Love is... Weird pt.1

PLEASE BE HAPPY,FOR ME...(Drabbles^^)

"Wake up, you sleepyhead, "the dimpled male groaned as he felt a cushion pillow hit him right on his face before forcing his eyes opened. 

"Ugh hyung... Let me sleep for a little while. I came back late last night, "Hongbin rubbed his eyes sleepily, a pout was visible on his face. Taekwoon rolled his eyes to the back in annoyance. 

"And I'm clearly not risking losing my job just because you're feeling sleepy, Lee Hongbin. It's the day-"he took another cushion pillow and whack it right at the younger's head, making the shorter male grunted in displeasure. 

"Hakyeon told me he's free today. Damn, be grateful that I helped you, you dimwit! Now wake your lazy up! I don't want to get late, "Hongbin stomped his feet in annoyance( more resembled  himself how a child he is)  before walking groggily to the bathroom. Also with the feeling of wanting to strangle his bestfriend for making him wake up during this hour. 

"Dress nicely! "

"I fuvking heard you don't need to shout you old man! "

"Yah! "

 

"Smile, "Taekwoon glanced sideways at the male beside him before focusing on the road. Hongbin crossed his arms across his chest, deepening the frown on his face. 

"I'm sleepy, hyung.. ."he whined and Taekwoon glared menacingly at him. 

"I warned you not to spend the whole night with your boyfriend when you perfectly knew you have a work to attend the next day, didn't I?  Clearly not my fault, "he pulled over as soon as he reached the cafe. 

"Hakyeon would love to hire someone like you, so smile a bit. Plus, you said so that you needed a job. I'm literally helping you here, "he quirked an eyebrow at the latter before walked out of the car and Hongbin puffed out a distress whine. Ugh... 

 

He and Hongbin had been friend since birth, both their parents so close to each other. It's a miracle that their friendship still lasts until now, not to mention that the younger literally dragged himself to stay in the same house with him the moment he heard Taekwoon got a job in the city. Fortunate or not, he was able to get a job while Hongbin none. Instead, he got himself a boyfriend, Wonshik. Taekwoon was perfectly fine with the younger's relationship but somehow getting impatient soon when Hongbin tends to spend all the money he had to go having fun with Wonshik and not even bothering to fill up their dying fridge. So Taekwoon made a deal.

Hongbin has to work if he wanted to stay at the house and may left if he don't want to. And Hongbin knew perfectly well that every single words came out fron Taekwoon's mouth is mandatory and he wouldn't risk his sorry to sleep on the cold street at night. Not when he have a house to sleep in. 

*************************************************

"Taekwoon hyung~~~"The said male rolled his eyes before humming in response. He could feel a figure approaching him from behind and it does not take a genius to know who was it, judging from the skipping sound. 

"Hyung, I saw a very handsome man walked into Hakyeon's office earlier. I wonder if Hakyeon hyung is cheating behind our Hyuk? "Taekwoon managed to knock the younger's head with the cutlery he had in his hand at the ridiculousness spat by Jaehwan. 

"Stop meddling with someone else business and just focus on yours, "Jaehwan pouted before his eyes caught a tall figure entering the kitchen. He was eager to follow the lad before Taekwoon stopped him by the wrist. He sighed. Damn why do you have to become so nosy Lee Jaehwan.. 

"It's Hongbin. My roommate. He's trying to get a job here and I think Hakyeon wanted to hire him. Stop spitting your nonsense everywhere, especially towards Sanghyuk. That kid barely able to change his uniform yet. Clear? "Jaehwan grinned that stupid grin, the kind when a mother forgive her kids when they did something stupid and Taekwoon rolled his eyes again. 

"Ahh... I almost spread rumors there~ Thanks hyung, mmuahh~~"he made that weird kissing sound and Taekwoon was so close to kick the latter on the . 

"Get out of my sight and change the sign. We're opened for today, "Jaehwan laughed out heartily at the threat before walking away happily. Sanghyuk walked in with his brows quirking. 

"Did I missed something? "

"No, you don't, "

 

"You can start today, "

"Sorry? "

"You heard me. You can change into your uniform and I'll make sure to tell Taekwoon to help you, "Hongbin blinked his big doe eyes in confusion. 

"But.. I thought you're going to interview me-"

"I already did. Through Taekwoon's judgement. I'm not sure if you're aware of our friendship but I believe in him when he convinced me to take you in, "Hongbin nodded slowly. He do acknowledge that Hakyeon is Taekwoon's close friend when they were studying in university. It's just he didn't know that they were this close to trust each other. 

"Thank you. I'll be sure to work hard and diligent, "he bowed politely and Hakyeon shrugged it off with a light laugh. 

"You better be and no need to address me formally though. We are all family here, "Hongbin nodded, this time with a wide smile. 

 

"Why the hell you make your friend sounded liek a bloody crazy murderer when he's actually not? "Hongbin questioned the older male while changing into his uniforms. Finally a job~

"He's not? I think he's that scary, "Taekwoon spoke with that monotonous voice of his and Hongbin just had to throw the older an unbelievable look. 

"You make your own friends sounds dirty, hyung, "

"Am not. Just showcasing my friendship with Hakyeon. When you finished, come to the front counter, "the older male walked away and Hongbin pouted. Taekwoon is so serious during his work. 

 

Hongbin is a fast learner and he was more than glad that his coworkers are so nice to him. But there's this one person that he always getting wary of. The tall and boyish looking person. As if on cue, he heard, Taekwoon calling out the latter's name. 

"Sanghyuk, table 2!" The latter nodded before doing his task. He watched the female customers that swoon over the latter and chuckled. He focuses on wiping the empty table before he heard some coos behind him. Frowning, he turned around only to see Sanghyuk tying the strap of Taekwoon's apron to the back since the older was so occupied with his hands. 

He quirked an eyebrow when he noticed his best friend's stoic face turned into a frown when he noticed the customers cooing at them. He talked something, it was inaudible for Hongbin who stood three metres away from them but then he saw Sanghyuk chuckled. Then hebwalked back into the kitchen section. Hongbin didn't notice that he was clutching at the rag so hard the moment his phone rang. Wonshik! 

 

"Thanks for earlier. And what the hell with them just now, "Taekwoon sighed and Hyuk laughed. 

"They clearly thought about us being a couple from the way I see it, "

"What couple?? "Both males turned thier heads around and Hyuk smiled at the approaching figure. 

"Me and Taekwoon hyung, "Hakyeon frowned and Hyuk laughed at the sight. 

"The customer thing ~"Hakyeon pouted before wrapping an arm around the younger's waist, whining softly. 

"They should know that we are together, "

"Not necessary I guess. We're going to head out soon, are you staying? "Taekwoon nodded at the question before his eyes roamed around. 

"Looking for your roommate? I think I saw him with a guy outside. Who is he? "Taekwoon hummed in acknowledgement before resuming washing the dirty plates. 

"His boyfriend. Why? "

 

"Congrats, babe. Should we celebrate it tonight? "Wonshik watched his boyfriend who frowned at the suggestion. 

"I'm not so sure though. Might as well have to stay a bit late for tonight, since this is my first day. Next time? "Wonshik nodded before pulling the male to his feet. 

"Come, let me treat you, "Hongbin laughed at his boyfriend's words. 

"In the cafe I worked? "

"Why not? "

************************************************

Jaehwan kept his eyes locked on the same male that cane to the cafe almost three times in a week and flirted with his coworkers. Odd enough,Hongbin was smiling so brightly at the latter,not even once looking at Taekwoon.

"Jaehwan?"

"Hyung? "

"What? " Hakyeon raised a brow at the younger who was sounding all serious out of the blue. 

"Look at them. Don't you feel sorry for Taekwoon hyung? "Hakyeon looked at the pair that Jaehwan motioned him to and frowned. 

"What's with Taekwoon anyway? "

"Taekwoon hyung likes Hongbin,right? But Hongbin got himself a boyfriend instead,"

"Taekwoon likes him?" Hakyeon stared at the younger in disbelief.

"I don't,"the cold voice resonated behind them managed to make both of the males jumped on their feet. Taekwoon glared menacingly at Jaehwan who was cowering a little at the gaze.

"Stop minding someone else business Lee Jaehwan,"

"I'm not.I'm just concerned about you,"

"Then you don't have to. Cause I don't have a single feeling for my bestfriend aka the one that I knew since birth. Is that clear enough?" Jaehwan puffed out an angry puff before stomping his feet.

"No,I don't!" he walked away in anger,leaving both Hakyeon and Taekwoon at the counter. Hakyeon sighed at the younger's behaviour.

 

Jaehwan's eyes was roaming around and once he caught Hongbin standing near enough to hear them,he walked towards Taekwoon.

"Taekwoonie~~~"he slung an arm around the older's broad shoulder and he was positive that Hongbin saw him.

"The anger subsided already?" Taekwoon smiled bemusedly and Jaehwan was more than glad that he have such a weird anger management. He stick his body closer to the older male,chin resting on Taekwoon's shoulder. Anyone who saw them in that position would say that they are a couple,with no doubt. He grinned to himself.

"Taekwoon hyung!" the mentioned male spun his head around and Jaehwan almost broke into laughter seeing Hongbin's pissed face.

"What?" Hongbin stammered,he was at loss for words.Heck,he didn't even know why he called the older just now. He just can't stand looking at Jaehwan flirted with his bestfriend.

"Err...t- Table 1! They complained about their foods. Is it done yet?" Taekwoon frowned before turning his head to the side,locking eyes with Jaehwan.

"Lee Jaehwan..." The male smiled sheepishly before slowly and forcefully distancing himself from Taekwoon.

"Oops,my bad~" he makes that weird kissing sound again with the gesture of flying kiss before disappeared into the kitchen. Taekwoon turned his head again to his bestfriend, brow quirking. 

"What's with that look? "

"What look? "Taekwoon quirked a small smile and Hongbin felt a sense of pride swell within him. I made him smile~

"The one you gave to Jaehwan earlier. You literally wanted to rip his throat or something. He's older than you, anyway, " Hongbin frown when the older male emphasis on Jaehwan's rank. 

"I didn't know you like the touchy touchy stuffs, "Taekwoon chuckled. 

"I don't. Jaehwan just do whatever he likes and no one is able to stop him. What an alien.. "The younger doe-like eyes widen in surprise. 

"Even you? " the older nodded and Hongbin could felt his chest constricted at the information. 

"He's actually a kind kid. And very energetic one too. Full of nonsense and aegyo, "Taekwoon laughed a bit and Hongbin had to excuse himself, using the customer in order to not let his mouth slipped some foul words. ​​​​Him getting angry because of Taekwoon praising Jaehwan is something he never pictured before. He's freaking mad right now. 

 

​​​​​​To :Hongbinnie

Babe, wanna go out for some drinks later? After you finished work, of course. 

To :Wonshik

Sure, can't wait^^

​​​​​​Hongbin cleared the table diligently before moving to their kitchen. He saw Hakyeon approaching and smiled at the latter. 

"Hey, do you see Hyuk? "Hongbin quirked an eyebrow at the question. 

"Not sure. Maybe he went to change his uniform, " Hakyeon nodded as he watched the other cleaning the utensils diligently. 

"That brat doesn't even know to look at his phone, "an audible sigh left Hakyeon's lip and Hongbin couldn't keep his curiosity anymore. 

"You seemed very fond of Hyuk. It's.. admirable? "He smiled awkwardly and Hakyeon laughed out loud. 

"That kid lives with me... "Hongbin nodded as his eyes flashed at the memories of Taekwoon and Hyuk's sweet scene. 

"Also because he's my boyfriend, "he nodded again before his eyes widened in realization. 

"Wait, what? "

"Hakyeon hyung~"both males turned their head at the source of voice as a smile stretched across Hakyeon's face happily. 

"Hyuk ah~let's go, "he wrapped an arm around the younger's waist and Hyuk smiled with that crinckled eyes of his, making him look less fearless, at least for Hongbin. 

"Aren't you going home, hyung? "Hongbin was taken off guard by the sudden question before quickly nodded, telling that he wanted to clean up before he leaves. 

"Ahh.. No need to do them all. Taekwoon hyung is doing overtime and Jaehwan hyung has also volunteered to help. Let's head out together, I can give you a lift, "Hongbin's big eyes turned even rounder and wider at each words that came out from Hyuk. 

"So Taekwoon hyung... Jaehwan hyung will keep him company? Tonight?! "

"Yes... " the couple looked at each other before turning their head to the dimpled male again. 

"It's okay. I'll go home later. You two can go first, "he forced a smile on his face and the couple nodded in acknowledgement before bidding their farewell. 

What in the world... He simply couldn't let Jaehwan with Taekwoon alone. He won't! 

 

From : Hongbinnie

​​​​​​Sorry, I need to work overtime. There's sudden emergency. So sorry. Promise I'll make it up to you later. 

​​​​​​Wonshik stared at the screen of his phone, teeth biting on his bottom lip. He replied with some forgiving words and a love emoji before switching the phone to the silent mode. He let out an audible sigh,fingers raking through his hair. This. This attitude of his boyfriend is the one he can't really tolerate.

Ever since Hongbin gotten the job, thety spent their time less. Knowing that he worked at the same place with that Taekwoon guy, he's more than bitter. He knew that they're bestfriends but heck, he did notice the look Taekwoon was giving to Hongbin.

Somehow,sooner or later Hongbin would left him because of Taekwoon and he is definitely not good with breakups. He needs to prepare himself for the worst. He turned his head to the female whose hand had been resting on his thigh for a while, a meaningful smirk was obvious on his face. 

"Guess we have all the night ~"he dove in for a heated kiss and the blaring music in the club drowned him in with the lust. He needs distraction...

*************************************************

Jaehwan had to surpressed his giggling at Hongbin's hawk eyes. The latter literally planted a GPS inside Taekwoon's head, he's everywhere the moment Jaehwan wanted to flirt with the older male. so ing obvious. 

"Taekwoonie hyung~"he could feel Hongbin's head turned towards him in millisecond, judging his gestures. Jaehwan had to bit his bottom lips hard to not let his laughter erupt. 

"Why? "He heard the older response from the store room before smirking devilishly. Spinning his head around, he flashed his cutesy smile toward the dimpled male. 

"Hongbin, could you please check the counter area again? I think Taekwoon hyung left some stuffs there, "

"Hmm, "the younger walked away with no words, leaving Jaehwan to smile to himself. Jaehwan walked silently to the store room before letting out a small chuckle. Plan A start! 

 

Hongbin frowned before his gaze roamed around the cafe, searching for the blonde male earlier. He gritted his teeth in annoyance when Jaehwan had told him to waste his precious time to look after something that wasn't even there from beginning. 

'Just where the hell he is? 'He grumbled to himself before his eyes stopped at the store room. Could it be... 

He tiptoed, walking ever so slow approaching the door. He peaked through the door and from the dim light, he could see two figures sitting side by side, close to each other. Both males giggled as they spoke in hushed tone before Jaehwan casually let his head rest on Taekwoon's shoulder. 

"Jaehwan just do whatever he likes and no one will be able to stop him... "Hongbin felt his jaw clenched at their proximity before went to the table, slamming it hard. He could heard Taekwoon's yelling from the store room. 

"Yah, Lee Hongbin! What was that? "

"There's this giant musquito, hyung! Hurry up, I'm sleepy already! "Taekwoon shook his head before frowning at the younger's remark. 

"Mosquito? " Jaehwan giggled before pushing the older male to his feet. 

"Just go home, hyung. That kid must be really tired. Don't worry, I'll finish this," Taekwoon nodded absent-mindedly before thanking the younger. He walked out of the store, only to be greeted by the sight of his moody bestfriend. He went to ruffle the younger's hair gently. 

"Come, let's go home, " The word home never sounded really nice in Hongbin's ears that time. 

 

"I thought you're going to see Wonshik after work. What happened? "Hongbin shrugged as he let his eyes wandered put of the windows. 

"Hyung.. "

"Hmm? "

"We promised not to keep secrets from each other, right? "Taekwoon flinched at the serious tone in the younger's voice before nodded. 

"Yeah. What's with it?  You got something to tell me? "Hongbin shook his head before turning his gaze at the older male. 

"How about you? "The taller male frowned before chuckled. "I have no secret, Hongbin ah, "

"How about Jaehwan hyung? "

"What's with him anyway? "Taekwoon pulled over once they reached their house but neither of then make the effort of coming out of the car. Hongbin bit his bottom lips before croaking his question. 

"Are you in relationship with him? Do you love him? " Taekwoon blinked his eyes rapidly in confusion at the absurd question. 

"Hongbin...do you perhaps, being jealous right now? " Hongbin's eyes widened in horror as rhe realization struck him. 

"I.. I.. "