Chapter 2 (PA)

Pursuing Affection

"Taeyeon please evaluate this reports from the Busan branch, I needed the final reports after 2 days" Taeyeon's father giving her a bunch of papers before checking his tablet.

-Sighed-"Sir, can I have your time just for 5 minutes?" Her Father looked at her sternly, but giving all his attention for her.

"Dad my..." 

"Taeyeon.."

"Dad I have some projects at school and some of it are already out of date. My teacher approach me yesterday and I.." 

"Taeyeon, we already talk about this. Drop it out and you should be home-schooled" while looking at her sternly in the eyes.

"Father, I just want to experience a normal life before everything happens." Taeyeon just fist her hand hard. Mr Kim let his eyes looked back at his tablet for a while.

"You're already living a normal life Taeyeon and as I already said..." then looking back at her with a stern looked again "Don't let your emotion affects you." 

"Sleep for a while then do the reports early in the morning. Just let me know if you still want to go to school" 

Taeyeon knows that's the end of their talk, she bowed deeply.

"Okay Father" 

Taeyeon walked out of her father's office lifeless, troubled and a wandering mind. She slowly drag her feet going to her room.

'I'm tired of his antics, maybe, yes, this is now my normal life. I just want him to be proud of me, he didn't even praise me when I passed the reports earlier last weekend. I thought that emotionless Kim will be gone now why is it that he's coming back.'

She sit at the side of her bed while holding her head with her both hands.

'He just want the best of me, I know, I think something triggers again why he comes back or... someone?' Taeyeon intertwined her both hands and lean it on her face.

Her phone suddenly beeped for a new message, getting her phone.

I forgot to tell you earlier, I want you to accompany me to Busan tomorrow at 9 am sharp, we'll visit our new building. Sleep early Taeyeon. -Kim, H.

'Arrghhh can't go to school again'

Another beeped for a new message

TaeTae, are you still awake? -Pink Fany

'Oh, what's with her?'

Yes mushroom? - Blue TaeTae

Pink Fany calling, suddenly flashed on her screen.

"Hi Taeee!!" Tiffany loudly called her name which causes her to stay away her phone on her ear.

"Geez Fany why so still loud and energetic?, it's time to sleep you know." Tiffany pouted at the other side hugging her plushy.

"Hehehe, sorry, just can't sleep. I'm still thinking if you really talk about it with Uncle"

"Fany I already talk about it with him and I'm still thinking of what should I do, he thinks differently again...."

"Tae don't push yourself to hard. You know, you already did your best. You're my amazing Taetae you know. Just gave him time to appreciate what you've done."  Taeyeon smiled, Tiffany really have that words and vibes that calms her down and forgot all her problems for a while.

"Thanks Fany, thank you for being always there for me." Tiffany blushed and squeezed her plushy hard. 'Oh my Taetae, you should just marry me so that I'll be there with you forever' Tiffany caught up on her imagination again.

"Fany? Fanyyyy, still there?"

"Yes baby, I mean TaeTaeee?!" Tiffany internally face palmed.

"By the way, can I have a favor again?"

"Yes sure!" 'I'm gonna do all of it baby just for you' Tiffany weirdly thinks again.

"Will you tell our teacher that I'm gonna file an excuse letter for 3 days tomorrow?"

"3 days?!!! TaeTae where are you going??" 'Geez that's too long, oh my heart, I'm gonna miss you so much'

"Hey calm down, it was just 3 days"

"Aissh, fine, 3 days, but call me everyday and don't ever forget to text me. Where are you going by the way?" 'Geez, I can't protect her from the craving girls and boys. I'm really gonna ripped them off if they touched my Taeyeon'

"My father wants me to accompany him to Busan. He wanted me to see our new branch building."

"TaeTae.." Tiffany defeatedly whispered.

"Yes mushroom?"

"Did you changed your mind about dropping out? Cause I think you're slowly going in that direction"

"Fany, uhm, I'm still thinking about it. Actually, he mentioned that again earlier. It's really hard for me now that I'm a 3rd year student."

"I'm sorry TaeTae for the pressure that you keep shouldering right now. I'm just here if you want some help"

"Hm you're already a great help right now Fany" 

"Hm should I just let you sleep now? I guess Uncle give you some reports again."

"Hm yeah, you're right, you realy know it. I'm gonna hang up now. Good night Fany" Taeyeon lay down her back.

"Good night TaeTae" call ended

Oh the other side, '..and I love you' *Sigh* 'When will you notice me TaeTae?' Tiffany just sleep and hug her favorite plushy Totoro that Taeyeon gave.

==============

FLASHBACK

"Taeyeon meet Tiffany your Uncle Donghae's   daughter" Mr Kim pushed her daughter a little bit.

"Hi" little Taeyeon just waved her hands but head down looking at the marble floor.

"Hi TaeeTtt" Mr Hwang chuckled then bend down holding his daughter's cute hands.

"It's Taeyeon princess"

"Hae it's okay, Hi Tiffany" Mr Kim holds Taeyeon's both shoulder and smiled.

"You can call her TaeTae, her brother Jiwoong have some hard time speaking her name too"

little Tiffany eye smiled " Hi TaeTae!"  Taeyeon still didn't face Tiffany and just watch the interesting marble floor.

"Taeyeon please accompany miss Tiffany to your room" 

"Yes Father"

"Come on" Taeyeon smiled a little then opened her hands so Tiffany will hold it.

The two little kids just run to Taeyeon's room and played all day.

==

Tiffany at 8 yrs old at the park

"Hahahaha you're too fat, why are you always wear pink dresses so you can look like a pig? Bwahaha that make sense" 

Four boys are all over her, she's trapped in a wall and she's crying too hard she hug her small plush Totoro dearly.

"Please stay away from me"

"Aww poor kid, let me have that Totoro, I'm gonna give that to my sister" He suddenly snatched the right arm of her plushy but she hold the left arm hardly.

"Please!!! nooo!!!" 

"Aiishh this kid" The kid pushed her hard so she can let go of the plushy which causes her to stumble backwards, but still she have her Totoro with no right arm. 

"Come on! Help me get the plushy!"

Little Tiffany curled up on the ground protecting her Totoro dearly. The two of them managed to hold Tiffany's arm but Tiffany keeps kicking and one of the kids hold Tiffany's dress. She kicked him hard which causes him to stumble back and tear the dress.

Little Taeyeon with her body guard just done buying ice cream, she excitedly run fast to Tiffany's location with her bodyguard behind but when she's near to Tiffany she heard some commotion. "Uncle, Uncle, Uncle help!" Taeyeon keeps waving at her bodyguard while running.

She run fast and shouted "Stooopppp!"

The four kids looked at her direction. Taeyeon throw hard the vanilla ice cream at the face of the first kid that holding Tiffany's Totoro. She throws the strawberry ice cream still on the face of the second kid that tore Tiffany's dress. The two kids who holds Tiffany's arms run away fast while the two kids that have ice cream on their faces just stand there with angry faces.

Little Taeyeon standing tall 1 meter away from them. "Stay away from her!!!" 

The two kids suddenly run away frightenedly.

"Hmp, cowards" Taeyeon didn't know that her Uncle John the bodyguard is already at her back that causes the two kids to run cowardly. Taeyeon drag her feet on where Tiffany is.

"Fany!!" Taeyeon get the ripped Totoro and hold Tiffany's hand.

"TaeTae!!!" Tiffany hugs Taeyeon tight while crying hard.

"Thank you TaeTae" she whispered weakly and looked at Taeyeon like she's her hero.

"Sorry, I'm here now Fany" Taeyeon keeps rubbing her back.

"I protected our Totoro TaeTae"

"Hmm you've done a great job Fany" Tiffany blushed.

==

Taeyeon at 10 yrs. old

She cried hard standing and her father is kneeling while her mother and brother slowly buried at the ground. She fist her hand and she's shaking like she's gonna break. Tiffany slowly hug her from the back and holds her fisted hand dearly. She cried with her. Tiffany promised that day she will never leave Taeyeon.

FLASHBACK END

====

"TaeTae" Tiffany whispered. There's a lone tear while she closed her eyes, hugging her big Totoro plushy.

​​​​​