Chapter 8 (PA)

Pursuing Affection

Mr. Kim's Office

"Taeyeon if I'll gave up the position someday this man will come out." Her father sternly looked at her. "We're running out of time. We still don't know what they really want"

Taeyeon's eyes are full of tears and she just looked at her father. She felt numb.

"Tell me what to do Father"

"Taeyeon, we still stick to our deal but I want to inform you that I'll double the security. I already instructed them that they should not bother you. Don't tell anyone about this" 

"Okay Father" 

"You can go now and I'm sorry" Her father just looked at her then slowly seated and intertwined his both hands while thinking.

Taeyeon bowed then left at her father's office with a devastated heart. She's very disappointed. She needed comfort but her father was still that emotionless man just standing there not even have the sincere heart while telling the truth. She just want to be loved as a child. She suddenly stopped at the side of her car and just kicked the wheels many times while rambling. She cried hard for a couple of minutes then she felt the exhaustion on her mind and body. She sat down like a child and lean her back to her car. She's gazing into nothingness with a blank mind, then she slowly stands up and enter inside her car. She just doesn't know what to do.

===================
Taeyeon's apartment

"So, we should just spread out while attending the concert?" Hyoyeon asked them while playing Mario Kart with Yuri.

"Yes, don't ever show your face when that time comes, just stay away." Yuri still focused with the game, while Hyoyeon rolled her eyes. "Ask me politely black pearl".

"Fany, did you already tell Taeyeon about our assignment?" Sooyoung asked while busy reading about book recipes.

"I didn't, after she'll get back I will" Tiffany always checked her phone from time to time, Taeyeon was taking too long at her Father's mansion.

Suddenly, the door opens and got all of their attention. Taeyeon quickly went inside with her black cap.

"Hey" She just said quietly without sparing a glance at them going to her room. Then, the door slammed.

The three of them was shocked and just stared at Taeyeon's door. Sooyoung glanced at Tiffany as if saying she should go after her. 

"Tae?" She whispered inside Taeyeon's room.

Taeyeon was just laying on her side while her head is under a pillow. Tiffany slowly seated at Taeyeon's bed.

"Tae, you okay?"

"I'm fine Fany"

"Do you want to be alone?"

"Can I hug you?" Tiffany was surprised on the request not minding that Taeyeon didn't answered her question.

"Uhm s-sure" Her heart beats fast again and she just want it to stop cause its tiring.

Taeyeon suddenly sat up facing Tiffany. Tiffany was surprised again, her heart is breaking when she seen Taeyeon's eyes, it's so red and puffy 'What happen to you? It hurts to see you like this' Tiffany worriedly thought. Taeyeon slowly drags her to lay down with her in the bed and Tiffany slowly followed. Taeyeon hugs her waist tight and she nuzzles on Tiffany's neck that makes her blush hard. 'Goodness, it's getting hot in here, hope she'll not hear my rapid heart' and she can feel  that Taeyeon was sobbing, she hugged her tight. 'Taeyeonie, what happen?' Tiffany is on the verge of crying too, she felt helpless when the person that giving her strength and she admired with is feeling helpless too. 

"Tae? tell me, what happen?" Tiffany softly whispered. Taeyeon only replied by shaking her head. After a couple of minutes, Tiffany feel the soft breath of Taeyeon and thought that she already fell asleep. Tiffany looked at Taeyeon's face that still have tears on her eyes she touched Taeyeon's cheeks and eyes gently to wipe away the tears. 'I'm sorry my Taetae' she started to cry silently and closes her eyes feeling broken.

===============

Taeyeon woke up with a puffy eyes but she have the best sleep. She try to move her body but something's stopping her or someone?. She try to  fully open her eyes and there she found Tiffany hugging her so tight while sleeping beautifully. 

'I forgot earlier that there's you in my life.' Taeyeon touched Tiffany's cheek gently. 'You're just the only one giving me all the attention that I needed, I need to protect you. I'm sorry Tiffany but staying away is the best way to protect you. I still have one year to be with you and the gang and I should not waste that opportunity to create beautiful memories.' She kissed Tiffany's forehead gently then she slowly detached herself on Tiffany's hold. Going out on her room, she goes to her living room, there she found the three best buddies fall asleep at the carpet while the the game on the wide screen is still on going. Taeyeon smiled  'Thank you for being there for me guys. I'll make it up to you someday' She get her phone and dial some food delivery.

====================

"Happy Anniversary Taetae" Tiffany shyly smiled at Taeyeon and nervously hiding a small gift under their table. They are currently sitting at a coffee shop that Taeyeon like to work with her reports. 

"Hehe why are you nervous? Are you trying to tell me something important?" Taeyeon while moving her eyebrow up and down. "Geez, don't be it's just me your bestfriend." Taeyeon then smiled widely showing her white teeth " Happy Anniversary Fany-ah" Taeyeon looked at her like she's her favorite movie. Tiffany blushed, she really like how sincere Taeyeon when she always said that on their anniversary it feels like they're a couple celebrating their anniversary.

"Yah! Where's my gift?"

"Wait, wait. Tell me something first."

"Fine, uhm..I"

"Wait" Taeyeon cutted her off again and Tiffany just rolled her eyes. "Let me guess, did Nickhun finally asked you out?" Taeyeon again.

"No!" Tiffany madly put down her spoon. 'Aishh'

"Uhm okay, geez relax mushroom" 

"You always cut me off" Tiffany pouted.

"Sorry, hehe, fine, tell me"

Tiffany holds her gift tight then taking a deep breath.

"Taeyeon, I.."

Ringggggg

' all that stopping me!!!' she just sighed annoyingly.

Taeyeon just sheepishly smiled and get her phone.

"Hello Soo?...Yeah..we're still at the coffee shop....Hehehe not really..okay..Bye" Taeyeon then looked at Tiffany. "It's Sooyoung asking where are we. She thought we're already at the concert." Tiffany not minding what Taeyeon was saying and just showed Taeyeon her small gift fo her.

"Here" Tiffany divert her eyes from her side and shyly glance a little bit at Taeyeon.

"Aw sweet Mushroom" Taeyeon gently touched her hand and received the gift. Then she starts to unwrap the gift. "I'm so sorry by the way I forgot to buy you a gift" Taeyeon awkwardly scratch her nape.

"Aishhh Taeyeoniee, it's okay you're too busy these days, next time don't forget" Tiffany eye-smiled at her.

"Yes Ma'am" Taeyeon unbox the small box and there it's a cute blue earphone.

"Aw you really know what I like" Taeyeon winked at her. ' she's flirting with me kyahh' Tiffany blushes and feeling hot all over.

"Thank you Fany" Taeyeon smiled with her dimple. "So, come on, we really should go now to that concert or we'll be late" 

=====================

'DJ put it back on!!' Girls' Generation are currently singing at the big stage and people keep cheering and jumping. While at the VIP, Tiffany and Taeyeon are enjoying the concert while trying to sing with the band. 

"Fany?" Taeyeon suddenly halted Tiffany that ready to jump with the crowd.

"Yes TaeTae?" 

Taeyeon holds her both hands. 'Goodness?!!! Is she confessing to me?' 

"Fany, thank you for always being there for me in my worst" Taeyeon intensely looked at her. "Once again, Happy 12th Friendniversary Fany. Can you close your eyes?" 'Oh no, don't tell me..' Tiffany slowly close her eyes. Her heart beats fast again, she felt hot all over her body 'How many times a day will TaeTae pump my heart fast?'. Tiffany feel that Taeyeon gently let go of her hands. She waited for a couple of seconds, but nothing seems to happen, then she felt a little bit coldness on her neck.

"Open your eyes Fany" There, Taeyeon holding the object in her hands trying to hide it at the front of Tiffany's face while the chain is already on Fany's neck. Tiffany is on the verge of exploding rainbows and flying unicorns. Then, Taeyeon smiled sweetly and let go of the object. Fany was surprised. It's a silver lock pendant that has a heart pink gem on the center.

"And this is mine" Taeyeon showed her silver key with a blue heart gem at the at the top. "I'm gonna guard your heart, nothing should ever hurt you princess. Someday, if you'll found the one you should gonna bring that back to me cause that someone will be the one to finally guard you forever." Taeyeon smiled widely. 'Dumb Taeyeon' but Tiffany felt grateful, she thought Taeyeon forgot the gift. 'Taetae, best anniversary ever' Tiffany eye-smiled. 'Just guard me forever'

"Thank you so much TaeTae, I really like it. No, I love it" She squealed happily and hug Taeyeon so very tight. 

"You're welcome Fany" Taeyeon hugged her waist tight.

'Hey girls, do you know what time it is?' The concert continues..
====================