Chapter 14 (PA)

Pursuing Affection

"Finally, it's my time to show the world how K-Tech will be managed by the wise person that I know the fullest in my life. Please let me welcome the new CEO of K-Tech, my daughter, Kim Taeyeon." Mr. Kim just shocked everyone.

Applause from many Board of directors, employees and other officers. Flashes of cameras suddenly covered up the stage. Taeyeon slowly stands up from her seat. Walking strictly with no emotions at all with her black coat and black hair. Shaking her Father's hand, she's standing with confidence right now.

"Good Morning everyone. It's a great priviliged to present myself as...." Taeyeon started her speech while her father is standing on her right side with Leeteuk.

=================
Sooyoung's apartment

"She looks different" Sooyoung started to comment to put a stop for the long silence that invading on her apartment.

"Yeah....she is" Yuri was still shocked, she never thought that her cousin is here now. All her plans will change again. ', i need to see her'

"Wow" Hyoyeon just don't know what to say. She just focused on Taeyeon's speech.

Tiffany was just speechless. She just frozed, standing and don't know what to say too. It's been too long that she heard again that voice. She missed her so much, but she wants to be mad at her, shout at her and slap her face for leaving her without saying just a single goodbye.

"Tiff?" Sooyoung holds Tiffany's hand.

"Yes?" She whispered but still trying to understand what Taeyeon is saying.

"You okay?"

"I'm not"

==================

"..being a CEO requires a thorough.." Taeyeon still have her speech while still observing the surroundings. "...My father has a.." she turn her head to the right side to acknowledge her father. For the first time her father smiled at her. 'Finally, you smiled at me sincerely. It takes a long years to get that' but her eyes widen when some red dot is pointing at her father's right chest. 

She quickly push her father hardly. Everything happens so fast she's on the ground right now, bodyguards are protecting them right now. Another rain of bullets suddenly covered all the stages. Glasses are scattered everywhere. Taeyeon crawls to the rostrum to protect herself and she's still tries to find her father. There, her father holding his right arm, but she still didn't know if it's just only her father's arm that was injured, while Leeteuk was still protecting him. Leeteuk was also hit at his left arm.

"Daaadd..!" Taeyeon shouted despite of the loud sound of the shooting bullets spreading all over the stage, she felt useless. She's breathing hard, but her priority is her father's safety. In a couple of minutes, the shooting stops. Her world suddenly spinning, she can hear some sirens it means ambulance and police are here now. She tried to stand, but she can't balance herself she tries to hold something or anything to help herself.

Everything was red when she finally steady herself. It's a bloody massacre. She can't hear anything. All of the people are in madness inside the K-Tech conference room. She holds her right ear then she felt something wet on her hand, blood. Despite of what she have seen she quickly find her father.

"Ms. Kim" A bodyguard suddenly holds her arms to help her.

"Where's my father?"

"Your arm is bleeding Ms. Kim" 

"I'm fine..where's Mr. Kim?" Taeyeon composed herself. She strictly eyed the bodyguard that helping her.

"At the backstage Ms. Kim"

She quickly detached herself to the bodyguard and slowly walk limpingly to the backstage. However, after three steps she suddenly meet the darkness.

==============

"" Tiffany quickly runs to her car. She needs to be there. Other than Taeyeon, her Dad was there too. She's shaking. She felt scared of what will happen. The call earlier with her Dad suddenly ended before they hear the sound of guns and screams. They're all terrified of what they've heard. The live news also ended after they've seen Taeyeon pushed her Father hardly at the ground. She's trying to put her keys but her hands are shaking. 

"Tiff, hey, let me drive" Hyoyeon suddenly holds her keys and push her gently to the passenger seat. Sooyoung and Yuri is already at the back.

" that's insane" Sooyoung deeply breath.

Yuri felt anxious too, her cousin and uncle was there.

Hyoyeon quickly drive them to K-Tech.

===============

Tiffany quickly barge herself to the crowd while many police trying to stop people entering the premises of K-Tech especially the medias. The three friends help Tiffany to push the crowd so she can easily barge in. 

"Miss, don't ever think of entering" A police suddenly holds her arm when she finally at the front of the crowd now.

"I'm the daughter of Hwang Corp., my father was one of the people inside. Please where's the victims?"  

"Okay please come here"

The police guides her and the gang on the injured victims site.

"Tiffany?!" Mr. Hwang quickly called her. 

Tiffany finally feel something just removed on her shoulder. She quickly goes to her father's side. She hugs him very tight and cried hard. Mr. Hwang was just on a stretcher and just have some minor injuries on her right arm, just some scratches and his right leg was injured too, someone just kick his leg hard due to panick.

"Daddyyyy...msnsjssnn" Mr. Hwang didn't understand what her daughter was talking about but he felt glad that she's here for him. He suddenly thought about Heechul and Taeyeon that makes him frozed suddenly.

"Dad??" cutting his tranced he cupped her daughter's face.

"I'm fine now princess. I'm fine now."

"Da...dd where's Tae..yeon?" She's still crying while asking her father.

"I just know that she's on the hospital right now with Heechul. I still don't know their situation. I'm sorry" 

"It's okay Dad, at least you're safe now. Dad I should go to that hospital."

"Are you sure princess?" Her father just wants her to be prepared. 

"Yes Dad, I need to meet her" 'Cause she have no one with her right now'

=====================

Tiffany and the gang rushed to Seoul Medical Hospital to find Taeyeon. However, when they're outside the hospital. Medias are still there waiting for a news about the Kims.

", they're all over the hospital's entrance" Hyoyeon cursed while still sitting at the drivers seat.

"Wait, I know someone who works there." Yuri tried to contact someone.

"Tiff just calm down" Sooyoung holds Tiffany shoulder to calm her down cause Tiffany hands keeps shaking.

"I'm trying" Tiffany tries to have a deep breathe to calm herself down. She felt worried and still anxious.

"Hello, Juran?" Yuri called her friend. "I need your help..yes..Uhmm we want to see the Kims..yes. Where? Okay..thank you so much" Yuri ended the call.

"Guys come on, we need to go at the back"

==============

"Hey Yuri" Juran, a tall pretty slim girl with her lab coat suddenly greets them at the back of the hospital.

"Heyyy Doc" Yuri smiled widely, but the three suddenly have suspicious eyes while eyeing the two. "Guys Dr. Juran by the way and Doc this is Tiffany, Sooyoung and Hyoyeon my bestfriends"

"Nice to meet you all, but come on. We need to be fast here. It's hard to get on the Kims" She slowly guides them.

After walking from different paths in the hospital. Finally, they arrived on the third floor which was the OR room located. Mr. Kim is currently inside on the operating room while three bodyguards are on standby outside the room. Two woman is currently waiting outside sitting at the hospital seats.

When they near to them the bodyguards suddenly blocks them.

"Wait I'm a doctor here and they are friends with that two there" Juran quickly explains to them.

"Sorry Doctor but they're still not allowed to talk with them" The head bodyguard explained his side.

"Hey, Kim Taeyeon is our bestfriend we..." Sooyoung suddenly interrupted however she's cutted by someone.

"Ms. Hwang?" all of them got her attention.

"Ms. Seohyun?" Tiffany quickly recognized her. So, she's the one with Taeyeon earlier.

"Let me just talk to them" Seohyun commanded the bodyguards. The bodyguards bowed to her then went back to guard the OR door. " Do you have a patient here Ms. Hwang?"

"Uhmm yes" She felt shy right now.

"Miss, we are Kim Taeyeon's friend. We need to meet her right now" Yuri barge in."..and I'm her cousin, can you tell her?"

"Oh, okay, I'll tell her. Just, wait here for a while" Seohyun goes back to were Taeyeon is currently sitting.

They've seen that Seohyun was trying to convince Taeyeon. Taeyeon suddenly looked at them. Tiffany stopped her breathe for a second there as she can feel that Taeyeon is staring in to her soul. She can see that Taeyeon head was wrapped up with bandaged and her left arm was full of bandages and supported with a sling arm. However, Taeyeon just goes her sight back to Seohyun. Then, Seohyun slowly goes back to them.

"I'm sorry but she said that she doesn't want to see someone right now. She's still shocked about the situation." Seohyun apologizes.

"What?" Yuri was perplexed why Taeyeon said that instead she suddenly walked pass Seohyun and fastly going to Taeyeon's direction.

"Yulll" Sooyoung followed to stop Yuri but it's too late. Hyoyeon followed too to help Sooyoung.

Yuri stopped at the front of Taeyeon.

"Hi, Kim Taeyeon"

Taeyeon just looked at her with no emotion.

"What can I do for you Ms. Kwon?"

"Oh so Miss Kwon now huh?...you're being ridiculous now Taeyeon" Yuri was mad knowing this Taeyeon is not her cousin.

"Yul stop" Sooyoung holds Yuri's arm.

"Please leave for a moment. I need some alone time right now" Taeyeon just closed her eyes.

"Great comeback Taeyeon and I'm sorry" Yuri just loss her temper and walked out on her. She don't want to punch her cousin right now, she's too injured physically and emotionally.

"Nice to meet you again Taeyeon" Sooyoung just greeted her and followed Yuri. 

"Uhm Taeyeon please take care of yourself" Hyoyeon want to hug her but it's not necessary as of now. She just followed Sooyoung too.

Taeyeon thought that all of them leaves now but when she opened her eyes she met Tiffany's teary eyes. They just looked at each other's eyes for a long couple of seconds. Seohyun felt suspicious about the two of them so she didn't try to interrupt them. 

"Taeyeon..Y" Tiffany weakly whispered.

"Ms. Hwang, please leave me alone" Taeyeon just closed her eyes back.

Tiffany was hurt how Taeyeon called her like she's a stranger.

"I will, but I'll be back" Tiffany then leaves her but she'll be back sooner. Taeyeon opened her eyes and watched Tiffany's back slowly fading away. 

===============