018

Superbad

 

The doors closed, Byul gasped and covered .

“I shouldn’t have kissed him goodbye.” She sighed as she leaned back.

“Does she want to get back with him?” She murmured as she reached the lobby.

She squared her shoulders as she left the elevator, she had called for Chanyeol’s driver to bring the car up.

“Hanbyul?”

She spun around and paused.

“Samchon(Uncle)!”

 

 

Chanyeol glanced at this watch before facing Ara, from afar Mark was having a hard to time trying to control his wife and .

“Why did she leave him with her? What is she thinking?” Saehee spat, Kai and Sehun were both looking at their friend and his ex.

“Chanyeol-ah, let’s talk?” Ara asked carefully, Chanyeol looked at her, his brows met briefly.

The two quietly stepped out of the party.

Saehee was about to follow them, but Mark shook his head.

“She’s going to hurt him again!” She said darkly.

“Sae, he knows better now.” Mark said softly, Saehee grunted.

“Still, I hate her.”

 

Chanyeol exhaled, they were already out of the party and were standing in a secluded part of the hotel’s gardens.

“What did you want to talk about?” He asked her, his tone not entirely warm.

“Hanbyul-ssi, she said~”

“Chairman Hwang.” He corrected.

Ara nodded.

“She said that the other day when I went to your~”

“I don’t know why you came to my house and I don’t want to know what your reasons are.”

“I want us to start over again, Chanyeol, I’ve always loved you.”

Chanyeol wanted to sneer at her, but he just shook his head.

“We’ve got nothing to start over with, you made that very clear to me two years ago.”

“Chan~”

“So, stay away from me and Byul. If it weren’t for business, I wouldn’t speak with you.” He stated before going back inside the party.

 

Byul dashed in the unit, she grabbed her shirt and Chanyeol’s hoodie from the couch and tossed them into her room. She started to arrange the books on the shelf, she wiped the kitchen counter clean and prepared some tea.

She had just entered her room when she heard the doorbell ring twice.

She shook off her dress and heels before walking to her closet, then her eyes went to the pieces of clothing on the floor.

The doorbell rang again.

She winced and put on Chanyeol’s black hoodie and a pair of shorts.

And then she headed down and opened the door, revealing Chanyeol’s father and his girlfriend.

“Luckily I saw you escaping that party.” Mister Park grinned as Byul let them step in, the young lady behind him gave Byul a smile.

“Well, I get bored easily, uncle. Would you like some tea?” She asked.

“Yes, please.”

Byul nodded, she watched at the elder walked towards the living room. Somehow it felt like it was his first time in Yeol’s home.

Her brows rose. She took two porcelain teacups and a tray.

“Then, miss…would you like some too?” She asked as she joined them in the kitchen.

“Yes, I’ll help you.”

“No, it’s fine.” Byul was taken aback at how kind the lady was, she trudge back to the kitchen and poured hot tea on the mugs.

“How are you doing, Hanbyul? Has my son been treating you right?”

“Of course, Chanyeol’s been helping a lot.” She chuckled and set the tray down. Her eyes went to the woman sitting beside her uncle.

“This Yoon Jisoo.”

“Nice to meet you, I’m Hanbyul.” She offered her hand, the lady smiled and shook her hand warmly.

“I heard a lot about you, how long have you known~”

Byul heard the door open, she stood up.

 

Chanyeol was in the process of loosening his tie when he stepped in his unit.

“Byul, about Ara can you not~”

He stepped when he saw her wearing his clothes.

“Are~” His eyes went to his father and his woman, his jaw grew taut and expression cold.

“Get out.” He said coldly, Byul halted.

“Yeol, samchon just wanted to check on you.” Byul intervened, Chanyeol shook her off.

“Get out.” He repeated, his father looked up, then slowly the elder stood up.

“Is this how you treat your father now?”

“You have no right to tell me that after what you did to eomma.”

“Chanyeol~”

“Get out and take your mistress with you.” He spat while pointing towards the front door.

Hanbyul looked away, her forehead creasing. She watched as the couple left, as soon as the door closed she faced her friend.

“Yeol, he wanted to see how you were doing. He said you two haven’t spoken~”

“He lost the right the check on how I was doing when he left us for that woman.”

“Chanyeol, he never left as being your f~”

“You were gone for a long time, Byul. You have no idea what really happened.” He faced her, he shook off his coat and threw it on the couch.

“I maybe gone, but I don’t want to see you~”

“You were the one who left, okay? So don’t act as if you know everything!” Chanyeol snapped at her, Byul stopped.

Chanyeol exhaled, he turned away from her and walked towards his room.

 

 

Hanbyul glanced at the digital clock on her bedside table, it was three am and she couldn’t sleep. She exhaled and sat up, she made her way towards the kitchen and was surprised to hear loud and steady beats echoing in the living room.

Her eyes went to the hidden door underneath the staircase, she silently made her way towards the door and slowly turned the knob.

tumblr_inline_nztnxtrlIe1ql6qbh_500.gif

It was clear to her that he was frustrated and angry. She sighed, but her eyes went to the two guitars and the piano that was also in the room.

“He never did let go of his music.” She whispered fondly before pulling away.

She walked to the kitchen and heated some milk. A mug in hand she padded barefoot the carpeted living room and stood by the floor length windows.

Her thoughts wandered to Yongguk, her brows met for a second.

She hated the fact that she was to work with his company, but she hated it more that she still feared him. She hated being weak.

She pressed her lips together before taking a small sip.

 

Chanyeol stepped out of the music room; he halted as he saw Byul standing by the windows.

He scratched the back of his head; he knew it was wrong of him to yell at her. He glanced at the wall clock, his brows rose. He must have woken her up with his drums.

“Byul?” He said as he approached her. Guilt chewed on him as he remembered what happened earlier, she had another panic attack.

She faced him, she was somehow still wearing his hoodie.

“I couldn’t sleep properly.” She shrugged as she raised her mug, she was smiling.

“I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have snapped at you.” He spoke as he reached her, she nodded.

“I understand, I should have known my place. I was just worried. And I couldn’t turn down your father.”

Chanyeol sighed.

“Ani, things have gone awry between us. You were gone, of course you didn’t know.”

“I just heard a few things from unnie, I should have thought about it more.” She chewed on her lip, Chanyeol smiled before opening his arms to her. She looked up and smiled before jumping into his arms.

Chanyeol chuckled and leaned his chin on the crown of her head.

“And, I’m sorry for leaving with you Shin Ara.” She murmured as she pulled back.

“It’s okay. But…your unnie,”

She nodded for him to continue, Chanyeol finished the contents of her mug.

“Is holding a party for you. Like a party to announce that you’re back.”

“.” She stated flatly, Chanyeol chuckled before poking her cheek, he stilled when he realized what he had just done.

But Byul just kept on cursing as she padded to the kitchen with her empty mug in hand.

Chanyeol blinked.

“Park Yeol!” She called.

“W—What?”

“I can’t reach the cupboard, I need something stronger than milk!”

Chanyeol just chuckled before following her.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++