Switch-18

Yoona's Nexus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Day Seventeen…

 

It was like some force made Yoona to get her consciousness back. She slowly moved her hands and felt that someone was holding it. She opened eyes and adjusted her vision from the blinding light. The white ceiling; the plain walls; and a familiar scent that she hated the most since her mother left was all that she could still see and greeted her as of the moment.

 

A fact about Yoona that no one knows except her, she loathed hospitals. Everything that describes hospitals was on her hate list. She had made a promised to herself that she won’t ever set her foot on the place. It would only remind her that the person she loved the most which should be taking care of her instead of her sister who also longed for that person, left them. 

 

It pains her every time she remembered one of her classmates during grade school would be absent from the class because he or she was sick and then she will hide her envy when one of their mothers would come to school to tell their adviser that their child was sick though it was not necessary because telecommunications existed for a reason but they still made an effort to come and no one ever did that for her. It was the reason why she never let herself to get sick and be stuck inside the hospital with only her sister who’s just a year older than her. Don’t get the wrong idea, she love her sister but it’s just that she wish at least one of her parents would also be there taking care of her, she wish her mother would be there taking care of her like she always do back when she’s still with them.

 

It’s pretty ironic how she made her body like a huge bullet proof vest just to save her father from getting shot without thinking that it could lead her to either hospital or to grave.

 

She travelled her gaze down to her hand which was currently latched onto someone’s hands. The person’s head was resting on Yoona’s hand. Yoona’s gaze met with the person’s eyes once the latter looked up.

 

“U-Umma.” Yoona’s scrawny calling once she recognized the face of the person in front of her. The person she longed to be with. It was no other than her mother, Na Young, who lunged herself towards her while her tears were flowing down freely on her cheeks.

 

“Is this some kind of a dream?” Yoona asked she, herself, doesn’t know what to feel. It was surreal for her that it’s difficult to believe. Na Young leaned out a bit to cup her daughter’s face that she misses so much.

 

“Baby? U-Umma’s here.” She felt a lump on while uttering those words, she felt ashamed of herself. Does she even have the right to call herself a mother? Just like the last time, she saw her daughter crying.

 

“You are crying. I’m sorry baby. I left for so long. I understand if you hate me but can I at least ask some favor to hold you and hug you?” She wiped those tears on Yoona’s cheeks.

 

‘So it’s real?’

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter