Nemesis Pt. 1

PLEASE BE HAPPY,FOR ME...(Drabbles^^)

in which Taekwoon and Hongbin were long time friends but never managed to get along well


Jung Taekwoon and Lee Hongbin were friends since childhood, living next to each other and forcefully played with each other during their childhood times. Yes, they were forced to as both of their parents are good friends and they vowed to see their children grew up together. Albeit both of the boys complaining about being uncomfortable about each other presence, the good friends never gave up on their children. 

 

"Ooh...pretty boy.Do you want to hang out with us after school?"Hongbin blinked his eyes rapidly when he realised an arm was slung over his shoulder.Lee Jaehwan,his senior in basketball club.Hongbin smiled at the latter while nodded,lips was about to reply the male when suddenly a voice beat him to it.

"Lee Jaehwan,what did I told you about him?" Jaehwan clicked his tongue,slightly frowning at the sudden 'intruder'.Hongbin scrunched up his face in disgust upon hearing the other male's voice.Jung Taekwoon,his biggest enemy. Hongbin quickly spun his head towards Jaehwan,smile not leaving his face.

"I'm totally free after school,hyung. You can count me in for the practice!" He chirped happily at the elder before realising the frown and confused look on his senior's face.Taekwoon sighed out loudly.

"They are not practicing.They are asking you to join them to go the arcade,Lee Hongbin.What a dumb," Hongbin already felt his face on fire,cheeks burning from the embarassment.He wished that the ground will open and swallow him up the moment he heard the others laughing at him.

"Yah, Lee Jaehwan.That's enough.You shouldn't be asking him about that,he is the top student here.He just won't let us waste his precious time.Just go," Taekwoon sneered at the dimpled boy before shoving Jaehwan and his friends away from the younger. Hongbin clenched his fist in anger at Taekwoon's mocking voice. 'God,I hate him so much!!'

 

"That ! "Hongbin slammed his books on the table hard,making his best friend to jolt back from his sleep.Wonshik rubbed his eyes with a frown on his forehead.

"What the hell,Lee Hongbin?!" Wonshik was about to give his best freind a tongue lashing before he reallised that the dimpled boy was indeed fuming with anger,judging from his bright red tip of ears.He slowly reached out  for Hongbin's back, it gently.

"Yah,are you okay?" Hongbin gritted his teeth in annoyance before plopping himself down on the chair,feeling the frustrations started to kick in.He turned his face towards his best friend,eyes looking glassy with cheeks a bit red.

"Bin ah,what's wrong dude?"

"That ing Jung Taekwoon! Can't he leave me alone for a second?!" Hongbin clenched his fist hard,ready to hit everything that comes in his way.Wonshik immediately stood up,hands already balled into a fist.Hongbin stared at his best friend in bewilderment.

"Where the hell is that guy? I'm going to punch the hell out of him!"Hongbin facepalmed himself at Wonshik's exaggerated action,forcefully pulling the younger down.

"What are you doing? People are watching!"

"Let them be! That Jung Taekwoon,he thought being a senior is that great,huh?"

"It's indeed a great thing,Wonshik ah..." Hongbin sighed to himself,regretting every moments he tried being nice towards the elder.Jung Taekwoon is a quiet person,but he would be exceptionally loud when it comes to piss Hongbin.Despite having parents that are best friends,the same thing did not apply to both of them.Jung Taekwoon and Lee Hongbin is very different,totally different.And their differences makes them to not be able to get along well as long as their existence.

 

Hongbin stared hard at the celing of his room.His mind wandered off to his conversation with Wonshik just now.

"Hongbin,fight back!" 

"Huh?"

"Be more rebellious.Show to him that you're not that easy to be bullied by him," Hongbin glared at his best friend before pouting a bit.Taekwoon is not a bully,he's just annoying.

"I have an image to protect,Wonshik ah.The teachers are counting on me-"

"I don't ask you to be rebellious to everyone.Just be rebellious  only towards Taekwoon hyung.That's all," Wonshik looked at the boy while flicking his eyebrows.

"I'll think about it..."

 

 

 

 "Don't forget to wait for each other before going home!" Hongbin could faintly heard Mrs.Jung's voice from the Jung's house.It has been a duty for them to go and came back from school together.That is also why he is the one that always end up waiting for the elder in front of his house as Taekwoon always having trouble waking up early in the morning.

"Mom,I have football practice today.We might not be able to come home together," Hongbin shook his head at Taekwoon's dishevelled hair while the latter rushly put on his sneakers. The moment their eyes met,Hongbin immediately turned his face away,the anger that subsided yesterday just surfaced.

"Is it safe for Binnie to come home alone?" Mrs Jung looked at the dimpled boy with concern.Hongbin smiled at the woman while bowing his head in approval.

"He is not a kid anymore,mom.He can protect himself,right?" Hongbin's body stiffen when Taekwoon suddenly patted his head while smirking.He glared at the elder when Mrs Jung was not watching them and quickly pried Taekwoon's hand away,making the elder to crack a laugh.Oh,how he wish he could wipe off that smug grin from Taekwoon's face!

 

 'Be rebellious only towards Taekwoon hyung,' The words keep echoing in Hongbin's head,making him to glare at the elder while walking behind him.He glared hard that he thought he might burn a hole on Taekwoon's head when suddenly the latter spun his body around,throwing Hongbin his bag.Luckily,the practice in basketball club paid off when he managed to catch the bag quickly.

"What's wrong with you,hyung?!" Taekwoon quirked an eyebrow at Hongbin's fuming tone.Hongbin was never retaliate when he got piss off.Seeing this side of Hongbn for the first time somehow triggered something inside Taekwoon.

"What?"

"I might fell just now and you might get your bag torn," Taekwoon chuckled at Hongbin's words.He walked towards the younger,leaning his body closer to the younger while Hongbin backed away a little.

"But you catched mine,right? You don't even fall.."Taekwoon smirked while continued walking,leaving the younger in a daze.

"Why the hell am I holding this bag for you??!!" 

 

 

"Hongbin!!!" The mentioned latter spun his face around,eyes meeting with the owner of the oh so famous screeching voice.Cha Hakyeon,Jung Taekwoon's classmate and his best friend a.k.a soulmates.Hongbin just can't figure out how did the two become best friends since their behaviour is so opposite.

"What is it,hyung?" Hakyeon smiled sweetly before pinching Hongbin's cheeks lightly.Hakyeon is really an affectionate persn.Everybody will have to experience his love and it will be hard to escape from it,whether you like it or not.

"Can you do me a favor?" Hongbin frowned at the sudden request.

"What is it?"

"Promise me that you will help me,"

"You gotta tell me what is it about first,hyung..."

"Promise first!" Hongbin heaved a sigh at the elder's stuborness before agreed to it.Halyeon clapped his hands happily before pulling the younger into a hug.

"So,what is it?"

"You just joined me for a summer camp! Isn't that great?" Hngbin chuckled at Hakyeon's eagerness.Sometimes,this hyung just don't act like his age at all.

"Although I don't even know what have I gotten myself into,I hope it will be fun..."

"Fun-ish.Why are you inviting him,Hakyeon?" Hongbin ears perked up at the most recogniseable and hateful voice on earth.Hakyeon pouted before clinging towards his best friend.

"Oh,come on,Woonie.This must be fun.Plus,I don't see a reason why I can't ask him to join us.." Hongbin huffed an angry puff while collecting his books angrily.

"It's okay,Hakyeon hyung.Seems like I could not join you for the camp," Hongbin smiled apologetically at the elder while glaring menacingly towards the taller male.Hakyeon pouted before grabbing the dimpled boy by neck.

"Yah! You promised me already.Don't be such a coward,Lee Hongbin.And you! Jung Taekwoon,we need to have a serious talk," Hakyeon smiled at the younger before walking away with Taekwoon,linking their arms together.

 

"Yah,for how long are you going to do this?" Taekwoon shrugged while playing with the his pencil,writing something on his notebook.

"Forever?" that answer caused him to earn a smack from his best friend.Taekwoon frowned when Hakyeon suddenly leaned closer to him,whispering something that makes his face turns red.

"You like him,don't you?"

"Nonsense!"

 

 *************************************************************************************

"Hakyeon,you didn't mention that they're going to be here too," Taekwoon whispered to his best friend while eyeing a group of boys that is also known as his enemy.

"Mianhae,Taekwoon ah..I knew that other school are joining,but I have no idea that they would come here as well..." Hakyeon looked worried as he realised that the leader of the group was watching them intensely.Hakyeon turned at his best friend.

"Please be careful,"

"I will..."

 

 "Excuse me,are you Jung Taekwoon's close friend?" Hongbin frowned as he spun his head around,eyes meeting an unfamiliar face.He cocked his head to the side before answering the question.

"Just friends.Not the close one.Why?" The other boy smiled at him before reaching out his hand at him.Hongbin stared at the outstretched palm in bewilderment.

"Nice to meet you.I'm Minhyuk and you're Hongbin,right?"

"How do you know my name?"

"Actually,we are very observant about Taekwoon's friends.Do you mind if I ask you to follow me for a while?" Hongbin quirked an eyebrow at the sudden request,contempating to follow the stranger.But since this guy knew Taekwoon,Hongbin thought that it should not be a big deal.So,he followed him.

 

 

 "Woon-ah,did you see Hongbin?" Taekwoon frowned before shaking his head,eyes looking at his best friend full of concern.

"I thought he was with Hyuk.Why?" Hakyeon just shook his head while faking a smile before walking towards the younger.

"Hyukkie! Where is Hongbin? Shouldn't he be with you right now?" Hyuk scratched the back of his head while smiling apologetically. 

"Yeah, but I asked him to get us some water. Speaking of which, it's weird since he hasn't come back yet. There is no way Hongbin hyung could lost, right? " hearing the younger's explanation, Hakyeon eyes roamed around, searching for the figures. 

"Damn! They are not here too! " Hakyeon bit his lips worriedly before walking back to his best friend. He swore, he got such a bad feeling about this. 

 

"Where are we and why are you taking me here? " Hongbin's eyes roamed around, scanning his surrounding. His heart started to beat, rapidly when he realised that they are not alone, in fact he didn't even know who these guys are. 

"Err.. Minhyuk?" The mentioned latter sppun his body around, smirking at the lost reaction of the dimpled boy. 

"Nice catch, Minhyuk. He could be very useful for us... " Hongbin's eyes shook in fear as the guys started to walk towards him, circling him while staring in some unknown manners. His eyes fixed on the Minhyuk guy who was laughing at him. 

"Wh-who are you?! "Hongbin flinched when a hand suddenly sneaked around his slim waist. 

"Easy there pretty boy, the game was just about to begin... "