032

Superbad

 

 

Byul had just stepped out of the bathroom, clad in a pair of well fitting jeans and a Balmain blouse when she noticed someone sitting on her bed.

She blinked at him.

“HwangSae today?” Chanyeol asked.

“Yeah, my parents are home.” She replied as she sat on her vanity table and put on lotion.

“What brings you here?” Byul blinked at him through the mirror.

“Are you going to work early again?”

“I think so.” She replied over her shoulder.

“Then, you’re not eating here?” He queried and leaned on his knees.

“I can grab a sandwich on my way there.” She nodded as she put on some mascara.

“I cooked breakfast and dinner yesterday, and now you’re not going to eat here again?” He said sulkily and pouted.

tumblr_nzi9a8ckfm1tzusdmo5_400.gif

Byul could not help but smile, she spun around to face him.

“I’m getting a little annoyed.” He sulked again. She stood up and plopped beside him.

“Fine, I’ll eat before leaving.” She said with a small smile.

“Good.” Chanyeol nodded with a grin, he mussed her hair before leaving the room.

 

 

“Cover story!” Byul blurted as Chanyeol chewed.

“What?”

“My parents are back, surely they’ll ask why you punch the daylights~”

“Of that er?” Chanyeol finished, Byul blinked at his choice of words, but he winked at her.

“How about…you were both drunk, then things became a little~ Nah, it doesn’t explain why you ended the contract.” She nodded as she took a spoonful; Chanyeol leaned over to wipe some sauce off her lower lip. Byul’s forehead creased.

“How about we tell them that he was..being rude to you?” He suggested.

“No, we cant do that.” She shook her head, Yeol nodded.

“Whatever, let’s just wing it.” She sighed and picked up her glass of orange juice.

“We’ll just wing it?” He repeated.

“Why? You’re not coming later?”

“I can’t. I have to meet up with someone.”

Byul pursed her lips but she nodded.

Brekkie, Lunchie, Dindin Songhee.

“But I can drive you there.” Chanyeol offered.

“I can drive myself.” She rolled her eyes at him.

 

 

Saehee grinned at her sibling as she killed the car’s engine.

“Coming together, how is this a good idea?” Byul said as they walked to the elevator.

“It means you can’t simply run off, you have to drive this pregnant woman back.”

“Right. This pregnant woman is reason I have to run two companies in my first year of being back. No problem.”

Saehee chuckled and just stepped out of the elevator first.

“Eomma, appa.” Byul smiled and greeted her parents with hugs.

“Sorry we weren’t around when you arrived, our Japan branch needed us.” Mrs. Hwang sighed and kissed her cheek.

“It’s fine, eomma. It’s not like I can escape now.” She kidded; her father chuckled and gestured for the two to sit.

“How was Japan?” Saehee asked as the waiter arrived to serve them wine.

“It was nice, the cherry blossoms were in full bloom.” Their mother smiled, then Mr. Hwang cleared his throat, Byul flinched.

“What happened, Hanbyul? It’s still all over the news.”

“Well….Chanyeol was had a little too much to drink, and the same for director Bang. And from what I saw..director Bang was…being rude to this girl, Chanyeol, being Chanyeol, he started to call him out. Then things just escalated from that.”

“Rude? How?” Her mother looked worried.

“Inappropriately rude.” Byul nodded, then her father took out an envelop from his coat pocket and pushed it towards his youngest child. Saehee watched as her sister opened it.

“I think you’re lying, Hanbyul.” He spoke just as Byul pulled out the photos, she gasped.

“Someone sent them to me, you dated this man, right?”

Byul stared at the photographs before her, they were photos of her and Yongguk together, them at a party, going shopping and watching movies.

“A-A—Appa,” She looked up, he was frowning.

“You were dating him?” Mrs. Hwang was confused.

“I—I….”

“What are you hiding, Byul?” Saehee was shocked.

“Young lady, you better tell us the truth, these photos were almost released to public, you’re lucky I was able to stop them, so tell me, why did Chanyeol~”

Byul pulled away from the photos, her hands were trembling, She felt cold sweat run down her back.

“I—I’m sorry.” She blurted before running out of the room.

 

 

Byul got inside her car and leaned on the wheel. It was all coming back to her again.

His hands. The way he had beat her up. The way he laughed when she finally gave up fighting him.

She started to scream and slamming her palms on the wheel.

Then the door was yanked open, before Byul could react, someone had pulled her off the seat.

“It’s okay, you’re okay.” A soothing deep voice intervened her thoughts as strong arms started to surround her.

“You’re okay, Byul. You’re safe.” He reassured, Byul felt her tears stain not only her cheeks but also the front of his shirt.

“I came as soon as I got Sae’s text.” He explained as he pulled her closer, Byul didn’t reply but she just wrapped her arms around his waist.

“I’m sorry, I should have come, I should have gone with you.”

Byul slowly pulled away, Chanyeol’s eyes were on her face.

“Appa…he found out.”

Chanyeol nodded and brushed her hair away from her face.

“Somehow..those photos..” She trailed off; Chanyeol took her hands in his.

“I already have someone tracing them back, don’t worry.”

“You’re…not going to faint on me, right?” He asked lightly, Byul mustered a small smile.

“Ani.”

He smiled and took the car key from her.

“Where are we going?” She asked as Yeol pulled her to the front seat.

“We’re going to escape.”

Byul stared at him, confused. He grinned before leaning over to kiss her cheek.

“My Hwang Byul needs a little escapade.”

“You should be thankful you’re not getting slapped.” Byul pointed out before getting inside the car, Chanyeol scrunched his nose before running to the driver’s seat.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++