004

Superbad

 

 

Kris stepped out of his room and found Byul standing by the veranda; her back was facing him as she took in the view of Victoria Peak.

“Well, you’re quiet.” Kris commented as he walked to her and rested his chin on her head.

“Has you sister’s words finally sunk in that thick skull of yours?” He mused, Byul made a face.

“Eomma and Appa called.” She faced him, Kris sighed as he finally noticed what she was wearing, a skintight olive toned see-through pull over and a black bra underneath.

“So?”

“They need me to come home, our partnership with Mondo Group, KBS..has an empty spot. And my parents want me to help.”

“Wow, you just found out?” Kris mused, Byul rolled her eyes at him.

“I thought you were okay with that? It’s not like we can escape our roles.” Kris replied before heading back to the kitchen, Byul nodded and followed him.

“But coming home…It just feels weird. It’s been six years, Kris. And I don’t think meeting new people is…” She trailed off.

Kris’s brows rose.

“Are you afraid….Look, Byul, he can’t hurt you again. You’ll be with your family, protected.”

“They don’t know…what…happened…Kris, that’s why I refused coming home. I don’t think I can handle it.” She wrapped her arms around herself. Kris bit his lip; he knew that once Byul entered the business world, she would be dealing with mostly men.

“And, I’ll be living with a friend. That’s the bright side of it.” She shrugged.

“Friend? Who?”

“Just a friend who’s probably pissed at me for not calling, but yeah.” She nodded before taking a sip from his cup of coffee.

 

 

Chanyeol watched as the cleaners rummaged through the spare room in his two-floor unit.

“When is she arriving?” He asked Saehee, who was sitting by the kitchen counter.

“A few days, we made a mistake. She’s not in Shanghai or Beijing. She was spending the weekend at Hong Kong.” She shook her head.

“You seem excited that she’s coming back.” Chanyeol smiled and sat on one of the stools.

“I’m just happy she’s back, she’s been too exposed with Chinese media.”

Saehee looked up.

“But, has she called you? She already knows about living with you.” She asked.

“Not yet. But I’m sure she’ll just pop out, I have to go, Sae. Will you be okay alone?” Chanyeol picked up his car keys.

“Yeah, Mark will come pick me up in a few. Thanks for letting us bother you, Yeol.”

He just nodded before heading to the door.

Saehee exhaled as the doors closed, she was worried about her friend. Chanyeol used to be so lively.

But ever since that woman, he changed.

 

 

The crowd howled as the gold Lamborghini pulled to a stop, Kris stepped down from the vehicle.

“You’re racing?” Byul asked over the noise as she closed the door.

“Yeah, I’m betting the car.”

She shook her head and tied her hair in a high ponytail. She was dressed in a Givenchy muscle top and a high slit leather skirt.

“I’ll be by the stage. Please don’t get yourself killed.” Byul stated before walking away from him.

Hanbyul ignored the stares and whistles directed at her as she joined Kris’s friends.

“I heard you’re going home tomorrow.” Tao said.

“Let’s not talk about that, Zitao.” She stated before asking him to fill a glass for her. Luhan chuckled as the girl finished the drink and asked for another one.

“We’ll miss you, Byul.”

Byul looked at the rowdy crowd of China’s elite before her.

“I’ll miss this place too.”

 

 

 

 

Byul was leaning against the white Rolls Royce as Kris spoke with the ground staff, her eyes narrowed at the private jet before them.

She was dressed in a tight black shirt, a pair of Adidas leggings and leather high tops.

“You’re good to go.” Kris commented as he walked back to her. She nodded as he helped her put on her olive green bomber jacket.

“It’s still snowing at Seoul, dress warmly. And I mean it.” Kris warned, she chuckled before hugging him.

Kris sighed and kissed the side of her head.

“Take care of yourself, okay?” He asked, Byul nodded, her tears threatening to fall.

I’ll miss you, shaoye.” She mused as Kris pulled back.

“I’m just a phone call away, you know that.” He stated before walking her towards the plane.

“I know.” She kissed his cheek before pulling away from him and running towards the steel stairs.

Kris smiled, his friend at goodbyes.

 

 

The HwangSae private jet landed at ten in the morning, Byul yawned and lifted she window shade.

“Seoul.” She mouthed before sitting up, she brushed her hair and checked her face.

As soon as the plane stopped moving, she left her seat and went to a private room to change.

She was looking at her reflection as she opened an email from her sister; she was dressed in a cream low cut fitted crop top and a matching pencil skirt with a high slit.

“Young miss?” The female flight attendant entered the room with a pair of suede Christian Louboutin pumps.

“It’s a gift from Wu xiaoye. He knew you’d be changing outfits.” She smiled, Byul chuckled and took the shoes from her.

“And, a vehicle from Mondo Group has come to pick you up.”

Byul looked up and grinned.

 

 

Chanyeol stepped out of the conference room, Mondo’s directors followed behind him. They had just finished a meeting at one of their major branches and all were eager to have lunch.

As they passed, most females would glance at the Park heir, dressed in a deep burgundy long coat, matched with his usual clean-cut business suit, he made most directors and CEOs look plain.

“Sir, I tried to reach driver Song,”

He glanced at his secretary.

“Has he driven Miss Hwang to Apgujeong?” He queried, his secretary shook his head. Chanyeol stopped, the men behind him did the same.

“Where are they?”

“His phone is off, the bodyguards too aren’t picking up.”

Chanyeol’s eyes widened.

“What? That’s impossible~”

“Park Chanyeol!” A feminine voice made them pause, Chanyeol looked up.

The directors behind him were all staring at the curvy petite woman who was beaming as she walked towards their boss.

“Ya!” She called before launching herself in his arms, his subordinates blinked in surprise.

Chanyeol blinked as Byul clung around his neck like a koala, it took him seconds before he started to hug her back.

The employees around him all stared, confused and surprised by the girl’s entrance.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++