028

Superbad

 

 

 

Byul ran her fingers over the pistol, Chanyeol gently swatted her hand before pulling her away from the counter.

“Let’s go.” He said before taking her hand, she followed him to the elevator.

“But, the contract~”

“It’s done, they won’t be coming after us. Don’t worry.”

“Just what did you do? How come KBS isn’t going to pay anything?”

Chanyeol looked at her then he smirked.

“This oppa is a lawyer and was once a prosecutor.”

“Heol.” Byul shook his head, the doors opened.

 

 

“Your sister has been calling me.” Chanyeol spoke.

“It’s all over the news, you fighting with him. I’m surprised your dad hasn’t called yet.” Hanbyul commented as Chanyeol started the M9.

“He did.”

“Really? Was he mad?”

“Ani, he just asked if you were okay. He heard you were at the scene too.” Chanyeol was smiling as he maneuvered out of the parking lot.

“Of course, Park samchon.” She chuckled, then she felt Chanyeol’s fingers lace around hers.

“Just…let me hold your hand like this. It lessens my guilt.”

“Yeol, it’s not~”

“Don’t try to reason with me.” He stated as his grip on her tightened, Byul just nodded and let him be.

 

 

“This probably the most eventful Bali trip.” Sehun stated, they were all on their way to the airport.

“Chanyeol…just what happened?” Saehee chewed on her lip as they waited for the car.

Mark looked up as he saw Byul walking with her four friends.

“Byul..she was looking for him before the whole thing happened, she must know why Chanyeol hyung decided to squash that director Bang.” Sehun noted. Saehee nodded as she watched Byul waved at her friends, and then Chanyeol joined her.

“He’s not the type to use his fists, something must have provoked him.” Saehee nodded as the two walked towards the waiting Rolls Royce.

 

 

“I had no idea it would grow this big.” Mark blinked as he set down the paper, there was a photo of Chanyeol and Byul together and another photo of Chanyeol sending his fist across Yongguk’s face.

Byul sighed across him; the two friends were at Mark’s office in one of the Tuan owned hospital around downtown Seoul.

“Unnie?”

She hasn’t called me, she has a lot of meetings today. Does Chanyeol already know?

“I don’t know, ever since Bali he’s been…a little..distant.” Byul nodded as she looked at her fingers.

But Byul, do you know what happened? Why did Chanyeol do that?

Mark noticed how Byul’s forehead creased and she looked away.

“I…I have no idea.” She replied.

“You can’t exactly lie to someone who has been your friend for more than fifteen years.” Mark shrugged and leaned back against his seat.

“The paper says that you are the reason why they fought.”

“It’s not true.” Byul faced him she picked up her purse and stood up.

“I’ll see you soon.” She said before rushing out of his office. Mark’s brows met as his eyes landed on the paper again.

Something’s not right. Byul is the reason why they fought. But, why?

 

 

Byul leaned forward and looked at the huge building before her, she eyed Mondo Group’s logo briefly. She exhaled before sliding down from her car and then she approached the entrance.

She made her way to the elevator, it took a few seconds for her to arrive at the top floor.

“Oh, vice president!” Secretary Ahn greeted her; she smiled at him, now she was aware that people recognized her and they bowed as she passed.

“Is Chanyeol in?” He asked, the male nodded.

“He’s in his office, just straight ahead.”

Byul nodded and walked towards the double doors, before Byul could push the doors she heard a familiar voice.

“You’re fighting with my boss now? All because of that girl?”

Byul’s brows rose, Shin Ara.

“It was nothing. Just a misunderstanding.” His deep voice was calm.

“Just a misunderstanding? Chanyeol, that project will affect BH Group greatly, our losses~”

“Look, no matter what you say, I wont change my mind. That contract is over.”

“Then, tell me, is it true? You fought with director Bang because of her? Just how special is Hwang Hanbyul that you have to taint your reputation?”

Byul pushed the door open, Chanyeol looked up from his desk.

Ara looked at her squarely.

“It’s lunch time.” She spoke, she noticed how close Ara was to Chanyeol’s desk.

“Really?” Chanyeol stood up and buttoned his coat.

“I’ll wait for you..downstairs.” She nodded, before she could exit his office.

“Aniya, let’s go together.” Chanyeol stopped her; he sidestepped Ara and walked to Byul.

“I will find out.” Ara spoke, Chanyeol and Byul paused.

“I will find out why this is happening.”

Chanyeol turned to her.

“Go ahead.”

 

“Bad timing, I know.” Byul nodded as they exited the elevator, Chanyeol shook his head.

“But, you, you’ll have to explain your father, my parents are flying back in two days too.”

“Shall we come up with a cover story?” He said excitedly, Byul sighed.

“And, you’re always being mean to girls.”

“When?” He blinked.

“Sehun and I talked, he said when you guys went out drinking, girls would flock around you, but somehow you remain as this huge chunk of ice.”

Chanyeol grinned, then Byul halted.

“What now?”

“S-Samchon!” Byul blurted, Chanyeol followed her gaze, then his eyes went to the unknown female beside him.

“I personally came here so that you wouldn’t come up with those lame excuses again,” He spoke to his son and smiled at Byul.

“What are you saying?” Chanyeol replied.

“You forgot already? Your grandmother arranged a blind date for you, this is Songhee.” He gestured towards the young lady beside him.

Chanyeol paused.

Byul blinked at the elder then at Chanyeol.

“Byul, you can have lunch with me, I’m sure you’re still shaken up from that Bali trip yours.” The elder took her by the arm, Chanyeol looked at Byul.

“Nice to finally meet you, Chanyeol-ssi.” Songhee offered her hand to him.

 

 

“Y—yes.” Chanyeol shook her hand, his eyes went to Byul who was smiling and talking as the elder pulled her along.

 

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++