Minyoung’s Parents

The Boy Who Is Prettier Than Me

 

 

---

“I said stop!” he said in a loud voice that made you stunned. You look up at him, surprised.

Ren let out a sigh, “Please stop. Just rest.” he said in a soft voice. You look away as a tear suddenly slipped down to your cheek.

Next thing happen, Ren cupped your face to make you face him as he gently wiped your tear. You softened.

“Don’t cry. It doesn’t suit you. You look ugly while you are crying.” he said in a very calm voice.

Your expression suddenly change into anger. You shot him a glare and pushed his hand away from your face, “If I’m ugly, you are..” you couldn’t find a word to continue your sentence.

“I am what?” he snapped. “Nevermind!” you rolled your eyes.

You noticed that Ren started to laugh. You raised an eyebrow, “What are you laughing at?” you asked in annoyance. “You.” he pointed at you.

“Mwo?!” you glared at him. “You looks better when you’re mad. It suits you.” he said.

You didn’t know if this is a compliment or not that you didn’t know how you react. You just rolled your eyes and sat to rest.

Ren sat next to you, “Do you want to continue our practice tomorrow?” he asked. You rolled your eyes, “Of course! That’s what I really want. I’m already tired.” you replied.

He stood up, “So.. I think, I’m going now.” he said as he look down at you. You nodded, “Good decision.” you said.

Ren rolled his eyes, “Can you walk me out? I hope you won’t mind.” he said. “Psh! Araseo. Come on, I’ll walk you out.” you said as you led the way. Ren followed.

---

As you and Ren went out from the practice room, your parents were already eating their dinner. You walked to them.

“Omma, appa, my classmate will going now.” you said. They just reply you a nod.

You sighed and look at Ren, “Come on, I’ll walk you out.” you said. Ren nodded and followed.

“Let’s have a practice tomorrow on your place instead of mine.” you said to Ren as both of you reach the main door.

Ren nodded in understanding. He knew that you’re not happy with your parents attitude. With that, he left.

You went back to your parents to join them for dinner. Silence filled the atmosphere as you and your parents were eating.

“Um... Omma, are you busy tomorrow? Why don’t we go to mall ans have a window shopping!” you brightly beamed that broke the silence.

Your mom give you a serious look, “Window shopping? What comes to your mind to think about that kind of thing? You know that I’m always busy to those kind of things so you better not ask me about that again.” she said.

You stunned, disappointed. “Um.. Appa—” before you could finish your sentence, he cut you off.

“Just focus on your study instead of wasting your time with those things!” your dad snapped. Your shoulders fell.

“But we haven’t done family bonding before.. I just want to spend some time with you two.” you slowly said.

“Family bonding? Aren’t you already satisfied in your life now? We’re always busy so don’t mentioning about other things again. All you need to do is to focus on your study and show us your high grades.” your mom replied.

You bit your bottom lip as you clenched your fist tightly. You suddenly stood up, “Are my grades always important than me? I’m a peeson who need to caught your attention. I’m trying to be patient because of you two. I’ve been hoping that our family will be a happy family like the others. All I want to do is to be with the two of you as always. Eat together, have a family bonding, window shopping with you omma and appa but what am I right now? A person that I didn’t even exist on my own parents. I’m always alone and I hate it!” you said all the things that you were hiding inside. You said it in a loud voice.

Your mom shot you a glare, “How dare you to raise your voice to your parents! You must be happy that you’re belong to the wealth family! We’re busy not because of our will only. It’s also for yours!” you mom raised her voice back.

“Not even giving me a short time to spend with?” you questioned. “Yah! Park Minyoung! Can you just stop ans continue eating? We still have work tomorrow so we need to sleep early.” your dad snapped.

You grew angry even more, “I’m sick of it. I can’t take to live in this house anymore!” you said. “Wae? You want to leave us huh? Then go, as if you have a place to stay to.” you mom said.

Without any thinking, you stormed off outside your house. Your parents didn’t dare to stop you but instead they let you go.

---

You run and run as your tears started to fall from your eyes. You passed by Ren who is walking in his way home.

“Uh.. Minyoung-ah!” he called. You didn’t noticed it and just continued running.

Ren run after you and caught your arm that made you stopped. You look back only to see Ren. Ren got shocked when he saw your tears, “Why are you crying?” he asked.

You lowered your head ans cried even more, “They doesn’t love me! They not even care about me! I didn’t exist in their life!” you shouted in anger.

On the first place, Ren was already knew who you’re talking about. Your parents. “Where are you going then?” he asked, worried. You shook your head, “Molla. Anywhere.” you replied.

“Come on, just stay at my place.” he said s he grabbed your hand. You look at him, surprised. You wiped your tears, “What?!” you gasped.

“I won’t let you go in this hour.” he said. “But why?” you asked.

Ren paused, “Because you’re a girl. I won’t let any girl to be alone in this hour.” he muttered.

“But—” “No buts! Just go with me if you don’t want to get here.” he warned. You gulped nd quickly agreed to him. “So.. Where’s your car?” you asked.

“I left it at school remember?” he reminded. “What are we going to use then?” you asked. “We’re taking a bus.” he said. “M-Mwo?!” you gasped. “No way!” you protested.

“Taking a bus or getting here with some mens?” he questioned. “Bus.” you snapped as you walked passed by him. Ren followed.

---

“Where’s your house again?” you asked as you two get off from the bus. “There!” he pointed. “Eh? But I coudn’t see.” you said as you look around.

“We still need to walk a little bit to reach our house.” he said. You nodded in understanding.

As you two were walking, you walked passed by a happily family that were walking yogether with holding each other’s hand.

You remembered what happen earlier at your house. You started to think about it until you accidentally twisted your ankle because of your high heels.

Luckily, Ren caught you in time. “Gwenchana?” he asked. Instead of replying him a word, you burst into tears.

“Minyoung-ah..” Ren whispered. “Aish! Stupid heels! I hate it! Why your house is so far?! Now, it will be hard for me to walk there!” you hissed. All your anger towards your parents makes you blamed the other things.

Ren stooped down. “What are you doing?” you asked as you look down at him. “Get on, I’ll carry you until we reach our house.” he said.

You just stood there, tears didn’t stop on flowing down to your cheeks. Ren sighed as he grabbed your arm that made you hopped in his back. Now, Ren is giving you a piggy back ride to his way home.

You started to cry even more on his shoulder. Ren softened and let you cry until his shoulder became wet as he continued walking to his way home.