Cupid [Final]

PLEASE BE HAPPY,FOR ME...(Drabbles^^)

"Ugh... My head hurts.. "He groaned as he tossed on the bed, fluttering his eyes open to see the sweet face of his boyfriend instead of Taekwoon sleeping next to him. Taekwoon?! 

His eyes casted downwards, slowly but full of worry when he realised that both of them were shirtless. He heaved out a sigh of relief when they still have their pants on. A small grunt was heard from his side and soon Taekwoon fluttered his eyes opened. 

"You awake? "The hoarse voice caught Hongbin off guard as he already used to listen to the older soft voice. 

"Y-yes. How... did we end up here? "Taekwoon rubbed his eyes, driving the sleepiness away as he sit up straight, avoiding eye contact upon looking at the younger's bare upper body. 

"You were drunk and puked on my shirt, "the words came out naturally with the monotonous tone of his, making the younger to whimper in embarrassment. 

"Ugh, how on earth I got drunk.. "

"Well, you won't if you paid enough attention on how many times you-"a sudden feeling of dejavu hit Taekwoon hard, reminding him of the same situation two years ago. 

"How on earth I ended up here?! "

"Calm down lady...you literally puked on my shirt and I swear to God nothing happened last night, "Taekwoon ran his fingers through his hair as the dimpled female hastily wearing her sweater. 

"Just how much did I drank to get this knocked out? "

"Well, obviously it's quite a lot since you were literally blurting out about your boyfriend, "the female turned wide eyes at the words before biting her lips, dimples indenting on both sides of her cheeks. 

"EX-BOYFRIEND, "

 

"Hyung? Do you hear me? "Taekwoon shook the memory out of his head before averting his gaze towards the dimpled male. No, he's not a rebound. He's just her brother and I have Hyuk already. Hayoung is dead! 

"Huh? " Hongbin smiled in amusement at the latter confused state. 

"I was asking if you have any spare shirt in your car? I was thinking of taking your soiled shirt to clean, "Taekwoon nodded absent-mindedly at the younger's words. 

"Hongbin ah, do you perhaps... "

"Yes? "

"Gay? "

 

 

"I'll do the laundry today, "Hakyeon hummed in acknowledge at his boyfriend's words as he continued with his cooking. 

Hongbin stared at the shirt absent mindedly upon remembering the older's question earlier. 

"Do you perhaps... gay? "

"What's with the sudden question, hyung? "

"Just... Will you answer me? "

"It's a secret~"

​​​​​​Just why did he ask about my uality preferences? Was he feeling guilty of forgetting noona? Does that mean.. He's meeting someone else now? 

Hongbin shook his head vigorously, reminding himself not to into other problems. Taekwoon must be worrying about something. He should...comfort him, right? Since Taekwoon hyung almost becoming part of his family two years ago... 

 

 

"Hyuk, listen to me.. "

"No, YOU listen to me! Stop with your bull,Taekwoon! Ken saw you and that guy went into the room! " Taekwoon ran his fingers through his hair, a sigh escaped him lips in frustration. 

"I told you,it was nothing like that! "

"So the reason you weren't answering my calls because you're too busy ing with him, right? "Taekwoon cursed under his breath before throwing his phone to the wall, breaking it into pieces. 

"My battery ing died! And that guy, he is! "Taekwoon stopped mid-air in his words and he felt anger started to build when the younger scoffed. He couldn't bring himself to tell his boyfriend about his late fiance's brother. Hyuk will be furious. 

"What? Your ?! " it all happened too fast and Taekwoon was consumed with immense anger. Hyuk chuckled as he wipe the corner of his lips that was dripping blood. 

"What a loser, hyung... "

"H-Hyuk ah, I'm sorry. It.. .it was unintentional, I swear to God-"he tried to hold onto the other's hand but Hyuk was quick to pry him away. 

" off, "

 

Hongbin was leisurely resting on the couch when a notification popped up on his phone. Seeing the name, he frowned as the said male never messaged him before. Plus, they only met once, at the club he went with Taekwoon. 

From : Wonshik

​​​Taekwoon hyung is here and he doesn't seem to be in a good condition. He keeps saying your name so I think it's best to tell you. If you're free, can you please come here? 

To : Wonshik

Got it. I'm on my way. 

 

​​​​​​Hakyeon frowned as he picked a white long sleeved shirt from the laundry. I don't think this belong to me. The shoulder seems wide but the sleeves are quite long, not matching with Hongbin. 

He held the shirt as he make his way to the living room, intending to ask the younger about it. He quirked an eyebrow when he saw the younger were rushing, grabbing his car keys in a rush. 

"Binnie?  Where are you going? "The dimpled male flinched in surprise before turning his head towards his boyfriend. 

"Huh? I got something to do outside. Please eat first, hyung, " 

"Who are you going to meet anyway at this time? " Hongbin smiled apologetically before muttering his answer. 

"It's Taekwoon hyung. Oh, what's that you were holding behind your back? "Hakyeon stiffened before faking a smile. 

"Nothing. Just some laundry.You should go then, he must be waiting, " Hongbin nodded as he dashed out of the house. 

He doesn't even look at me twice before leaving... hakyeon thought to himself as he clutched onto the shirt unconsciously. Taekwoon's shirt. 

 

Hongbin arrived just on time, his eyes caught the older swaying dangerously as he tried to keep his balance. His hand went immediately towards Taekwoon's waist, steadying the older. 

"You...you here??? My Hongbinnie is here~~" Taekwoon slurred as he chuckled heartily. Hongbin had to drag the older to a corner where there were less people dancing around. He caught Wonshik staring at them and he nodded his head in response. 

Taekwoon placed his head on the younger's shoulder once they were seated. His vision is blurry and the blaring sound of music that keep hitting his ears doesn't make it pleasurable too. The presence of the younger was all he need and he was more than happy that Hongbin came. 

"Hyung,what's wrong? "Hongbin scrunched up his face upon smelling the heavy scent of liquid from the older. 

"We...we broke up. He... I punched him in the face. Hah! Serves him right! "Hongbin frowned at the older slurred speech, trying to put the pieces together on his head. Taekwoon does meet someone else, and they just broke up. 

"You punched him?  Why? " He probed into the question and the older already sniffing, his voice wavering. Realizing that the taller male was on the verge of crying, Hongbin tighten his hold onto the older's arms. 

"He..talked bad! He said something bad about Hongbin! I don't like that... "

"M-me?  He knew me?" Hongbin quirked an eyebrow when he got no response from the older. He tilted his head, peeking at the older's face only to see that the male was already falling asleep on his shoulder, fingers clutching on his shirt tightly. He waved his hand at the bartender, hoping that Wonshik would see him and gladly, the latter did. 

***************************************************

After the incident a week ago, Taekwoon and Hongbin has been hanging out together, as if they had known each other for a long time. And Taekwoon couldn't shake off the feelings that  started to build inside his chest for the younger. He's in love, with his late fiancé's brother. 

Hongbin quickly typed in the last words before submitting the document, shutting his laptop down. He had promised Taekwoon that they were going to go out for lunch together and he's that type of person who doesn't like people waiting for him. He walked out of his office, greeting his coworkers on his way out before he was stopped by a figure in front of him, all smiley. 

"Hakyeon? "

"Surprise! I came home today and decided to meet you right away. Now, let's go grab our lunch together~" Hongbin smiled at the older, been missing the latter presence since he was away for his company project overseas. However, he felt a bit guilty when he had to cancel the lunch with Taekwoon. 

"What's wrong? You were quiet, "Hongbin quirked an eyebrow at the older male, smiling awkwardly. 

"Nothing, " a fake gasp escaped from Hakyeon's lips, making both males to halt in their steps. 

"Could it be that... you were having a lunch date with someone else? "He meant it as a joke, expecting some laughter from the younger but unfortunately, the younger expression changed. 

"You... really have a lunch date? " Hongbin rubbed his nape awkwardly as he dismissed the older thought. 

"It's not a lunch date. It's just that I promised Taekwoon hyung that I'm going out for lunch with him today, " Hakyeon forced a smile on his face, his jaw clenched at the name. Taekwoon again.. 

"Well then,just tell me the place.I would also like to meet him, "Hongbin smiled at the older's suggestion before telling the place of their meet up. 

Taekwoon blinked his eyes in confusion, averting his gaze everywhere else except the tanned male who sat opposite him. Hakyeon, Hongbin's boyfriend. It broke his heart to know that the younger was already taken but there's nothing he could do anyway except for being grateful for not telling the younger his feelings. 

​​"Hakyeon hyung, what do you want to eat? " the older flashed his sweet smile towards the younger, leaning his head affectionately on the younger's shoulder. He caught Taekwoon shifting uncomfortably at the sight. 

"I'll eat the same with you, " Hongbin nodded before calling the waiter. 

"Don't you want to ask what Taekwoon want? " Hongbin smiled at his boyfriend's question before averting his gaze towards the taller male. 

"I already know what he wanted to eat. Rose pasta, isn't it? "Taekwoon nodded while smiling, and Hakyeon could feel a sudden spark of jealousy in him. 

"Pasta for lunch? "Taekwoon rubbed his nape awkwardly as he smiled sheepishly at the tanned male's question. 

"Ayy hyung.. There's nothing wrong of having pasta for lunch. As long as it managed to keep your hunger away, right Taekwoon hyung? "Taekwoon nodded timidly as he could feel Hakyeon's gaze piercing through him. 

 

"I'll pay the bill. Lunch is on me today, "Hongbin flashed his big smile as he walked towards the counter, leaving both males of the same age at the table. 

"It's nice meeting you, Hakyeon-ssi, "the other male chuckled. 

"Oh, just call me Hakyeon. Anyway Taekwoon, are you single?  If so, I might be able to help you to find a partner, " Taekwoon smiled faintly before declining the offer. 

"It's okay. I'm not interested in love matters at the moment. I'm focusing on my career right now, "Hakyeon smirked as he leaned closer towards the male. 

"Sure.. But do tell me anytime whenever you need help in finding a partner cause I would gladly help you. Especially in keeping you away from MY boyfriend, "he retreated upon realizing that Hongbin was approaching them. Taekwoon gulped down hard at the threat and flashed an awkward smile when the younger came. 

"Let's go, "

 

Hongbin frowned before throwing his phone on the bed. Just why Taekwoon is so quiet tonight?  Normally, the older would always asked him about his day, and they will talked about many other things, like unnecessary thing even. It has been two days and he haven't heard anything from the older. Not to say that Hakyeon has been quite protective, always finding ways of keeping him in the house. He was worried, and he missed talking to Taekwoon too. 

"Binnie ~ dinner is ready, " Hongbin puffed out a sigh as he walked lazily, making his way towards the dining room. He was greeted by Hakyeon's sweet smile in a pink apron that usually make him feel all soft towards the older but not today. He's really not in the mood of speaking or doing anything. All because of Taekwoon. 

"Jagiya, why don't we go for some shopping after this? " a slight 'hmm' was all that escaped from Hongbin's lips and Hakyeon frowned at the lack of response. 

"Let's buy something for our house. Seems like we need to get a new bedsheet too, it's been a while since we changed into a-"

"I've finished eating, thanks for the meal, " he quickly rinsed his plate before walking to the living room, completely ignoring the older male. Hakyeon clenched his jaw before throwing the apron on the table, striding to the living room. 

"Yah Lee Hongbin! What's wrong with you? "Hongbin rolled his eyes in annoyance, his eyes fluttered shut while answering the male. 

"There's too much work to handle at the office. I'm exhausted, " Hakyeon started at the younger, completely bewildered at the action. 

"Even so, you shouldn't abandon me when I was talking earlier! "

"That's because all you do is talk!  Have you ever ask? At least asking me if I'm having a bad day at my office?  Ever since you came back from overseas, all you do is talk and talk. Spare me my ears too! "Hongbin stood, his legs was ready to go to their shared bedroom before a hand caught his wrist. 

"You never complained before. You said that it was okay to hear me rambling all day long. And yet, you blamed me?  You've changed, Hongbin... "

"You too. If only you didn't prevent me from meeting Taekwoon hyung, I wouldn't lash it out on you. I noticed that for a while, that you keeping me away from him, and I don't like that, "he pried the older's hand away. Hakyeon was left alone at the living room as he felt tears trickled down his face. Taekwoon, that bastard... 

 

*A week ago*

"Mr Cha, can we talk for a while? "Hakyeon turned his head around before a smile stretched on his face. 

"Sure, let me tell-"

"I would like it to be private. Just you and me, "he quirked an eyebrow at the young CEO request but agreed to it nonetheless. 

"Do you happened to know this man? "Hakyeon looked at the picture in front of him before quirking an eyebrow at the male. 

"I don't think I know anyone with that face, "the young CEO smirked. 

"He's my boyfriend. Ex-boyfriend, if I should say. His name is Jung Taekwoon. Does that remind you to something? If not, take a look at this picture. Can you recognized the person in these pictures? " Hyuk smirked triumphantly upon seeing the shocked expression on the other male's face. 

"T-this... Isn't that.. "

"Lee Hongbin, your beloved boyfriend. If you still couldn't pick up on what are these pictures for, let me tell you. Your boyfriend has been cheating on you with my boyfriend. The day when he probably didn't come home was the day he and Taekwoon slept together. Is that explanation enough?  If not,I have plenty time to tell you further... "

Hakyeon shook his head in denial, recalling the first time ever Hongbin came home in the morning, on top of that with the foul smell of alcohol. Hongbin wouldn't.. 

Hyuk eyed the older's gesture before clearing his throat, interrupting the older male's train of thoughts. 

"I'm just telling you in advance so that your relationship wouldn't ended up like mine. Taekwoon broke up with me because of Hongbin. You should prevent the same thing from happening to you. You are a good person and Taekwoon is not. I hope you will take my advice, "

 

"Taekwoon hyung? "The said male flinched upon hearing the familiar deep voice behind him. He let go of the stranger he had been kissing earlier, the smell of alcohol and was lingering in the air. He fisted his hands before slowly turned his head, eyes meeting with the doe-like eyes. 

"Who's that? " fixing his messy shirt, he shrugged the younger's question as he plopped himself on the bed. 

"Don't know. An ? Heck, I don't give a at his background earlier, "Hongbin flinched at the older's harsh speech, steeping slowly towards the latter. 

"Why were you avoiding me? " Taekwoon gulped down the alcohol in one shot before placing the glass on the bedside table. Stupid him for letting the door of the room opened. 

"I didn't, "

"Don't lie, hyung, "Taekwoon turned his glare at the younger who cowered at the sight. 

"I won't lie to you, Hongbin. I never did that. You were the one who said that you don't want us to meet anymore. What's with the trouble of finding me here then? " Hongbin blinked his eyes in confusion, his brows furrowed. 

"What? I... Why would I do that? I don't remember telling you that, hyung, "

"Well, you texted me, " Hongbin frowned again, his hand immediately fished into his pocket, scrolling through the messages he sent to the older. None of them were like what the older told him. 

"Hyung, show me. The messages you got, "Taekwoon lazily threw the phone to the younger and Hongbin was quick to catch it. That's Taekwoon second phone, he won't ruin it. His eyes went to the inbox messages, his heart plummeting against his chest. 

From : Hongbin

 

I don't think it's good for us to meet again. I've been missing Hakyeon hyung a lot and I wanted to spend my time with my boyfriend. I hope you will understand. 

 

I think we should talk less. I've got a lot of works to be done and I wish to not be disturbed. Don't bother to reply to this message anyway. 

 

"I- I never send this to you.. I swear! "Taekwoon scoffed as he took his phone from the latter. 

"Well, who else would it be then? "

"Hakyeon.. hyung?  He won't do something childish like this! " the dimpled male stared at the older in disbelief and utter confusion. 

"Fine then.. If you said so, there's nothing I would like to argue anyway. It was more than obvious your boyfriend doesn't like me. Huh, I wouldn't like it either if my boyfriend was seeing someone behind my back frequently. Go home, Hongbin, " the dimpled male frowned, feet inching forward before hesitantly placing a hand on Taekwoon's shoulder. 

"Hyung, I miss talking to you, "hearing those words, Taekwoon felt his heart bleed again. My love will never be reciprocated... 

"Well, I'm living my life pretty well now. And we just talked, that's it. You can go now, "Hongbin clenched the shirt on his hand before forcefully pulling the older body towards him. 

"See! You're avoiding me, so ing obvious! "Taekwoon's jaw hardened at the younger's angry tone, his eyes met with the younger ones instantly. 

"Go. Leave me alone, "

"Hyung, don't throw me away. Stop avoiding me, please... "The desperation laced in Hongbin's voice make Taekwoon became more guilty. He could feel tears b in his eyes as the younger stared at him in desperation. 

"Hakyeon is right. We shouldn't meet anymore. It's better if we just cut off our ties. Things will be easier again, "he slumped his shoulder in defeat and Hongbin blinked his eyes in confusion. 

" Hyung, do you... regret meeting me? "

 

Hongbin slowly placed the keys in the key holder, his eyes caught a figure sleeping on the couch. Hakyeon is really stubborn. Hakyeon, his lover... The one that he love all this time... 

"Hyung, do you... regret meeting me? "

"Please, just go. Hakyeon is waiting for you,"the older replied soullessly, his eyes flickering away from the younger. 

"Answer me, Taekwoon hyung. Do you regret meeting me? "

"Lee Hongbin... "

"No! Just ing answer the question, will you?! "Taekwoon balled his hand into a fist before standing. His hand was quick to grab the younger by collar and Hongbin shivered in fear. 

"You!  You are the reason I ed up everything! You! Meeting you is indeed the thing I regretted the most. You wanted to know why?  Cause you ing messed up with my heart! Your smile, your everything, they make me fall in love with you! Do you ing get it now?! "Hongbin stiffened at the confession and Taekwoon fell to his knees, sobbing uncontrollably. 

"And the thing I hated the most is when I know you will hate me forever, because of this stupid feelings. And because of that, I hated myself so much that I wanted to die, "he let the tears streamed down his cheeks, his heart shattered into broken pieces when he realised that Hongbin was steeping away from him. 

"M-maybe you're right. I shouldn't ask you why. We really shouldn't meet at the first place... "With that, he left and Taekwoon felt his own world collapsing in front of his eyes. 

"Hyung, wake up. Let's sleep in our room, "the older blinked his eyes, trying to rub the sleepiness away. 

"Binnie? You're back?  You... You didn't leave me, right? "Hongbin smiled faintly as he Hakyeon's head gently. 

"I won't leave you, don't worry... " I'm sorry, hyung... 

 

*2 weeks later*

Hongbin walked into the club and the blaring sound of music was greeting him warmly. His eyes immediately went to the bartender and his smile widen upon seeing the face that he wanted to meet. 

"Wonshik hyung! " his smile died when the taller male doesn't seem happy to meet him. 

"What do you want? The.. usual? "He could tell that the older was straining his voice for a reason but he couldn't bring himself to ask. 

"No, no. I didn't come for that. I'm actually inviting you to my house. I'm throwing a party regarding my engagement recently, "Hongbin smiled so brightly at the word 'engagement' and Wonshik unconsciously clenched his fist, his knuckles turning white. 

"I'm not coming, "

"Ayy, why... You're the first person I invited to my party though! Plus, you have no shift tomorrow~"Wonshik turned his head around and that was when Hongbin noticed the seriousness in the older's face. 

"Sorry to turn down your invitation, Hongbin.  I can't go, "Hongbin pouted before looking at the male in the eyes. 

"Okay, but can you at least tell me why? " Wonshik's jaw hardened at the question and Hongbin quirked an eyebrow. 

"I need to go to the hospital. MY FRIEND is dying," Hongbin nodded in guilt before smiling awkwardly at the taller male. 

"Ah, I'm sorry... "

"Don't you want to know who he is? "Hongbin rubbed the back of his nape awkwardly. 

"He's your friend. I don't think I know him, "

"Bull. You know him pretty well. "Hongbin widen his eyes in shock at the latter's speech. Wonshik never got angry like this. Is it his fault for not knowing the older's friend? 

"Do you know where Taekwoon hyung is? "Hongbin flinched at the name before shaking his head in denial.

"W-why would I bother searching for him anyway.. "He shrugged and Wonshik felt the blood boil inside him. 

"Follow me after this, "

 

"Their path crossed and their destiny met, "

"And they will never be able to understand why... "

 

"Hyung, are we meeting your friend? "Hongbin asked in bewilderment the moment their feet stepped into the hospital building. Wonshik did nothing to tell him, except for ushering him to follow his lead. 

"That guy...he's such a fool. He's hurting himself in such an awful way, "Wonshik's voice wavering as they make their way to the room and Hongbin gently patted the older's back. And finally Wonshik stopped. 

"We're here, " Hongbin gulped down hard, some unsettling feelings had been attacking ever since he entered the building. He walked closer to the door and peeked through the mirror. His eyes widen in shock as he clasped his hand over mouth. He stumbled backwards before falling on his and Wonshik did nothing but watch the younger in the shocked state. 

Hongbin shook his head in denial, his heart was beating so hard that it almost popped out of his chest. There, inside the room, was Taekwoon lying on the bed, wires all over his body with the supporting life oxygen. His Taekwoon hyung... looked so wrecked. 

"He got into an accident the day you left him in the room. He was all drunk and I prevent him from driving. He-he looked so much in pain, begging at me with his tears non stop on his cheeks.  How I wish- I wish I held him back. Then none of this will happened, "Wonshik let a single tear trickled down his cheek before wiping it harshly. He walked towards the younger, grabbing him by the collar. 

"All because of you! Why did you give him hope when you know you won't be able to fulfill his dreams?!  Why?! Now because of you, Taekwoon hyung is dying! Yesterday, the doctor said that his condition is getting worse. He didn't show any sign of living. Taekwoon has totally given up on his life. And it's all your fault! "Hongbin shook his head, the tears that wetted his cheeks were left unnoticed. 

"No, no!  That's not Taekwoon hyung! He said to me that he has the will of living because of Hayoung-"

"And you! Hayoung was the reason he lives and you is the reason he's holding onto the promise!  You left him and he dies!" Hongbin sobbed uncontrollably as he kept muttering his apologies. Wonshik clenched his fist before throwing a punch on the younger's face. 

"Consider this as your ing engagement present! " Hongbin let his body fell to the floor, his soul is leaving his body. He just couldn't think. 

"Go. Your beloved fiancé is waiting. And don't even come close to this room. If Taekwoon chose to die, let him do it in peace, "Wonshik walked into the room before shutting the door right at the younger's face. 

I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry... 

                               ★★★

A/N:sorry to make this chapter a bit painful. (When I said angst, you know what the ending would be)  *sighs* why am I doing this to my precious OTP T_T

Sorry for being such a bad author and the ending. I can't bring myself to to write it. *hides in a corner *

Might as well run off to find something fluffy for Leobin in the new chapter~muacksss

​​