016

Superbad

 

As soon as the door closed behind her, Byul let out a shaky breath, her hands were shaking but she knew she wasn’t going to have an attack again.

She slid down on the floor and took deep breaths.

She counted to ten and took another deep breath before smiling to herself.

It was a huge leap for her, well it was humongous, but it made her feel stronger. Chanyeol wont hurt her, Chanyeol is okay.

 

 

Chanyeol’s right hand was on the wheel, while he had his left pressed near his lips. His thoughts went back to Byul.

“She’ll probably think we’re ing, but she wont talk.”

That girl, all huddled up, crying while letting tub water soak her and the Byul who had boldly made out with him in front of Ara….was one person?

But he felt jumpy, Byul kissing him without warning.

“It’s just Byul, that’s how Byul is.” He said, as if trying to remind himself.

But, Hwang Byul is so beautiful.

Chanyeol shook his head again.

 

 

“You kissed him? Wow.”

Byul exhaled as she leaned back on the seat.

“For someone who wont even shake an offered hand, you’re brave.” Kris continued.

“I didn’t like seeing him so cornered. I had to save him.”

“Yeah, by making out with him. Tell me, why am I not on my way to the hospital to visit you right now?”

“I’m trying to get rid of it..that fear.”

Kris smiled.

“You don’t know how bad I felt when I came home, I was not even able to greet my friends properly, Kris, I panicked when my best friend wanted to hug me.” She shook her head, frustrated.

“You’re doing well, Byul. Just the fact that you’re living with Chanyeol, a male, without panicking on a daily basis is an improvement.”

“Chanyeol’s different, I know he wont hurt me.” She replied, Kris glanced at her with a smile.

I think he knows, Byul. He knows what makes you afraid, that’s why he’s adjusted himself around you. That’s why you’re okay with him.

“I need to get something to wear to a party. Will you help me?” She asked, Kris groaned.

“So, this is why you asked me to pick you up?”

“I love you, Wu gege.” She batted her eyelashes at him.

 

 

“You don’t have to nag, I will go.” Byul spoke as she put on her false lashes, she had her sister on speaker.

“What are you wearing?”

“I picked up something from Elie Saab. You? Something from the maternity section.” She chuckled, she heard Saehee snort from the other line. Byul smiled and looked at her reflection.

She stood up and picked up her Hangisi pumps and went out of her room, as she saw her reflection at the window as she passed. She was dressed in a sheer silver toned floor length gown that had a skin tone lining, it showed enough cleavage and showcased her figured.

“All set?” Chanyeol stepped out of her room. She looked at him with a grin.

 

 

Chanyeol stopped in his tracks. Byul was looking at her reflection, clearly she was checking if anything was wrong.

Chanyeol’s brows rose, she looked..ethereal. From the way her eyes brightened up her whole look and the way the dressed hugged her curvy frame.

“I think I’m all set, but I need a little help.” She raised her blue sapphire satin pumps. Chanyeol nodded and took the shoes from her, Byul balked.

“Ani, I can sit down, you don’t~”

“Come on, Byul.” Chanyeol chided, she chuckled and gently lifted the skirt of her dress. He gently put on her shoes for her, he huffed as he stood up.

“Whoa, this is definitely your color.” She blurted as she tugged on the lapels of his tailored mid length blazer that was in a warm shade of burgundy. His pants matched his coat and his white dress shirt was tucked nicely.

“A tie!” She said before running of his room.

“I wasn’t planning on wearing~”

She returned with a slim silver necktie, she gestured for him to step closer, Chanyeol swallowed when she leaned over to put the tie around his collar. He diverted his eyes as she pulled him closer and started to tie the necktie.

He could feel his heart beat faster than usual as Byul smiled while she fixed her tie and brushed down his shirt.

“Perfect. We kind of match.” She smiled, Chanyeol pulled back quickly.

“I’ll…go get the car.” He stated before rushing to the door, Hanbyul blinked before following him.

 

 

The driver stopped at Sheraton Hotel’s curb, Chanyeol went down first and offered his hand to Byul.

She stepped down and looked around, Chanyeol noticed how all eyes went to her. She was a new face in their crowd, but it didn’t seem to bother Byul.

“Do I look okay?” She nudged him as they walked, Yeol looked at her.

You look more than okay.

“You look human.” He shrugged, she rolled her eyes at him, Yeol was about to wrap her arm around his but she resisted and just held onto his hand instead.

“President Park!”

Chanyeol saw one of his friends waving at him, his eyes went to the elevator for a second.

“Go ahead, I’ll go up first and look for unnie and Mark.” Byul let go of his hand, Chanyeol watched as she went, he noticed how most men would turn as she passed by.

His eyes never left her before she got in the elevator.

 

 

Byul’s here.

Saehee looked up, Mark had one arm wrapped around her waist as they chatted with Kai and Kyungsoo.

“Our Byul is popular.” Kai mused as they how people stared at Byul as she entered, clearly she was looking for someone familiar.

“Chanyeol didn’t come with her?” Kyungsoo asked, then a male had walked up to her.

They saw Byul flinch as the male spoke to her.

 

 

Byul froze, she could feel her chest beginning to act up and her breathing quicken.

“Hanbyul.”

“D----Don’t come near me.” She stuttered, stepping back.

“I’m here to talk to you, I’m sorry if I~”

Byul was pulled back, a lean back was now facing her.

“Stay away from her.” Kris’s voice was icy. Yongguk looked at him, his eyes cold.

“Stop interfering, Wu. This is our business.”

Kris smirked, his hand never letting go of Byul’s wrist. Byul started to shake, she cursed at herself. There were so many people, and it was already fortunate enough that nobody didn’t notice Kris blocking Yongguk.

Her eyes went to the door, she saw a flash of burgundy. She yanked Kris’s hand off her wrist and ran.

 

 

Chanyeol looked at his phone, Saehee was calling him. He stepped back from the door and was about to slide the green icon on his screen when he felt somebody standing in front of him.

“Hwang Byul!” He paused, then he noticed how she was shaking and she had her arms wrapped around herself.

“…Yeol….I….” She swallowed and bit her lip.

“I need…some..” She trailed off and winced, Chanyeol’s brows met.

“Is something wrong?” He asked softly.

She looked afraid.

Chanyeol’s forehead creased; slowly he stepped towards her and gently put his arm around her, as if shielding her. Byul didn’t uncross her arms but she didn’t pull away from him either.

“It’s fine, Byul. You’re okay.” Chanyeol murmured as he planted his chin on the top of her head.

 

“You’re okay.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++