002

Superbad

 

 

2 years ago

 

The doors slid open; the tall male with silver hair ran towards the elevator, his long and quick strides shocked the other residents.

He cursed as he saw that the machine was still at the top floor.

He chewed on his lip as seconds went by, he took out his phone and read the message again.

I messed up. Help.

The doors pinged open, he rushed in and ignored the other passengers as the doors closed again.

 

 

 

“She’s not picking up.” Chanyeol said as he put Saehee’s phone back on the table.

“Has she not been in contact? I mean, she does call you from time to time, right?” The eldest Hwang asked.

“She last called about two months ago.” Chanyeol replied simply, Saehee frowned. They were at a party held by the Tuans to celebrate an opening of their hospital. It was a hospital in Shanghai.

“We’re already here, why is she not showing up? That brat.” Saehee frowned, Chanyeol exhaled and looked around.

He also had no idea what was going through Hanbyul’s head.

But then again, Hwang Hanbyul was never an easy one to understand.

“Byul?” Mark joined them, he handed a glass of champagne to his wife.

“I don’t think she’ll show up.” Chanyeol stated, his expressionless eyes skimmed around them.

Mark’s brows met.

The Chanyeol he met when they were kids wasn’t always like this. He used to be so talkative and amiable.

 

 

 

Kris kicked the door open; he entered the black and white pad, which was unfamiliar to him. His jaw was taut as he found clothes strewn on the living room, then his eyes landed on the broken vase and wine glass.

He started to rush, and then he saw her.

He felt the hairs on his back rise, his fists curled before looking at her again.

She was sitting flat on the floor, her black cashmere sweater ripped and her skirt was hiked up.

But what made Kris’s blood boil were the purple bruises on her face, arms and legs.

“Kris…I…I messed up.” Byul spoke, her tears staining her face.

“Byul.” He exhaled, he shook off his black long coat and knelt beside her. He carefully wrapped her in it.

“Come on.” He whispered as he lifted her up, he glanced at his men at the door.

“Find him.” He spoke in Mandarin before leaving the unit with a crying Byul in his arms.

“Kris…Kris…It….just happened, I..didn’t know whom to call.” She stuttered, Kris shook his head and just pulled her closer, letting her cheek rest against his shoulder.

“You don’t need to explain. You’re okay now, you’re safe.” He stated calmly as they entered the elevator.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++