly chuckled. You shot him a look as he straightened up, back to serious face. “Aigoo! My daughter is in love eh?” your dad teased.

You felt your cheek headed up. “Appa..” you shyly whispered. Your dad chuckled, “Araseo.” he then turned to face Ren, “Your name is Ren, right?” he asked. Ren nodded, “Yes sir.”

“So Ren, I’m glad that my daughter choose a good boyfriend like you. Don’t hurt her araseo?” your dad said. Ren quickly nodded, “Yes sir. I will.” he replied. “Appa..” you whispered.

Your dad smiled at you, “I couldn’t believe that my daughter is grown up now. Oh! You still have school right?” he reminded.

“Omo! Ne appa. We need to go now.” you said. Your dad nodded, “Okay, okay. Go with your boyfriend now.” he nodded to Ren’s direction.

As of now, you’re still don’t used to call Ren as your boyfriend.

Ren stood up as you also did. Your mom waved at you, “Goodluck on your date later!” she beamed. “Omma!” you hissed.

“Ren, take her on a date later okay?” your dad joined your mom on teasing as he pushed you to Ren. Luckily, Ren caught you. You were surprised by your dad’s words. “Appa! Don’t you too.” you hissed.

Ren chuckled at you then turned to your dad, “I will sir.” he replied. You looked at him in shocked but he just winked at you.

---

“Aish! First omma. Now, appa too? I can’t believe this!” you hissed as you and Ren went out from your house.

“I like your dad, you know!” Ren said. “Psh! Appa is annoying!” you snapped.

“Atleast you have a dad like him.” he snapped. “Oh! How about your dad? How come I didn’t saw him even once?” you suddenly asked.

“He’s already passed away.”