Chapter 7 (PA)

Pursuing Affection

At a coffee shop, Taeyeon with her black cap and black shirt is sitting with her tablet at her hand. She's still making some final report for tomorrow and finalizing the blueprints and floor plans that they've discussed last week. 

"Hi Tae" A girl with a blue cap suddenly greets her then touched her shoulder before sitting towards her.

"Hey Sica" she put down her tablet and focused her attention to the person on her front.

"Hm still busy huh..?"

"Yeah, you too I think"

"Not really, I never thought you'll accept my invitation today. It's a great opportunity to have a date with the Kim Taeyeon"

Taeyeon rolled her eyes "Shush, we just met for a couple of seconds and you're starting to be annoying."

"Shut up, I guess you already know why I invited you to have a coffee"

"You're too serious, yeah, yeah. Fany talk about it with me"

"Let me order first"
===============

Yuri with her cycling pants trying to jog the whole city. When she pass the coffee shop she have seen someone familiar, that make her stop for a couple of seconds and stared at them. The blue cap girl leaning too close and hold the hands of the black cap girl, that made Yuri's blood boils.

 'Urgh, I'm betrayed. If it's Taeyeon you'll gonna end up with I don't think I can't stop myself on snatching you from her' 
 
She runs fast as she can away from the coffee shop to forget the two of them and stopped at the park cause she's too exhausted and thought why did she do that, she'll have some cramps later. She sit for a while and suddenly she have an idea, she get her phone and trying to type something.

==============
At the coffee shop

"Is your dad pushing you to hard too for the position? Cause I think that's the plan when he wants you to go to States" Taeyeon holds Jessica's hand back to comfort her. She've seen Jessica trying to hard too these past days, she's on the verge of crying but Taeyeon is the best on comforting someone. 

Jessica stared at their hands and sighed. 

"Taeyeon, I have something to tell you. Please let this be a secret just between the two us for now. I always trusted you on all of my decisions cause I've always seen myself on you." Jessica trying to collect some confidence to say it all out to Taeyeon.

"Hm just calm down and thank you for trusting me" Taeyeon smiled sincerely reassuring Jessica.

"My father plans to merge the company from the other company"

"Who's company?"

"The Kwon's Clothing Line, he thought it's gonna be a great company if that happens."

"So that's why he's gonna be there with you in the States, geez that's not a good idea but.." she looked at Jessica "how will they gonna do that? the Kwon's gonna buy your company? That's insane"

"Taeyeon it's imposibble to buy that huge company, don't be too dense here"

"So, how?"

"Aishh, once we'll go back here from States uhm Dad plans to marry me to the Kwon's heir"

"What?!!" She suddenly stands that makes a scene inside the cozy coffee shop. Luckily, only two people at the corner and a few employees are inside beside them. 'Sheet sorry Yuri, this is bad'

"Goodness calm down Taeyeonie" Jessica drag Taeyeon back down to her seat.

"Sica I have a question, Did you approved the plan? I mean is it okay for you?"

"No"

"Did you feel something to Tyler? He's your childhood friend it's been years"

"Tae I just feel like his my brother nothing else" Jessica assured Taeyeon 'How about you on Tiffany?I really want to question you about her but I think it's not the right time' Jessica thought.

"I'm sorry, so what are you gonna do?"

"I can't do anything Taeyeon and just face the worst future." 

"I'm sorry, but yeah we can't do anything and just face the worst future but.." She looked at Jessica's teary eyes ".. wait for me, maybe I can do something on the near future" 

"Well, yeah, I'll be waiting for you. I hope you really can help me." Jessica started to cry.

"Hey hey hey, I'm sorry for now I can't help you but someday I can."

"Tae he's different. Please help me someday to get out of the company if the merging will happen. Promise me"

"I promise you. I know what truly Tyler is and I don't think he's gonna have you all someday" Taeyeon suddenly thought all the things that will happen in the future and she's scared to face it sooner but she only have herself and being coward probably makes her weak. She's going to change her plan again.

Her phone suddenly beeped.

'Yo, couz, meet me at the old backyard at 5 pm. I have something to tell you.

P.S. wear your jersey' -Yul

'Why does everyone wants to see me this day?' Taeyeon just sighed and continue to talk to Jessica.

===============

Taeyeon ride her bike going to the old backyard that have a basketball court, it's their favorite playground since she was a kid, Yuri always drags her there when she wants to play with her.

"Hey, Yul" Taeyeon parked her bike at the side and run towards Yuri who seriously keeps on shooting. When she's nearly meter away from her, suddenly, Yuri fastly passed the ball to her. Luckily, she also hold the ball fast before it hits her.

"Woow, what happen?" Taeyeon suddenly confused on Yuri's behavior as of now.

Yuri slowly close their gap and stop just arms away from Taeyeon.

"Just one match. If you win she'll be yours, If I'll win I'm gonna snatch her away from you" Taeyeon got confused on what Yuri telling her.

"Wait, wait, wait, what are you talking about? Who's she?"

"Don't be too naive Taeyeon!" Yuri shouted at her face and Taeyeon doesn't like it eventhough it's her cousin, she suddenly have the cold eyes that makes Yuri step back a little.

"So it's all about Jessica" Taeyeon give the ball back to Yuri.

"Don't be so childish Yuri, and don't think badly of what you saw earlier. So, you've seen us eventhough we have the cap. Tsk tsk"

"Yes, tell me about it. I felt.." Yuri was in dazed for a second "...betrayed Taengoo" she pass back the ball to Taeyeon.

"Don't be, we're just close friends. She have some problems in the company and she needs to be comforted. She has no one to talk about it and I'm just the only one that can understand it." Taeyeon shoot the ball.

"I'm sorry Taeyeon, I thought there's a score between you two"

"Geez no, she's like a sister to me. That's not gonna happen. I heard from Fany that Jessica will be there on your match"

"Yes, I'm gonna trained hard cause she's gonna be there"

"Well, it's a great chance to talk to her. Looking forward for that"

The two girls goes back to the playful conversation and just play friendly basketball.

==================
Hwang's Mansion

The Hwang family was eating happily with their dinner. It's a rare occasion that they're complete at the dinning table.

"Daddy you didn't tell me that you went also to Busan" Tiffany pouted.

"Oh sorry Princess, it's an emergency. Your uncle Heechul was worried about the contract that he didn't received from the other company that I've known too. So, yeah I quickly traveled there."

"It's okay, Taetae didn't even told me that you're there."

"Taeyeon forgot the important things sometimes Tiff. Why are you so eager to know why Dad was there?" Leo her brother asked her while cutting some chicken.

Her sister Michelle side-eyed her and smirked as if she knows something. Her sister really knows something of how Tiffany greatly admired Taeyeon and always gushing over her since she was a kid.

"Just want to have some fresh air on Busan too" Tiffany quickly found some lies.

"Well, gonna tell you next time when I'll be back there" Her Dad just considered her always.

"Hae don't spoiled your princess" Her Mom Dahee just smiled.

======================
Yuri's big match

Whistle! The crowd shouted 'So-Nyuh Shidae!'

"So-Nyuh Shidae High were down by two. Let's found out how they gonna get back for just 27 seconds left"

Yuri sit back at her seat exhausted and just drink her water while listening to her coach. They're pressured that it's just a couple of seconds left in the fourth quarter.

"Yuri, we need your three's here." Her coach pointed at the left side. "We trust you" her coach looked at her with determination.

"I'll try my best" She seriously smiled and stands. She turn her head on where Jessica sits and her heart beats fast when Jessica smiled at her and she thumbs up and mouthed 'Good Luck'. Yuri feel butterflies on her tummy, her heart fluttered and just replied with a big smile on Jessica then she goes back to the court with determination.

On the other side of the court is were her gang located.

"Oh Jessica is giving her the courage" Hyoyeon seen the cute interaction.

"Really?! Kyah that's cute" Tiffany clapped her hands. " Go, Yuriiii!!!"

"Yah, you're too loud " Sooyoung just eating her popcorn.

"Seems that Yuri will gonna have the last shot" Taeyeon observed how the rotation changes.

Whistle!

Yuri runs fast and tries to find the space that they needed. However, her opponent constantly follows her and get back at her in no time. Her teammate trying to inbound the ball trying to find Yuri's vacant position, but she's having hard time to pass it to her so she just called their last time out as instructed by her coach if that happens.

They go back to their benches. Her coach explained again their second plan.

"That kid matches your speed Yuri, they change their player that will put good defense on you" their coach tried another plan.

"Tsk" Yuri thought and tried to find a way for it.

"So here, Chaeyoung pass the ball to Amber first, Yuri try to go here for a three. Byul try to screen Yuri's opponent. Jeongyeon always prepare for a rebound. If Yuri still can't find the space, Yuri pass it back to Chae. Chae you'll be the last to three." their coach instructed them all clearly.

"Ok, I'll try" Chaeyoung was anxious if she's the last.

"Ok, let's go team." 

Whistle!

"Hey kid, you got this but I'll try my best to shot the three" Yuri rest assured Chaeyoung and pat her  back gently.

"You can do it too Yuri unnie" Chae just give a fighting punch to Yuri.

Chaeyoung inbound again and follow the instruction. Yuri find again a spot to three. When Amber have the ball now they rotate and all opponents are anticipating that Amber will be the last to have the shot. However, Amber found Yuri is now vacant before she shot the ball she pass it to Yuri ', this is it, 2 seconds left'. Yuri held the ball and shoots for three, however her opponent also jumped with her. 'Sheeeet'

........

The crowd shouted.

"Bang! bang! bang! a big three from no. 21! So-Nyuh Shidae High wins! They got it, they got it. So-Nyuh Shidae High win the long competition at last" the MC shouted.

Her team hugs her very tight.

While on the other bench, three girls like kids keeps on jumping. Taeyeon just smiled and laugh on the three while popcorns are all over her head cause Sooyoung keeps shaking the bucket while jumping.

=================
After the game, Tiffany told Yuri to go to the back of the gym where Jesicca is. Before she goes, she jump many times then fixed herself and take a deep breath. When she turn to the corner, there she found the pretty girl looking good on just her side profile then suddenly looked at her. She slowly walk towards Jessica.

"Hi" Jessica started.

"Uhm Hey" 

Yuri and Jessica at last met at the back of the gym where the soccer field located. Yuri just kept her hand on her varsity jacket while looking down. Jessica was just one meter away from her.

"Finally, I can talk to you now. My name is Jessica  Jung." Jessica bring out her right hand to shake.

Yuri is in dazed and just stared at Jessica's hand. It makes Jessica awkward but she get Yuri's right hand inside the jacket and shake then hold it. Yuri was surprised, she just looked at Jessica's eyes.

"Talk to me" Jessica still holding Yuri's right hand with both of her hands and just looked down at it.

Yuri was just speechless of how beautiful Jessica up close. Coming back to her senses, she holds Jessica's hand back that makes Jessica looked back at her again.

"Nice to meet you Jessica, my name is Kwon Yuri" Yuri smiled widely.

"Nice to meet you too, I already know you, school's mvp and best athlete of the year. Tiff also always mentioned you."

"Geez, that's embarrasing, but we already met 3 years ago you know" Yuri holds her nape with her other hand.

"Yes, that's why I'm here to thank you for saving me" Jessica shyly smiled "Thanks for saving me Yuri and I want to know you more. Actually, I just really want to thank you for the incident but I didn't have that chance for three years. I keep following you but it leads to curiousity. Can you give me a chance to know you?" 

Yuri frozed for a couple of seconds on what she heard. 

"Wow, I..uhm really? Actually, I-i really want to know you too hehe" Yuri awkwardly smiled.

"Great, so, friends?" Jessica still not letting go.

', yeah friends' Yuri thought.

"Yes! Friends!" 

"By the way, uhm I would like to invite you to the GG's concert? I have two tickets" Yuri added.

"Sure! I like their songs. Here.." Jessica give her phone on Yuri ".. Can you save your phone number so that I can contact you?" 

'Yay! lucky Yul!'

"Oh sure" Yuri quickly typed her number then gave it back to Jessica. "Here"

"Hm thanks again" Jessica gives her a final squeeze on her hand than she let go. "See you again, Friend" She said it shyly while hiding her both hands in her back then she slowly walk away from her.

Yuri blushing hard with a dumb strucked look just nod. 

'Yeah, Friend'

==========
Taeyeon's Apartment

"TaeTae, TaeTae" Tiffany happily try to sing Taeyeon's name while searching Taeyeon. "Where are you?!" she shouted.

"At my room Pany-ah!!"

She rushed on Taeyeon's room and she found her there busy with her laptop again.

"Taeeeee look" She showed the two tickets on Taeyeon but Taeyeon is not looking at her.Tiffany pouted. She jump on Taeyeon's bed that causes Taeyeon's things bounced too that make her papers flying everywhere. She stared at Tiffany angrily. "Opps" Tiffany whispered.

"Fannyyyyyyyy!" Taeyeon put down her laptop at the table side quickly and she tackled Tiffany and tickles her tummy for her revenge.

"Hahaha yah yah Tae haha Taeee stto" Tiffany keeps on wiggling and laughing hard. 

"You, mushroom, just ruined my work" Taeyeon smiled evilly and just keep tickling Tiffany and without they knowing Taeyeon keeps hovering above Tiffany.

"Okayyyy stoopp" then Tiffany lately realizes that she's under Taeyeon. She stop moving and blushes hard on their current position. Taeyeon pinned her one hand above her head, she's between Tiffany's legs and she's too close on her face. Tiffany breathe's hard and deep while looking at Taeyeon's eyes then to her kissable lips, she gulped. 

"What are you looking at mushroom?" Taeyeon cut her trance and suddenly snatched the tickets away from her hand and left Tiffany flat in bed, still spacing out and day dreaming of what happen.

"Geez, not really fake and especially these are VIP tickets! Lucky Kwon Yuri. How did she got these?" Taeyeon keeps inspecting the tickets.

Tiffany get back to herself for a couple of seconds "Uhm yeah, she said she have a friend that close to them, we are lucky" Tiffany seated and fixed herself. 

"Tae, you didn't tell me that dad was there in Busan too"

"Oh, that, yeah I forgot, sorry. They try to deal something with the other company and they have problems with the contract." 

"Okay" Tiffany fidgeted with her hand.

"You okay?" Taeyeon asked while fixing all the papers that scattered on her bed.

"Uhm Tae? Yuri said that she saw you and Jessica at a coffee shop the other day."

"Yes, we talk about something, it's just about work"

"Mkay" Tiffany looked down at her hands.

"I guess you have something to tell me" Taeyeon put all her attention to Tiffany now.

"Tae I.."

Taeyeon's phone suddenly rings. 

"Let me get this first"

Tiffany pouted and disappointed again. Someone or something always stops her when she wants to confess.

"Hello, Sir?" Taeyeon looked at Tiffany.

"Okay, I'll be there" Call ended. 

"Fany-ah, I'm gonna go to Father's office right now. Do you want me to drop you at your house or you'll gonna go somewhere?"

"No, it's okay. I'll be waiting for you here until you get back"

"Are you sure? You'll be bored."

"Nah, I'm gonna call the gang"

"Okay, okay. I'll be back"

==≠=========

Taeyeon took a deep breath and knock at the door. "It's Taeyeon"

"Come in"

Her Father was sitting with a stern face with a gloves on his hands.

"I want to show you something"

He picked up a one page of a newspaper then showed to her at the table.

Taeyeon was shocked, scared and anxious of what she is looking right now, her hands started to tremble. The newspaper presented at her was 6 years ago and it's content was all about their company 'Still Successful Eventhough K-Tech Has the Worst Nightmare Happened a year ago' but there's a word written all over the paper on blood 'How are you Mr. Kim?'.

"Someone left this at our door 6 years ago. I didn't told you about this cause I thought it's just a prank, I hired some special agents to investigate about it, but years of investigating they're still stucked at this clue and still nothing happens until now but.."

"Did you already check the CCTV's at that time?"

"Yes we did, a 5 yrs old kid put it there and we track that kid and his not related to someone. He just said that someone asked him to put it there. Then we're at the dead end."

"Why did you just showed this to me right now?" Taeyeon was trembling all over and just trying to put some courage on looking to her Father's eyes.

"Cause it's time to tell you the truth" 

Both of them are just staring with anger on their eyes. Silence occupies the office for a couple of seconds.

"It's not an accident. The emergency breaks were tampered base on their investigation." Her Father looked down and felt devastated.

All this time she was tricked. Taeyeon hugs herself and cries. She felt betrayed and scared. Someone's after them and it's not a good news.  

Mr. Kim bring out another newspaper and put it again on the table. 'K-Tech releases improvised mini watch. Dream come true on their new K-Gadget' was the newspaper's content that was released a week ago and some words 'When she goes up, You go down and I'll be back' still written in blood.

"I received this yesterday night" Her father just stared at the bloody newspaper.