Chapter 16 (PA)

Pursuing Affection

Taeyeon walk straight to Mr. Hwang's room but still on deep thought on what to say later at the press. She's not afraid of the news that spreading fast on Seoul but she's only afraid of what will happen to her father. He's just the only one she can count on, she only have him in her life, no Tiffany now. Eventhough he became so stiff and emotionless to her for the past years he still have that great connection and importance in her life. He mold her to be a great leader and daughter, for that reason she's eager to bring back all the greatness that was given to her by her father. However, she thought that seems her achievements today is still not enough. 

Taeyeon was near on Mr. Hwang's room, suddenly the door opens and she came face to face with a Mr. Horvejkul. Nickhun frozed for a couple of seconds as he finally seen Taeyeon again. She looks intimidating. Nickhun fix himself and stand straight to greet her.

"It's been a long time Ms. Kim. Do you still know me?" Nickhun unconsiously hide his both hands at his pockets. He suddenly felt nervous how Taeyeon just stifly eyed him.

"Of course Mr. Horvejkul, your father always mentioned you on our meetings" Taeyeon professionally answered Nickhun.

"Uhm yes, well, he's just proud of me. So..going to meet Mr. Hwang?" Nickhun awkwardly change the topic. He started to make way for Taeyeon to open the door.

"Yes, by the way, I would like to have a meeting with you about our deal, maybe next saturday." Taeyeon glance a little at Nickhun while holding the door knob.

"Sure Ms. Kim. Looking forward for our meeting" Nickhun was glad that the deal still going on. Then, he properly said his goodbye to Taeyeon before he exits. While Taeyeon stops for a while on the front door.

'Lucky you have him Tiffany but he's still luckier. I guess our decisions in life was worth it. You are in good hands' Taeyeon just chuckled to herself, even in situation like this she's still thinking of her. Then, she enters in Mr. Hwang's room.

"Mr. Hwang? Good evening" She bowed a little and then noticed that two women was also inside the room. 

"Taeyeon!!!" Mrs. Hwang suddenly hugs her very tight. "Geez, you're too matured and too beautiful now" Mrs. Hwang feel so glad that she met Taeyeon now. She's like her daughter. While Taeyeon smiled a little, she feel the warmth spreading all over her heart. She felt cared again. Why does she forget them? they are family too. 

"How are you Taetae?" Mrs. Hwang holds both of her hands and smiled at her sincerely.

"I'm really fine Aunty. Just caught up with another problem again" Taeyeon chuckled while holding her neck. She really can't be that stiff and serious when it comes to the Hwang couple.

Tiffany who's silently sitting at the corner just watched the scene how Taeyeon quickly changes her mood after meeting her parents. She felt betrayed and hurt. What did she do to her? Why Taeyeon acting strangely to her and her friends? while on her parents she seems the Taeyeon she knows at the past. She really need some answers.

"Ohh Taeyeonnie, don't overthink okay. Your Uncle Hae will help you." Mrs. Hwang rest assured her to calm her a little bit on her situation. 

"How was your father?" Mr. Hwang interrupted them.

"He's stable now Uncle. I want to talk to you about something" 

"Okay, Tiff, Rachel?" Mr. Hwang knows that Taeyeon needs some privacy even if she can trust the people around her right now.

"Okay, we're gonna buy foods for dinner. We'll be back. Come on Tiff"

≠====================

After Tiffany and Mrs. Hwang leaves the room. Mrs. Hwang felt something not right on her daughter.

"Princess? why are you so silent?" Mrs Hwang holds Tiffany's hand.

"Mom, I'm fine" Tiffany just sighed.

"Did you already met before earlier?"

"Uhm Yes"

"Why are you look like a stone after seeing her? I thought you'll be like the energetic princess that I know after meeting her again. What happen?" Mrs. Hwang knows something's not good happens between her daughter and Taeyeon.

"She changed now Mom. She's not the Taeyeon that I've known from the past. She looked at me like she didn't know me and I .." Tiffany suddenly have the teary eyes "..I feel that I've hurt her..and it's hurting me that I don't even know a thing...Mom.." Mrs. Hwang hugs her daughter very tight, Tiffany can't stop it, she burst out and cried hard on her mother's embrace. "...I needed answers from her..I'm sorry Mom..I'm just too emotional these days" Tiffany doesn't know now what she was saying.

"Oh my princess, please calm down. Just give Taeyeon more time. She have many problems to deal right now. Just be always at her side and someday she'll be back to the Taeyeon you've know again." Mrs. Hwang felt worried, she hopes that Tiffany will fix her feelings before anything happens. Someday, someone will give way.

"Yes Mom, I'll be always there for her as we both promised" 

======================

"Do you know about his disease Uncle?" Taeyeon seated stifly at the couch while talking to Mr. Hwang.

"Yes" Mr. Hwang sighed deeply "...he's been hiding it from you. He don't want you to be distracted. You're at the peak of your career and.."

"I'm not still at the peak of my career Uncle" Taeyeon interrupted him. "...our enemy is still there. I don't really know why someone has a great wrath on our family. Do you know something about this Uncle? Tell me all about it." Taeyeon is now standing near Mr. Hwang's bed. Mr. Hwang can see how Taeyeon changes. He feels that he's facing the great Kim Heechul right now, it's intimidating.

"Taeyeon, we still didn't know the root of all. We still thinks it's just about rival companies." 

"It's not about rival companies Uncle. My father is hiding something..tsk"

"I've been asking him too many questions Taeyeon, but I failed too on changing his mind to reveal on what he's hiding." 

"And now someone is a traitor in the company" Taeyeon looked at him.

"We'll be investigating that"

"Did dad met Mr. Lee Seunggi?" Taeyeon thought about the news. As far as she knows the company didn't made a deal on an illegal company, but, she doubt her father. What if he met him behind her back? That's nonsense.

"Taeyeon you're not trusting your father right now." Mr. Hwang doesn't like how Taeyeon accusing her father. She's losing her cool. He needs to clear everything before Taeyeon makes some unecessary actions.

"We didn't know Uncle. I need to meet him" Taeyeon is not thinking straight right now.

"Taeyeon it's a trap. Listen, once you'll go to him the problem will get bigger. You'll be proving the news that it's true. Think about it many times Taeyeon. Trust your father. In the past, eventhough the company faced some major crisis your father solve it all without dealing some illegal partners. He don't need them Taeyeon! he just needs you" Mr. Hwang is on the verge of shouting right now. He knows Heechul more than Taeyeon.

"I'm sorry" Taeyeon felt ashamed on what she's thinking.

"It's okay, I know you're pressured right now.." Mr. Hwang sighed deeply "... Okay ..first you need to clear up everything about the news. You just have to deny it all. It's up to them if they listen or not about the truth. Then, we needed to find this traitor before he/she will do something again...Tsk."

"Okay Uncle" 

"Taeyeon please don't shut us out, we're all on this together. Please remember that" Mr. Hwang tries to comfort her. He knows that Taeyeon thinks that she's fighting this all alone right now, he just needs to remind her that the Hwangs will always be there for the Kims and vice versa.

"Thank you Uncle" Taeyeon smiled sincerely at Mr. Hwang.

"You're welcome" Mr. Hwang smiled back sincerely.
=================

 After an hour the mother and daughter was back with some foods.

"Where's Taeyeon?" Tiffany firstly ask after entering the room. She's disappointed again. 

"She'll meet the press tonight and clears the false news." Mr. Hwang said while scrolling on his tablet.

"Aiish that kid still didn't eat dinner" Mrs. Hwang pouted.

"Yeah she's stubborn actually. How about you bring something for her Tiff after the press" Mr. Hwang suggested. Tiffany widened her eyes.

"Yes, well, you should bring something for her. Bring this other food for her princess." Mrs. Hwang happily said.

"Uhm okay Mom" She felt nervous all of a sudden. "...but Mom what if she'll have dinner with someone after the press??" 

"She doesn't have someone Tiff. I already commanded her after the press that she should go home immediately" Mr. Hwang tries to convince his daughter.

"Uhmm okay fine"

The couple just look at each other and hiddenly smiled.

After a couple of hours..

"Wait, that's quick, the emergency press already started just a few minutes ago" Mr. Hwang excitedly click the news.

Taeyeon was still on the middle of her speech. Expalining and denying everything about the fake news. "..Just to remind all of you. We're not that cheap and weak to have a deal on an illegal business just to rise from crisis. Thank you for all of your time." Taeyeon ended the speech and multiple flashes of cameras only heard at the press.

"Hmp that's how the Kim's mind works." Mr. Hwang proudly said.

"Wow, that kid really is something" Mrs. Hwang was also amazed how Taeyeon face everything.

"Dad, Mom, I'm gonna go now" 

===================
At the other side of the hospital

At Mr. Kims front door. One men was already down. Two person suddenly enters Mr. Kims room. 

Mr. Kim eventually conscious now. He still can't move his body but he tries to observe his surroundings by moving his eyes from all directions. Then he seen a person in a lab coat going to his direction. He can't see clearly the face cause his vision was still blurrred. 

"Hi, Mr. Kim" The person with a lab coat suddenly greets him. He thinks that the voice was familiar.

"You're still alive" The person chuckled. "Hard to knock you out eh. ...well, this is the last time, it's really hard to kill you" Mr. Kim widened his eyes. The enemy he's been looking for years is now on his room facing him. The person suddenly walked closer to him, holding Mr. Kim's face gently while bringing the lips closer to Mr. Kims right ear. Mr. Kim was shaking hard. He wants to move his body and just kill this person on his front right now but he's weak and can't even move a single finger. His cardiac monitor suddenly changes.

"Chill Mr. Kim" The person whispered. "...Everything is under control. Don't worry this is not painful. You'll just sleep back...Forever" smiling dangerously at him and suddenly gestured something to the other person.The other person injected something on his IV that makes Mr. Kim shakes hard and his cardiac monitor keeps beeping fast. The two then quickly leave his room, but before they leave the other person whispered again at his right ear....

"Great goodbye Mr. Kim"

==================