Chapter 39 (PA)

Pursuing Affection

Taeyeon falls deeper in the dark blue sea. She spread her hands and feet and she feels like floating deeper but the truth is she's drowning deeper. She looked above, it was dark blue sea but despite it's darkness there's a small light keeps following her eyes. She tried to shake her head to avoid the light that keeps distracting her comfortable floating but the light keeps following her vision and somehow it keeps coming to her, it's getting brighter and she furrows her eyebrows.

 

'Taeyeon.....Taeyeon.....Yeon....' someone's calling her. 

 

'Wake up Taeyeon!!....' Dad?



 

'Taeyeon!'











 

'-YEON!!!'

 

Taeyeon shouted and struggling to hear her voice. She keeps shaking deeper holding her neck with her both hands in to the vast ocean trying to save herself. After struggling for minutes she gave up and just spread her arms again and closed her eyes while slowly falling deeper again. Until she can't be unseen in the darkness of the ocean.

 

========================================

 

Yuri looked at her wristwatch and lean herself on her car while waiting for someone. Her phone rings and she fastly answer the call.

 

"Helloww!! So?? Meeting cancelled?"

 

"How did you know?" The caller answered back.

 

"Told Ya!! Well just intuition...I'm good at that..." Yuri replied excitedly.

 

"Where are you right now?" The caller asked while still busy arranging something from the other line.

 

"You didn't checked my text again..." Yuri saw that someone she's been waiting just some while ago going out of the gate. "...hey gonna pick you up there after this. Check my text please..."

 

"...Okay..."

 

"Bye....Sica" Yuri ended the call quick and walk fastly.

 

"Hey Kid!" Yuri waved her hand at the boy in front of her. The 6 year old boy just keeps blinking his eyes cutely. Until he realized who's that girl in front of him.

 

"Yuwwrriiii!!!!..." The boy hugged her tight, he truly missed her after she just vanished in front of him for a year. Yuri keeps giggling when she saw the little boy's reaction.

 

"Miss me huh?" She carries him in her arms while walking towards her car. The boy replied with showing his small thumb and pointer signaling 'just a little'. Yuri's lips curved sadly.

 

"Are you sure??" She put him at the back seat of her car. "...cause I'm going to your favorite pizza house and I decided to just drive you back to your Mom.." Yuri's eyebrows keep wiggling.

 

"....I miss you Yuwrii..." The kid hug his backpack that was in front of him while making a cute face and big eyes.

 

"Hehe cute Tan-tan.." Yuri ruffles the boy's hair.  "...but I'm still gonna drop at your Mom's office."

 

========================================

 

Sooyoung keeps balancing the cherries on top of her chocolate cake that she baked while someone suddenly backed hugged her. She quickly grab the cherry again and looked angrily at the person who hugged her while still holding the cherry's stem.

 

"You didn't called aiisshh....my cake will be ruined because of you" Sooyoung complained with an angry face. The person quickly ate the cherry that Sooyong was holding.

 

"JUNG KYUNG-HOOOO!!!...that's the last one" she rolled her eyes on him strictly. "...gonna buy again and please you should buy the last one..look ot's not balance!" Sooyoung keep on rolling the cake to see the part where should that last cherry should be placed.

 

"Chill darling...I already picked up our daughter and she's at home now.." He keeps on caressing Sooyoung's arms to calm her down.

 

"What about Tantan?" Sooyoung keeps pouting.

 

"You didn't know? Yuri just came back this morning!" Kyungho laugh with his wife's reaction. Sooyoung quickly find her phone at the table and check their groupchat.

 

"Aiish I'm just too busy with this cake and they're too noisy here..."

 

"Come on darling we should find something to bring for the party later..." Kyungho walks fast to the kitchen room to clean and fix things.

 

"Aiishh fine I'm just gonna bring this sample cake for now..." Sooyoung cleaned her table and looked at the picture frame that was on the wall. It was their graduation pic. She looked at all the faces and stops at Taeyeon standing just only at the right side. Smiling, but she knew that it's the best genuine smile she have seen on her and also the last.

 

=====°°°°=================================

 

"Hyuniee!!!" Yoona shouted that makes Seohyun dropped her pen and keeps on blabbering.

 

"Shhh it's still 4pm and some employees are still here you know?" Seohyun pouted.

 

"Ow sorry. You know you shouldn't make coffee for your temporary boss everyday his nose keeps on smoking heat. Like, maybe next time instead of smoke it will be fire coming out of his nose" Yoona touched her chin while imagining it.

 

"What happen to the meeting?" Seohyun asked while cleaning her desk.

 

"Still that issue. Sales keeps on going down."

 

"He's really just built different unlike Unnie" Seohyun stops and just shake her head.

 

"Still no news about her?"

 

"Zero. Sir Leeteuk didn't receive any messages from her".

 

"Hm. Did you know that he will open another branch?"

 

"Yes he already told me but hopefully before he opens another branch he should just focused on the issue about the sales and his staffs...." Seohyun lean herself on Yoona. ".... Everyday there's always a new face on the company." Yoona hugged her.

 

"It's because of his treatment. We already discuss that at the board. Maybe the insane lost of employees leads to sale loss...." Yoona trying to figure it out.

 

"Yoon? Any news about Mr. Park?"

 

"Zero too Hyun. I really don't know where he is. I felt that Mr. Hwang is already giving up on finding them. It's been 7 years....." Yoona sadly said.

 

"It's ok Yoon..." Seohyun holds her cheeks. "...come on bring me to your favorite coffee shop."

 

=========================================

 

Tiffany closed her laptop and arranged her office table. She leaned herself and checked her phone. There's a text of Yuri that she's with Tantan, Tiffany smiled. Another text comes from Nick, asking what time should he picked her up at the office. Tiffany replied at Yuri but just seen the text of Nick. She sighed deeply. Her relationship with Nick this year seems sinking. How many times she always ask to have a family bonding with him or have a date with just the two of them but Nickhun keeps on cancelling it because of work. She understands but he's not just the one who was working and running a big company, they're both doing it. She looked at the picture frame in the wall just like on Sooyoung's shop. It's been 7 years. She didn't came back from out of town. She just reminisce the past of how happy they are on that day. Suddenly, the door of her office opens that causes to cut her day dreaming.

 

"You didn't replied. I was waiting outside...."

 

"Yeah I didn't..."

 

"Love I'm actually here because I have flight tomorrow with Leeteuk. You know, the new branch we're gonna check the site again...."

 

"Hmm sure..."

 

Nickhun sighed and waves his both hands down. "...so we should going out tonight?" 

 

"Hm sure Nick....

 

"Are you really gonna sign those papers?"

 

Tiffany looked at him. 'Why not?

========================================