003

Superbad

 

“I’m worried about Byul, really.” Mrs. Hwang opened up, her friend, Mondo Group’s previous president nodded.

“How is Hanbyul, Minjung-ah? I heard she was in China?”

“She still is, last time I heard she was in Shanghai. I…honestly have no idea where I went wrong with her.” The lady frowned, Park Chanshik chuckled.

“But we feel embarrassed, ever since we started KBS, it was all Chanyeol. We can’t have him manage Mondo and this company. It’s too much for him.” She glanced at Chanyeol who was entertaining guests along with her husband.

“And I need her to come home, but I’m not sure she’ll listen to anyone.”

“You don’t have to be embarrassed, Chanyeol knows he was born to this. To continue the business.”

“Still, Chanshik-ah, we’re business partners. KBS can’t be run by Chanyeol alone, he’ll need help and with Saehee being pregnant.” She trailed off and sighed.

“And, how about ask our Byul to come home and let Chanyeol take care of her, those two have always been good friends. And that son of mine needs a friend.” He mused.

“Really? Then, I’ll ask Saehee if she’s already managed to contact Byul.”

 

 

 

Kris glanced over his shoulder, his eyes zeroed on Byul. She was having a couple drinks with a few of her lady friends, she was chatting happily as she flipped her hair over her shoulder.

Kris shook his head, then he noticed the flush on her cheeks.

“You’re always out her, marry her already.” One of his friends teased, Kris ignored them.

“Right, people speculate about you two. She lives with you too, right?” One asked, his eyes raked over Byul’s body as he spoke.

Kris grew irritated. He put his glass down.

“Or, if you’re really not into her, I can~” The male yelped as pain crept up on his leg.

Kris stepped on his shoe before leaving the two males.

 

 

“But, I want ice cream!” Byul whined as they stepped in Kris’s condo unit, which was located at one of the most exclusive districts in Shanghai.

“No, you can’t have ice cream, not at this time.” Kris sighed; he was carrying the girl on his back as he walked towards the living room. He was careful not dislodge her mini dress as he set her down.

Hanbyul gave him a big smile with her eyes closed as he plopped beside her.

“How much did you drink?” He rolled his eyes before leaning back on the couch, Byul was about to doze off when her phone started to ring.

They both looked at the coffee table before them and read the screen.

“It’s unnie.” She blinked, Kris glanced at her.

“I should take this.” She murmured as she picked it up and slid her finger across the screen.

 

 

Finally.” Mark exhaled as Byul’s face became clear on the screen. Saehee behind him.

“Unni~ Oh, doctor!” Byul greeted sloppily.

“Are you drunk? Or just tipsy? We can still talk to you, right?” Saehee fired, but her tone was warm and concerned.

Just tipsy, she’s had too much to drink. How are you guys?” Half of Kris’s face appeared on the screen.

“We’re doing well, but, Byul?” Mark queried.

“Hm?” She blinked at them.

“We need you back here.” Saehee spoke again.

“Wae? Some party? No, thanks, unnie.” She slurred.

“Hwang Hanbyul!” Saehee snapped, Byul sighed and faced her.

“What is it?”

“Byul, I’m pregnant.”

“Congra~”

“And eomma wants you to come home to take over KBS since I can’t and she already hired a babysitter for you.” Saehee said hurriedly.

Kris blinked.

The three expected a reaction from the girl, but Byul just yawned.

“…Okay, so, I’m going to babysit your child? When?

“Byul, no, you’re the one who has a babysitter. Appa’s sending the jet in a few days; he wants you to fly back. He’s a little…mad.”

Byul rolled her eyes, causing Mark to chuckle. Saehee elbowed her husband.

“So, I need to take over KBS with a babysitter because appa’s mad at me.” Byul nodded.

That’s about it.” Saehee nodded.

“But who? Who will babysit me?” Byul seemed amused, despite being drunk.

“Chanyeol.”

“Chanyeol? Isn’t he too busy for that? He’s a prosecutor. ”

Mark and Saehee winced.

“You really do need to come home, Byul.”

 

 

“Hanbyul?” Chanyeol looked up from his food, he ignored his father beside him but his eyes were on his friend’s mother.

“Yes, you know how she is. She has..changed so much and I spoke with her friend there, she hates living alone.”

“But..living with me…” Chanyeol trailed off.

“I can’t have her stay with Mark and Saehee, they’re expecting a child. And we’re off to Japan for the whole year.” Mrs. Hwang spoke, her husband beside her nodded.

“You’re the only one we can entrust her to, Chanyeol. And I know she misses you.”

“Well..she did leave and never flew back, but..yes. I guess..I can have her over.” Chanyeol was left without a choice.

“Thank you, Chanyeol-ah. Now I know my daughter’s safe.”

 

Chanyeol just nodded, keeping his hesitation to himself.

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++