Chapter 20 (PA)

Pursuing Affection

"Good evening Mr. Jung" Taeyeon stands and shake Mr. Jungs hand before she sits back on her chair.

"Good evening to you too young successful Kim" Mr. Jung smiled gently.

She was currently on a private restaurant, scheduled to have an important meeting to Mr. Jung Yunho, Blanc and Eclare's CEO. 

"Ms. Kim hope this is an important meeting, I cleared all my schedule this evening just to meet you" Mr. Jung teased.

"Well, this is important Mr. Jung. How was your company?" Taeyeon started to fix the puzzle. Mr. Jung drink his wine first and look straight to Taeyeon.

"Taeyeon, you know something about what's happening to my company don't you? I know you kid. You really talk straight to the point eh" Mr. Jung chuckled. 

"Not gonna hide this to you Uncle but Jessica went to my office yesterday" Taeyeon put down her guard. She knows Mr. Jung is a good man, he's one of her father's close friend and since she was a kid she always seen them on her father's meetings.

"I know, my men reported it to me. Taeyeon I already warned your father 3 months ago, what ever happens to my company, he should just stay away from it. I can handle it" he folded his arms to his chest trying defensive and secretive if ever Taeyeon has something to break his walls.

"Uncle did the Kwon's holding you?" 

"No, it's the opposite, they help the-"

"Uncle please be honest" Taeyeon interrupted his lies.

"Taeyeon you're being rude right now"

"Uncle, just from your first word. It's a lie. I don't want any lies to be heard on this evening...Please Uncle" Taeyeon look straight to his eyes that she was sincere and willing to hear him.

"Fine.." Mr. Jung sighed deeply and unfolded his arms and put his both hands in the table."...the Kwon's warned and cornered me..if I'm not gonna follow their instructions my family and the company is in danger. I should've know at first that they're plotting something. I have known Jin Kwon for a very long time, he's not the man I have known now..." Mr. Jung shake his head and continues "..He's craving for power and riches. I'm already trapped and I can't even do anything to stop them having my daughter. I only just want to protect my precious family and company" Mr. Jung sighed and close his eyes.

"Uncle, you-" Taeyeon figured out that it's time to say it.

"Don't ever try to suggest kid that you're going to buy the company. It's a big insult on my side. I'm really gonna forget this meeting if that happens and just walked out here" Mr. Jung strictly warned Taeyeon.Taeyeon already figured this out, Mr. Jung is only just a prideful man. 

Mr. Jung observed her and thought that she's just wasting his time on really just suggesting that. He wiped his mouth, and slowly stands.

"You should just forget this meeting Ms. Kim. I-" 

"Uncle, I'm in love with your daughter" Taeyeon face palmed internally that was not the line she prepared. 'Sheet of paper'

"What?" Mr. Jung furrowed his eyebrows.

========================
At the other side of the city...still in a expensive restaurant.

"Jessi?" Tiffany called Jessica's name who's waiting on a table scrolling her tablet.

"Oh Tiffany?!" Jessica abruptly stands and gave Tiffany a very big hug. "..geez I miss you Tiffany."

"Aww I really miss you too" Tiffany sincerely hugged Jessica back.

After a couple of minites they both decided to order and started their talk.

"How have you been?" Tiffany asked.

"I'm fine I guess. Just still fighting" Jessica sheepishly smiled. Tiffany feel the pain on Jessica's eyes. She holds her hand.

"I'm really sorry Jessi for not contacting you" 

"It's okay Tiff. I'm doing a great job on delaying the wedding actually...So, how was your life? you're engaged too" Jessica smiled for the reason that she's glad Tiffany found her the one, hope so.

"I'm good. Yeah I am. Still, processing about that fact actually." Tiffany diverted her eyes and drink her wine.

"Tiff? Are you happy?" Jessica felt something is fishy about Tiffany's statement.

"Uhm yes I am Jess. He's always there when I only have myself." Tiffany just smiled a little.

"Glad to hear that, how about you and Taeyeon?" 

"Huh? Speaking of Taeyeon, Yuri seen you yesterday there. So, what are you doing there?" Tiffany ask suspiciously.

"Just want to personally invite her to our exhibit. I didn't seen and talk to her after she arrived here at Korea. It's been a while" Jessica professionally lied while sipping her coffee.

"Really? Is that all that you've talk about?" but Tiffany was still not convinced.

"Yes? Why? What should we talk about Tiff? My  upcoming marriage? Actually, just forget that and I already settled my mind, I already stop fighting my side. I'm tired." Jessica just sighed deeply.

"So, you're already tired. Both of you are coward Jessi. If you really love each other we always find ways" Tiffany can't help ta say it.

"Okay we are coward, but Tiff we can't stop the fate and if ever there is something then I will just wait and do nothing. I'm really tired Tiff." Jessica thinks about Taeyeon while saying it. 'Really hoping that Taeyeon will got the deal' Jessica thought.

"Oh Jessi." Tiffany just hold her temple. "..What if I'll just talk to Mr. Jung?" Tiffany suggested.

"Tiff no. It's enough. We should just stop talking about this. My head is aching" Jessica told another lie again. 'Geez, I'm really sorry Tiff'.

"I'm sorry just wanna help. Yuri is still devastated about it. I'm just gonna talk to her again about this, but Jessi..Do you wanna talk to her for the last time?" 

"Did she told you that my father's men are watching all of my actions?" Jessica folded her arms.

Tiffany just nooded.

"I really want to see her and have a talk with her for the last time, but they're very strict and  they always report me on my father. So, that's impossible." Jessica looked around and still found the two men always following her at the other corner of the restaurant. "..aish and they're here too."

Tiffany just sighed. 

"Oh geez, I'm really sorry if I can't do anything about it. Are they gonna report this meeting too?"

"Yes, but it's okay my father trusted you. How was your business by the way?" Jessica quickly wanted to change the topic. She just don't want to spill everything about Taeyeon.

=======================

Mr. Jung stared at Taeyeon for more than 5 minutes now without saying anything. Eyebrows meet, face more fiercer and his eyes that wants to kill someone. However, Taeyeon who's still seating was just very calm while staring back at Mr. Jung. Lucky she stopped Mr. Jung from walking out on her and goes back sitting on his chair with folded armson his chest.

"You're lying Ms. Kim" Mr. Jung finally talk.

"I'm not lying Mr. Jung" Taeyeon feels confident now.

"As far as I know, my daughter was only dated Ms. Kwon Yuri. I have my men following them."

"I only used Ms. Kwon to hide our relationship" Taeyeon needs to lie right now.

"Tell me more about this" Mr. Jung suddenly feel curious. Taeyeon felt that Mr. Jung was in her hands right now.

"We've been dating since highschool Mr. Jung. I always amazed of your daughter on how you trained her to handle your company. She's one of a kind Mr. Jung. So, I'm really sorry that I just said this. I've been out lately because of my father." Taeyeon bowed her head a little bit to avoid the great lie that she said.

"Are you really serious with my daughter?"

Taeyeon suddenly looked at Mr. Jung and surprised that he somehow not minding a same relationship. 'So Yuri must have a chance'.

"I am Mr. Jung. I'm so very mad how Tyler just man handled Jessica as his slave. I've been investigating about them. Now that you already know about their intentions  it's time to step up and bring them down Mr. Jung. I just want to end all of these. I'm sick of him doing that to Jessica." Taeyeon suddenly turned fiercer and thinking of punching the face of Tyler.

Mr. Jung still stared at her. After a couple of minutes he finally decided...

"Kim Taeyeon, in one condition" 

Taeyeon just nod without doubting. She need to be confident in front of him, she need to be convincing eventhough the condition will be dangerous. 

"Anyway, same marriage are still taboo here. However, this generation changes everything. I only trusted you and your family Kim Taeyeon aside from my family, that's why I want you to take care of my daughter and I will approve your relationship full heartedly, but put this in your head Kim once you hurt my daughter I will forgot your existence" Mr. Jung smiled proudly at Taeyeon that makes her more guilty. 'I'm sorry Uncle I just wanna help'

"Thank you Mr. Jung. I'm really glad that you accepted our relationship. This a great news for us" Taeyeon stands and bowed deeply.

"I'm gonna settle all the partnership on Kwon after one week then after that I want you to do this. My condition is..." Taeyeon glanced a little "...I want you to let the press know that my daughter is already engaged to the great Kim Taeyeon" Mr. Jung smirked.

================

Taeyeon is now currently on her office sitting but still in dazed of what happen earlier, while her phone is ringing, trying to call someone. Call answered.. 

"Hello Sica.." She breath deeply "...we have a problem."