Chapter 6 (PA)

Pursuing Affection

Taeyeon's Apartment

While waiting for Taeyeon to get up Tiffany prepared Taeyeon's breakfast with just egg, bacon and toasted bread. Then, she go back to the living room to clean things up. While she folded the shirts, she noticed the blueprints and layouts displayed on Taeyeon's laptop. 

'I thought she'll be studying business marketing,
 why she have these? Did she change her mind and just proceed to Architecture?'

"Pany-ah" Taeyeon suddenly pop out of nowhere feeling fresh, wet blonde hair, with her baby blue big shirt and boy shorts and a towel dangling at her neck.

"Hey, come here" Tiffany patted her left side of the couch.

Taeyeon walk towards her but she just sit at the floor facing her laptop. Tiffany just rolled her eyes and just move behind Taeyeon, she get Taeyeon's towel and put it on Taeyeon's head and started to massage and dry her hair.

"You should take care of yourself"

"Hmm, I am and I'm glad there's you"

"I'm not always there for you you know"

"I know"

Silence.....

"By the way, are you going somewhere today?" Taeyeon asked while still scrolling on her laptop.

"Tae are you forgetting something?"

"Uhm I think I didn't, our friendship anniversary is still next month, so it's not that isn't it?"

"Taeeee" Tiffany pouted, throwed the towel at Taeyeon's head and suddenly walked out on her going to the kitchen.

"Aiishhh, what did I do again??" Then Taeyeon suddenly remembered. ''

She quickly followed Tiffany at the kitchen.

============

'Is she that so busy that she sometimes forget the important things?' Tiffany prepared a milk drink and busied herself at the kitchen.

Taeyeon leaned on the side of the counter and staring the back of Tiffany. 

"You know I prefer coffee than milk"

Tiffany suddenly drop a little bit of powder milk outside the cup 'Tsk!'

"Pany-ah? Coffee please?" Tiffany still ignoring her and just continue what she was doing.

Taeyeon walk slowly to Tiffany and stopped at her right side. She looked at Tiffany that still not glancing at her.

"Fany-ah, where are we going today?" 

Tiffany quickly looked at her. Taeyeon smiled with her cute dimple. 'Cute' Then she looked down on the milk that she's stirring.

"I wanna go shopping" She finally said something and give the cup to Taeyeon.

"Mm okay, fine, I'm yours for today as I promised" Taeyeon stared at the cup. "Why milk?"

"Don't drink caffein as of now, you look like a Panda" 'Cute Panda'

"Mkay as you ordered my princess" Taeyeon just drink and walk back to the living room not realizing that Tiffany was blushing hard on what she said. Tiffany prepared the food on Taeyeon's table at the living room. While Taeyeon was still busy with her laptop sitting on the floor.

"Tae? Why are you studying about that? I thought you're getting the Business Marketing course."

"Oh these? It's the floor plan and blue prints on the other building in the Busan branch. We're trying to finalize it so they can start the construction." 

"Tae, tell me. Why are you the one studying that?" Taeyeon glanced at her then she climb on the couch to sit beside Tiffany.

"I made a deal with my Father" She looked at the eyes of Tiffany.

"Hm, is it possible to know what's that deal all about?" the seriousness of Taeyeon's eyes makes Tiffany anxious.

"I trust you and only you will know about this beside my Father." Taeyeon take a deep breath. "He dropped the topic about me home-schooled and I'll try to graduate highschool."

"Really? that's a great news" 

"But.. I'll be trained on Busan 2 times a day per week."

"Geez, Is he going to assigned you as a Manager there? That's insane for your schedule TaeTae"

"Yeah, that's how it goes, but someone will help me before I'll proceed with that position and uh.." Taeyeon looked down and stares at her hands then stared back to Tiffany.

"I'm going to States after I graduate"

Tiffany stared back at her with a shocked face.

"So, that's the deal huh?" Tiffany was on the verge of crying and just looked down at her hands, but Taeyeon suddenly holds her hands.

"You know, the time comes when you're not be there for me and I'll be not there for you." She holds Tiffany's hand tighter.

"But it's time to learn and meet new people Tiffany. It's a long time to find ourselves on where we belong and the best part of it we'll meet again sooner."

"Tae, why are you saying like you're gonna leave me now?" Tiffany just whispered sadly.

"I just don't want to hide these from you and maybe I don't have the chance to say these so that's why it's better to say it when I still have the chance."

"Taetae I'm scared. I'm scared that you'll forget me"

"Geez, No! You're the best person that happens in my life." Taeyeon suddenly pulled Tiffany and hug her tight. "Don't ever forget that you'll always be on my mind and I always think about you."

"Promise me please" Tiffany began to cry on Taeyeon's  embrace.

"I promise you Mushroom"

"Can we stay like this for a while?"

"Mm"

After an hour of comforting Tiffany. They still seated at the couch, hugging each other while there other hands are holding tight and Tiffany's head leaning on Taeyeon's shoulder while Taeyeon's mind was wandering.

"Are we not going out?" Taeyeon remembered.

"Just forget that shopping and we'll just stay here and watch something."

"You're being lazy Mushroom"

"No I'm not!" 'Geez I just want to stay like this and feel more of your warmth'

"Okay fine, find something that we can watch"

"Hm don't complain on my choice"

Both of them watched Love, Rosie that Taeyeon said they already watched it for a hundredth times. While Tiffany is lying in the couch, head on Taeyeon's lap.

"Geez, fine not saying anything. But, why are we watching this again?"

"Cause it's a great movie, you just said you'll not gonna say anything"

Taeyeon just rolled her eyes. 

"You know, you're too hopeless when it comes to love. There are too many people lining up on you and not even one you dated. You should try it you know"

Tiffany rolled her eyes and annoyed, then she focused her attention to Taeyeon

"How about you? I didn't even seen you dating before. So, stop saying that with me"

"Nobody's lining up on me Mushroom"

'Hmp I scared all of them that's why' Tiffany thought evilly.

"By the way, our friendship anniversary is next month and I'm planning to attend a concert of our favorite band. Go with me please." 

"Hm, not gonna pass that opportunity. But, it's hard to get a ticket especially that only a few days left."

"Well, Yuri is our solution. I helped her about Jessica and yeah she'll give us free VIP tickets."

"Wow really!! about Jessica? Tell me about that"

"She finally want to talk to Yuri" 

"Oh that's a great news, Yuri should not pass that great opportunity. It's been 3 years she's crushing over her."

'Hmp me too Taetae, since we were 5'

"Yeah and sadly she'll go to States with Yuri's cousin, Tyler, after she'll graduate "

"Oh, we'll see each other there then. Well Tyler should take care of Jessica"

"Hm, don't remind me with that States thing"

=============

Taeyeon parked her car and stopped trying to look at the house of Nickhun on her window.

"Wow too many people right now Fany, just stick with me"

'Yes, like a glue TaeTae'

"Yeah, geez, he suddenly becomes popular when he's just a new student"

"Where are the gang by the way?"

"Yuri texted me that they're waiting for us at the front gate" Tiffany trying to look for them on the window.

"Come on, I seen them now" Taeyeon unbuckled Tiffany's seat first before her.

Tiffany with her ruffle tube red dress just above the knee and red high heels walking elegantly towards the gang. While, Taeyeon is just on her ripped black jeans, looking cool with a baby blue blouse and high heel black boots.

"Yo, Taeng, Tiff!" Yuri greeted them.

"Both of you are late and I'm hungry" Sooyoung pouted.

"Come on guys, I'm really hungry too" Hyoyeon started to walk.

They enter inside Nick's mansion. Different kinds of lights blinding them. Too many people just chatting, drinking and eating. Then, Nickhun suddenly found them.

"Hey guys!" He smiled to them. "Hi Tiffany!" while he smiled with eye-smile just only for Tiffany.

Three people rolled there eyes and Taeyeon just smiled at him.

"Hi Nick, Happy Birthday. I have a gift for you by the way." Tiffany handed her small gift bag at Nick.

"Wow, well thank you"

"Happy Birthday Nickhun and thank you for inviting us by the way" Taeyeon greeted him formally.

"Oh, no problem Taeyeon, just make yourself comfortable guys" Nickhun smiled and just guide them.

After a couple of minutes. A romantic song suddenly fills the mansion. The party was in the middle of the program were everybody can dance with a partner at the center hall and the birthday boy will pick his own partner at the crowd.

"Mr. Nick, it's your special day. How about you pick your special person for today" the MC announces.

Girls suddenly shouted, gushing and crushing over him when he suddenly smiled. Everybody starting to find their partner.

"Hm, sure. Not gonna miss this opportunity."

While on the other side of the room the gang with one table just silently watching the program.

"Hmm their chicken cordon bleu was the best, Hyo try this" Sooyoung happily eating and passing some of her food to Hyoyeon.

"Soo stop putting more food on my plate. Geeeez"

"But, you don't like that food?"

"I do like it but you keep adding food on me, how did you put those food in your small stomach?"

"Actually, I just eat a little bit on every dishes."

"Hey, hey, hey it's dance time" Yuri interrupted the two.

"Oh no,no, I have no partner, pass" Hyoyeon with an x sign with her two arms.

"Pass too, I'm still gonna try some other dishes." Sooyoung stand and walk towards another table with different dishes. Yuri just huffed and crossed her arms on her chest, turning her head, finding something or someone? While Tiffany tried to get Taeyeon's attention who's busy replying someone on her phone.

"Tae?" Tiffany felt so annoyed. Taeyeon didn't even glanced at her.

Suddenly, Nickhun stands at the front of their table, which causes them to turn all their heads on him. Taeyeon suddenly stop texting and also looked at Nickhun confusedly. Nickhun extended his hand.

"Tiffany, would you like to have a dance with me?"

Tiffany frozed and didn't speak for a couple of seconds while Nickhun just patiently waiting. Taeyeon touched Tiffany's arm softly which causes Tiffany to get back to reality, she stared at Taeyeon as if asking her permission but Taeyeon just smiled as if she have the permission now. Tiffany put her hands on Nickhun's waiting right hand and stands. Nickhun bring Tiffany at the center gently.

"Oh, that's surprising" Sooyoung just get back bringing her new dish.

"Hmm she's gonna burn" Yuri just simply commented.

"Not surprising, I know these will happen." Hyoyeon just smartly said.

"Well, Fany should give him a chance. Look, they're perfect for each other." Taeyeon just looked at the two dancing while the three of her friends just eyed her, bewildered with what she said.

While at Tiffany and Nickhun..

"You looked gorgeous tonight"

"Thanks" She replied shortly and try to look at her table, but not really her table just a certain someone whom she waited for a reaction.

"Tiffany"

"Yes?" She get back her attention to Nickhun.

"Tiffany can I have the permission to court you until you graduate?"

She didn't give her answer first and she looked back again to her table waiting for something to happen.

At Taeyeon's table...

Suddenly a girl stopped on their table with a pretty face and gorgeous purple dress and again the four of them looked at her.

"Uhm Hi, I'm finding someone to dance to" She eyed Taeyeon.

"Well, we have Hyoyeon here that can dance perfectly" Taeyeon looked at Hyoyeon but Hyoyeon just rolled her eyes.

"My back hurts because of my practice yesterday, sorry" Hyoyeon makes an excuse.

"Oh, sorry. How about you Yuri?" Taeyeon just eyed Hyoyeon suspiciously.

"My right leg is still not good because of yesterday's match" Yuri reasoned out too. 

"Uhm okay, Soo?" 

"Hm? I'm still not done with this dish" Sooyoung just trying to cut her steak. 'Sorry Taengoo, not gonna help you as of now'

The girl just fidgetily waiting for her.

"Uhm okay, well, I'm just the only one who's available. Is it okay for you?" She asked the girl.

"Sure!" She excitedly smiled.

Taeyeon stands and like a gentleman she showed her right hand to the girl.

The three thought similarly 'Oh no'

At Tiffany and Nickhun....

'Who the heck is she?! if Taetae just listen to me earlier I will be the one to dance with her. Argggg' Tiffany thought while eyeing the two girl deathly that starting to dance.

"Tiffany?" Tiffany took a last glance at Taeyeon who charmingly talking to the girl then back to Nickhun then she took a deep breath.

"Nickhun, I will not stop you. But please don't push yourself too hard when no one's gonna catch you at the end."

Nickhun tighten his hold on Tiffany's waist a little.

"Hm, don't worry. I'm a catcher not a faller" he eye-smiled at her.

"Yeah"

At Taeyeon....

"I'm Hyuna, nice too meet you by the way" She smiled sweetly.

"Hi, Hyuna I'm Taeyeon"

"Hehe I already knew you, you're so popular at school"

"Nah, not really" She smiled and try to look at her side but she accidentally meet Tiffany's eyes on her. She sneaked a winked at Tiffany. Tiffany blushed so hard and Nickhun thought he's the one who made Tiffany blush.

At their table the three watched them..

"Lol sneaky Taengoo" Yuri just commented while she drink her wine but suddenly choked when she seen someone familiar.

"Does Taeyeon know that it's a great effect on Tiffany?" Hyoyeon said then she looked at Yuri. 'Lol, Jessica's here'

"Nah, she's the biggest dense of all. Maybe I'm gonna hit her head later so she'll realize something before she's too late." Sooyoung still watched them dancing. Suddenly 'Oh no'

Nickhun suddenly hug Tiffany tight. Surprising everyone.

At Taeyeon...

"Thank you for dancing with me"

"You're welcome Hyuna"

She let Hyuna go and seen Tiffany hugged Nickhun just a distance away from her. She thinks for a while and just stand there watching them. Nickhun let Tiffany go and wants to bring Tiffany back to her table but Tiffany stopped him and she whispered something then Nickhun just smiled and walk away. The song suddenly changes to Kim Bum Soo's song "I Call it Love" (It's a good song by the way ^_^). Tiffany's heart beats fast when she met Taeyeon's mesmerizing eyes. She felt that Taeyeon is drawing closer to her.

Taeyeon walk slowly towards Tiffany then stopped and showed her right hand.

"Princess, would you like to dance with me?"

Tiffany blushed so hard, butterflies were chaos on her tummy, she feels warm and and dizzy like in a couple of seconds she's gonna passed out, however, someone hold her waist gently and pulled her closer which causes her both hands goes directly to the person's shoulder. There, Taeyeon's face was just 3 inches away from her.

"You okay?" Taeyeon sweetly whispered with worry at her. She just nod a little.

"Hm" 

"Hm stay for a while and just dance with me" Taeyeon whispered sweetly near Tiffany's lips and smiled with her chin dimple and Tiffany was just speechless and try to look on Taeyeon's eyes trying to convey something, however, she just hug Taeyeon tightly and prayed that Taeyeon will not hear or feel her racing heart. They just dance with the romantic song slowly. Tiffany closed her eyes and thought that it's just the two of them on the dance floor. She nuzzles her nose at Taeyeon's neck.


At their table....

"Oh boy, that's the perfect couple, geez gonna get some pics of them" Sooyoung take her phone and try to get some good angles.

"Eh lucky Tiffany, looked she's just speechless, Lol" Yuri is enjoying watching them forgetting that she sees someone familiar earlier.

"Whipped Mushroom,I don't know if Taeyeon is just faking being dense" Hyoyeon watched the duo happily.

Taeyeon and Tiffany just follow the flow of the song while still hugging.

"Tae?" Tiffany thought that this is the perfect time to confess to her bestfriend.

"Yes Fany?" Taeyeon whispered at Tiffany's ear.

"I w..." 

FANTASTIC BABY (BIGBANG-Fantastic Baby) suddenly loudly played on the speaker.

'' Tiffany automatically sweared on her mind.

"Iiiiiiiit's party Tiiiiime!!!!" The MC suddenly shouts and the crowd goes wild jumping and dancing.

Taeyeon suddenly hold her waist tight cause many people suddenly goes to the center and started bumping them.

"Come on Fany" she whispered and just chuckled guiding Tiffany to go out at the crowd.

"Yo Taeng here" Yuri waved her hands.

"Aisshhh they're like hungry people starving to dance" Taeyeon fixed her blouse. "You okay?" she asked Tiffany who's still can't recover on her unsuccesful confession then she touched Tiffany's arm gently to get back to her senses.

"Uhm yeah I'm fine, gonna get something to drink" Tiffany suddenly walked out on them.

"Tiff, you should eat so you can recover" Sooyoung suddenly find her and give her some foods.

"I needed to drink something, not to eat something" Tiffany still annoyed on what happen.

"What happen by the way? You two look so sweet there"

"Aishh I think it's still not the right time"

"Tsk, tsk, tsk, you still have a long time Tiffy"

'No, I'm running out of time' Tiffany worriedly thinks.