Chapter 9 (PA)

Pursuing Affection

" So, what's the plan now?" Mr. Hwang sitting opposite to Mr Kim while drinking his coffee at Kim's office.

"Hae we will not change our plan, it's better to give Taeyeon the position so that man will come out again, it's the only solution to catch him." Mr Kim spinning his pen while looking at the papers.

"Hm, well, you're right but please don't put your daughter on the line too much, you already know that she's having a hard time"

Mr Kim stops spinning his pen and looked at Mr. Hwang.

"I know, but, it's for the betterment of all not just for her but also for the company" Mr. Kim get back looking at his papers.

'How about the betterment for your family? for being the father that she's looking for?' Mr. Hwang thought and just shake his head.

"So, how was the deal?" Mr Kim suddenly ask.

"Oh, about that I want to talk to Tiffany first."

"Hm, hope it was successful."

"Yeah, I'm really looking forward to my princess reaction"

Mr. Kim sighed and looked back again sternly to Mr. Hwang.

"Hae, please stay away from this. I don't want your precious family to be part of this dangerous game of that someone."

"I know, but if the time comes that you really needed the help, don't forget that I'm always here for you Chul"

"Thanks Hae"

==============°°°

Several months passed and the gang is soon to graduate. Taeyeon still going back and forth from Jeonju to Seoul and still currently manage all operations with the help of Leeteuk.

"Ms Kim, I'm here at your front door" Leeteuk holding his phone while standing at Taeyeon's front door apartment.

"Good Morning Mr. Park, come in" Taeyeon formally greeted him.

Tiffany who's currently sitting at Taeyeon's couch squinted her eyes when she heard Taeyeon's formal greetings.

"By the way, this is Tiffany. I think you already know her." Tiffany just look at the two of them. "..and Tiffany this is Mr. Park he's the branch Supervisor on Busan"

"Oh yes, Ms. Hwang Good Morning" Leeteuk bowed a little and Tiffany just bowed her head a little too. Leeteuk then smiled and looked at Taeyeon probably wanted to start their small meeting and that didn't escape on Tiffany's eyes.

"Nice to meet you Mr. Park"

After a while, Tiffany is just waiting on Taeyeon's room while the two was currently discussing about something at the living room. Suddenly, her phone ringed and Sooyoung's name pop out on here phone screen.

"He's weird" Tiffany automatically concluded.

"Tiffany you're just jealous but I don't think that man has to do something with your Taeyeon."

"Soo, you probably don't know, if you're here you can really clearly see that he's looking weirdly at Taeyeon. Like she admired and wants to court her and he just wants some alone time with her. I can see it in his eyes" Tiffany annoyingly pinch Taeyeon's Dookong.

"Tiff it's just business, you're being paranoid right  now." 

"But I always seen his name on Taeyeon's phone his always the second one on all Taeyeon's call log 'Mr. Park'. Soo, you know a girls' intuition is always right."

"Tiff geez how did you knew that call logs?" Sooyoung face palmed 'Geez, this friend got it bad' "..as Taeyeon said he's just her assistant. Probably he always calls because it's all about the company. Don't be so jealous girlfriend, you're still the number one" Sooyoung at the other line.

"Soooo!!! Don't remind me. I don't think that will happen" Tiffany just pouted and sighed deeply and hugs the stuffed toy.

"So, did you already ask her about the prom?"

"Uhm later"

"Hm, I think someone already ask you."

"How did you know?"

"I've seen it yesterday you know"

"Soo, if I don't have a chance on Taeyeon I'll just go with him"

"Oh geez--- you're playing fire again Tiff"

"He's a kind man Soo, it's just a prom"

Tiffany's phone suddenly short beeped.
'Dad?'

"Hey, I'll call you back. Daddy wants to call me"

"Okay Tiffy, give it a try with Taeyeon. Bye."

"Wish me luck. Bye"

Tiffany answered Mr. Hwang's call.

"Hey, Daddy"

"Hi Princess, where are you?"

Tiffany suddenly sat straight on Taeyeon's bed. Confused.

"I'm at Taeyeon's apartment"

"Hm, can you give me some of your time for today? I just want you to meet someone"

"Sure daddy"

"Good, I'll just text you the place. Bye Princess."

"Okay Daddy. Bye"

Tiffany contemplating for a couple of minutes until Taeyeon called her. She dashed out of Taeyeon's room and seen something that makes her blood boils. Mr. Park holding Taeyeon's hand sweetly but actually they were just shaking hands as a sign of thanking. Tiffany suddenly stick on Taeyeon's left arm and she hug and hold it tightly.

"Thanks Mr. Park" Tiffany eye-smiled fakingly and Leeteuk just looked at her weirdly and replied with a weird smile then he slowly walked out on Taeyeon's apartment.

"Fany? You okay?" Taeyeon drags her back to the couch.

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine" 

"Hm so, any plans for today?" Taeyeon lay her head down on Tiffany's lap. "...we have all the time" 

Tiffany deeply sighed and holds Taeyeon's hand and fiddled it preparing to ask the question.

"Are you gonna go to the prom night?"

"Oh that? Actually, I can't..." Tiffany stopped fiddling and paused for a couple of seconds then she continue to ask again.

"Why?" 

Taeyeon suddenly intertwined their hands that makes Tiffany's heart stopped and beats so fast for a second.

"Just askin'" she shyly whispered.

Taeyeon get up from her lap and sat beside her while still holding her hands that sometimes she also fiddle it.

"Do you want to say something mushroom?" Taeyeon looked at her eyes. They're too close that both of their shoulders and arms are sticking together.

Years of knowing each other, skinship is not already new from them but Tiffany always felt something when Taeyeon rarely the first one to initiate. 

"Nickhun invited me to be his partner. Is it okay?" Tiffany internally face palmed. That's not what she wanted to say. There are words that she practiced earlier but it seems she chickened out.

"Aw really" Taeyeon smiled widely, she lean her back at the couch and she gently put Tiffany's head on her chest "Well, mushroom already find the perfect partner." Tiffany cursed internally. "Actually, I can't really go that time. We'll be preparing for the soft opening of the K-Tech World. You should be there" Taeyeon caressed Tiffany's head gently.

"Hm" Tiffany hugs Taeyeon's waist with her left arm while her right hand is still intertwined with Taeyeons'. "I'll be there, I'm always there for you... Can I ask you about something?" 

"Hm, sure"

"Taeyeon, what if..."

Taeyeon's door suddenly buzzed by someone.

'Ah sheet' Tiffany defeatedly let Taeyeon go. The latter quickly  goes to her door. Tiffany just lay down at the couch.

"Uncle?!" Taeyeon excitedly shouted. That causes Tiffany to sat up back straight. 'Argh Daddy ruined it all. He better have a good reason to drage me and meet someone.'

"Hi, Tae. Where's my princess?"

"She's here. Come in Uncle"

"Hi Princess" Mr. Hwang with a jolly face seated beside his daughter. "So, I'll just plan to drive you there" 

"Oh, so you're going out Uncle? with mushroom?"

"Yes Tae, does this princess didn't give you some hard time?" Mr. Hwang raising his two eyebrows.

"She's still your sweet mushroom Uncle" Taeyeon teased.

"Aww my sweet mushroom Princess" Mr. Hwang  also while Taeyeon is holding her laugh.

"Stop you two!! I really hate it when the two of you are together in one place" Tiffany pouted.

"Chill mushroom. Uncle you can have Tiffany now. We don't really have some plans for today." 

Tiffany looked at her madly and just rolled her eyes. "I'm not an object" she muttered.

"Yay! thanks Taengoo" Mr Hwang stands up "We don't want to be late, so come on now princess" 

"Text me later mushroom"

"Okay Taetae"

'Maybe next time'

===================

Tiffany is currently at a high class restaurant, following her Dad that guiding her to a particular table.

"Mr. Hwang it's great to have you today"  An old man with an expensive suit suddenly greets her father.

"Me too Mr. Horvejkul" Her father guide her to introduce herself.

"Hi Mr. Horvejkul, I'm Tiffany Hwang"

"It's a pleasure to meet you Miss Tiffany, you look wonderful" Mr. Horvejkul suddenly gestured trying to get the attention of someone.

"Thanks Mr. Horvejkul"

A boy suddenly dashed elegantly to their table.

"Hey, sorry, someone just call me about the company..Hi Mr. Hwang, Miss Tiffany. It's a pleasure to meet you again" 

Tiffany was surprised of the person on her front right now. Nickhun on his expensive suit, charmingly smiling at them.

"Well, let's get started. By the way, Nickhun and Tiffany have different table." Mr. Horvejkul call the waiter to guide the two on their own table.

========

"You know something about this aren't you?" Tiffany raising her left eyebrow while eyeing Nickhun.

"Hehe, a little bit, I just know that I'll meet you today. Just that. My Dad said that I should try to know you, he just only said that." Nickhun just eye-smiled at her.

"Hm okay, I think they're planning something" Tiffany folds her arms at her chest while watching her dad and Mr. Horvejkul at the corner.

"Tiff, so, about the prom? What's your answer?"

"I'll go with you" Tiffany just sliced her steak without looking at Nickhun while saying it.

"Really? Thank you Tiffany" Nickhun excitedly holds her hand that makes Tiffany flinch a little  "Ah, sorry" then he just gently let go of her hand.

"It's okay, you're welcome. Why me though?"

"Geez Tiffany, everybody wants to be your partner to the prom. I'm just the lucky one"

'Everybody? not everybody, there's that midget' Tiffany just poked her steak with her spoon.

"Well, you're not lucky just I don't have someone"

"Okay, if that's what you think" Nickhun just eye smiled again.

After an hour, the two of companies saying goodbye's to each other. Tiffany fastly enter Mr. Hwang's car.

"So Princess, how was it?"

"Daddy are you kidding?! You're setting me up like I'm on a date!"

"Fany-ah it's really a date"

"A date?! while two of you are watching! Tell me what's that all about?"

"Mr. Horvejkul's company the Buck's Clothing Line. Do you know them?"

"Yes Daddy, I know them. Then?"

"We're planning to merge the company, you know it's a great opportunity"

"Dad I don't think so..." Tiffany was shocked of all the information that her dad's want to say.

"Princess, Mr. Horvejkul and me plans to have you and Nickhun in marriage. It's the best way and we're having problems with the company and they're the biggest asset. Actually, I guess both of you are the perfect couple in the business industry. But, don't worry I want you to graduate to a University first before it happens." Mr. Hwang smiled at her.

Tiffany is speechless. Does her father thinks of what she feels? of how important loving someone is. She's on the verge of exploding.

"Dad, I want to love who I want to love" She closed her eyes saying it. Mr. Hwang stops the car. 

"Princess, I know you'll say that" Mr Hwang holds her left hand. "I'll give you time Tiff, it was still not final but I want you to learn what love really is" 

"Dad please, give me more time." Tiffany was pleading and holding tight on her father's hand.

"Yes princess I will, I just want you to be happy" Mr Hwang hugs her gently.

"Thank you so much Dad" She hold him tight.

'Sorry Tiffany, I know what you see on Taeyeon but I don't want you to involve with them as of now. It's for the betterment of all' Mr. Hwang thought and felt disgusted of his self why he hurts her precious daughter, he just wants to protect her.