Party

The Boy Who Is Prettier Than Me

 

 

---

Your mom rang the bell as both of you arrived at Choi’s mansion.

Just then, tge door slowly open and you saw Mrs. Choi popped in front of you. She was smiling at you, “Omo! Minyoung-ah, you’re so pretty today.” she commented.

You bowed and give her a small smile, “Gomawo.” you thanked.

“Come in.” she welcomed you an your mom as both you and your mom entered their house.

As the time you stepped inside, the first one you saw was Ren. You met eyes with him.

Ren gulped, “Minyoung?” he was surprised by your sudden appearance. You remained silent and look away as you remembered that he just tricked you earlier.

Your mom elbowed you, “Yah! Go and greet him. It’s his birthday today remember?” she whispered.

You looked up at your mom then to Ren. He was staring at you. You bit your lower lip and slowly stepped forward to him. “Saengil chukhahae..” you whispered.

Ren raised an eyebrow, “Eh?” he pretended that he didn’t hear what you say.

You look at him and repeated, “Saengil chukhahae..” “What? Pardon. I can’t hear it.” he teased.

You narrowed your eyes to him, “I said happy birthday! Happy now?” you said a bit loud for him to hear.

Ren chuckled, “Gomawo.” he smiled. You rolled your eyes, “Whatever!” you was about to go back to your mom when you heard him spoke, “You look pretty tonight and I’m happy that you’re here.”

You stopped and spun around to face him but he’s already talking to the other guests.

You frowned as you turned around again, *What did he just said? I’m pretty and he’s happy that I’m here?* you wondered as a smile went up to your face.

Your mom walked to you, “Minyoung-ah!” she called. You snapped out your thought and gasped.

“Why are you smiling? Is it because of Ren?” she asked. You quickly shook your head, “No, it’s not him.” you snapped.

Your mom chuckled, “I was just asking..” she muttered. You pouted, “Aish! Omma, can we just go back home now?” you asked.

“We’re just get here and you already want to go home? No! Come on, Let’s eat.” he grabbed you and dragged you to the direction of the foods.

As you and your mom were getting some foods, Mrs. Choi went up to you. “Hello Minyoung-ah! Are you enjoying the party?” she asked.

You just fake a smile and nodded. “Uh wait! Where’s Ren?” she look around and saw Ren talking to his friends. Mrs. Choi shook her head, “Aish! He just let you alone here.” she whispered.

“No, I’m not. My mom is here anyways.” you said. “But you’re his guest so he need to approach you.” Mrs. snapped.

“It’s okay. It’s his birthday anyways so he can do what he want.” you said looking at Ren’s direction. For some reason, you felt disappointed that he didn’t approach you.

“Are you really okay? Coz I think you’re not.” you mom suddenly spoke. You turned to her, “Omma.. I’m alright okay.” you said.

Your mom and Mrs. Choi look at each other as you started to get a food.

---

Hours had passed, all the guests were already left except you and your mom. You were nagging her to go home but she just shrugged and ignored you. All you just did was pouted.

Suddenly, a heavy rain came. You take a glance at the window, *Oh no.*

You went to your mom, “Omma.. It’s already raining. Let’s go home now.” you said. Your mom turned to face the window and saw the heavy rain.

“I won’t let you go home with a heavy rain. Just stay here for tonight.”Mrs. Choi snapped. Your eyes widen, “Mwo?” you shool your head while waving your hand, “Ani. We’ll just go home now. Right omma?” you turned to your mom.

Your mom tapped her chin to think for a while. Then, “I think Mrs. Choi was right. We can’t go home with the heavy rain.” she replied.

“But what about appa?” you excused. “He’s not going home today so it doesn’t matter.” your mom snapped.

You bit your lower lip and decided to shut up. Without a choice, you nodded in agreement.

Mrs. Choi smiled, “Okay then. Your mom will use one of our guest rooms nd you will use the other.” she beamed. You just fake a smile.

Mrs. Choi turned to Ren who is listening to the conversation. Ren gulped. Mrs. Choi smiled, “Ren, why don’t you walk her to the guest room?” she asked.

Your eyes widen as you quickly shook your head, “No, omma. I can walk by myself. I already know the guest room anyways.” you snapped.

Mrs. Choi shook her head, “No. Your mom the one who will use it. You’re going to use the other room.” she turned to Ren again, “Son, go and take her there.” she commanded.

Ren nodded as he led the way. Without a choice, you followed.

Your mom and Mrs. Choi exchanged glances with a suspicious smile but you didn’t notice it since they’re behind you and Ren.

---

As you and Ren entered the guest room. The door make a loud bang. You and Ren spun around only to see the door closed.

Just then, both of you heard someone locked the door. Your eyes widen as both you and Ren rushed to the door.

“OMMA!!”