Chapter 17 (PA)

Pursuing Affection

"Unnie" Seohyun just opened the door and found Taeyeon just leaning at her office desk like a statue.

"Hyunnie? I thought you already went home" Taeyeon just folded her both arms at her chest.

"You okay Unnie?" 

"Yeah, just something's not feels right. Tsk I don't know."

"Unnie don't overthink" Seohyun walk slowly to Taeyeon. "By the way, Ms. Hwang is outside looking for you..what should I do Unnie?"

"Oh" Taeyeon suddenly stand straight. "Just let her in..you can go now Hyunnie, I'm gonna go home after this" and she seated back at her seat to make her self calm down.

"Are you sure Unnie?" Seohyun tried to convince Taeyeon, she's just worried of her best Unnie.

"Yes, so please be safe and go now Hyunnie"

"Okay, don't forget to eat your dinner Unnie"
Seohyun always keeps reminding her that.

"Aiishh right right"

After Seohyun went out on her office, someone knocks at her door. Expected already but still why she's nervous. 'Geez, don't let your emotions affects you Taeyeon' Taeyeon always keep that in her mind, the important reminder of her father. The door suddenly open..

"Good evening, I..my mom just want to deliver these for you" Tiffany holds the plastic bag tightly.

"Good evening, just put it at the table Ms. Hwang" Taeyeon fakely busied herself with the papers at her table and just steal a glance when Tiffany talks.

"Uhmm okay" Tiffany walk closer to Taeyeon's desk.

Taeyeon just keeps on checking her papers but she can smell the familiar scent of Tiffany 'Still using that huh'. While Tiffany is still standing at her front. 

"Good job earlier by the way" Tiffany said it softly. She still didn't want to go out at this office without accomplishing something.

Taeyeon glance again "Thanks" and just go back to her papers.

"Taey.."

"Ms. Hwang!" Taeyeon interrupted her. Taeyeon knows that Tiffany will dig deeper about her life and she's not comfortable about it as of now. Tiffany startled at Taeyeon's strong voice.

"Please just.." Taeyeon suddenly was cutted off by her ringing phone. It's Mr. Shindong. 

"Hello, Mr. Shin.." Taeyeon suddenly frozed and looked at Tiffany's eyes while she suddenly let go of her phone unconsciously. 

All of a sudden everything is in slowmotion....

"...Ms. Kim..hello..Ms. Kim, I'm so sorry.."

Flashbacks suddenly zoomed on Taeyeon's mind. 

============

It's currently morning but the sky was dark like Taeyeon's heart. The air was cold like Taeyeon's feelings. She's standing at the front of her father's coffin, and just stared at her father's cold dead body with a blank mind.

"Mr. Kim fought as a great man..." A pastor was currently talking at the front of many people. Taeyeon was tired, she have no one now. She want's to see her family now, there's no place for her in this world. 'Did I do something to punish me like this?' She suddenly questioned God. 

After a couple of hours, Mr. Kim's coffin was already buried and slowly people are dispersing, but Taeyeon still standing at the front of her father's grave. She still can't get enough of what happen, she really thought she can protect her father, but she's not enough, everything she did was not enough. When she's the only one left standing, she kneeled down and cried hard.

"I'm s..oo.rry..I'm really soo..rry" She just keeps apologizing while sobbing hard. It feels like dejavu again, she keeps doing this, from her mother and brother to his father. She's sick of keep doing this. Suddenly, someone hugs her from behind, holding her close and tight.

"Just cry it all out Taetae.." Tiffany put her arms around her shoulder and her head at the back of Taeyeon. She cried hard with her just how they cried when they were kids. She'll never gonna let go of her. Taeyeon just cried hard and shouted.

Mr. Hwang is inside his car watching her daughter and Taeyeon from a far just bowed his head and cried. 'What have we done Chul? Why is this happening? You're a great man? I will not stop finding this man who did this to you..' Mrs. Hwang holds his hands dearly to comfort him. They loss big, a very important family for them.

==================

Three weeks passed by after the death of Mr. Kim. Taeyeon busied herself again at work and still trying to dig deeper on her father's death. One of the bodyguard which posted on his father's room was the culprit and he's been a senior bodyguard of his father for years now, that's insane. Mr. Kim Taehyuk, suddenly vanished and still on hunt, it seems that he fakely just used the Kim Taehyuk name for years.

Taeyeon held her her nose bridge, she had these headache for a couple of days because of overthinking things. She really want to go back drinking alcohol again, it's her booster but Seohyun was so strict to her now. Suddenly, someone knocked at her door.

"Ms. Kim?" Seohyun voice echoed to her office.

"Yes Hyunnie?" Taeyeon didn't look at Seohyun and just continue on her papers. She noticed that Seohyun didn't responded and she glanced at the door. Seohyun with Yuri was staring at her.

"Your cousin is here" Seohyun bowed and leave the two of them.

"Hi, Ms. Kim" Yuri walk calmly with her hands on her povket towards Taeyeon's table.

"Yes Ms. Kwon? By the way, I'm sorry of what happen at the hospital. I'm just pressured that time. What can I do for you?" Taeyeon lowered down her guard, but she still have that strict facade.

"It's okay" Yuri seated down and take a deep breathe. "Taeyeon, I'm sorry if we're not there for you. I'm sorry of what happen to Uncle" Yuri just watched her fingers. 

"Yul" Taeyeon stared at her. "Thanks, I appreciate you and the gang for being there for me until now" after leaving them for a long time Taeyeon finally smiled at her warmly. 

"We'll be always there for you couz. So, how's the investigation?" Yuri felt welcomed again.

"We still stucked again. I still can't believe the senior loyal bodyguard of my father was one of the culprit. Tsk." Taeyeon huffed and just folded her arms.

"That's hard what if they're still many of them couz lurking here on your company."

"We'll be very careful with that. The team still concludes that the culprits goal is to bring the Kims down as well as the company. Probably, they are one of the employees or a rival company" 

"Tripled your guards couz, it seems so dangerous now"

"Yes, I will. By the way, can I have a big favor for you?"

"Sure"

Taeyeon straightly seatead and suddenly changed from Ms. Nice to Ms. Cold.

"Stay away from me for a while and as well as the gang"

"What?!"

Taeyeon just looked at her without saying anything. 'I'm sorry Yul. I don't want any of you will involve with these crap. I don't want to lose someone again'

=======================

Yuri was throwned and dumped by two bodyguards outside the K-TECH company. 

", Kim Taeyeon you punk!!! Aiish" she's still at the ground while shouting and suddenly stands and fixed herself while still cursing. "This is not a great solution Kim" Yuri get her phone and dialed someone.

"Hello Soo, we need to talk." Yuri just angrily stomped her feet going to the parking lot, but before she opened her car she saw a familiar car just parked not so far away from her. When it opens, a familiar person came out and fastly walks to K-TECH entrance. 'What is she doing here?'

========