043

Superbad

 

 

Chanyeol shut his laptop close and stood up from his desk, he faced the floor length windows and buried his hands in the pockets of his gray slacks.

“Sir? The meeting with our Chuncheon branch has been moved.”

“Why?” He replied without glancing back.

“They just called, the materials you were asking for they weren’t able to gather it in time. And they apologized~”

“So, they just moved the meeting.” He finished, his soft tone made his employee freeze.

“Sir~”

“Do they think I have the whole week to wait for them to finish doing their job?” He faced him, the male looked down.

“Tell them if they can’t produce the report at the end of the day, they might as well resign~”

“Whoa, whoa, son,” Another voice joined, the secretary bowed politely as the elder passed.

“It’s just a meeting, no need to fire people.” Mister Park looked at his son.

“You may go.” Chanyeol dismissed the other male.

“What brings you here?” He faced his father.

“You were in a better mood before.” His father stated.

“What is it, abeoji?” He questioned as he faced the window again.

“Son, it’s been five months. We all know how it went with you and Songhee. She asked for your help, but you stopped meeting her.”

Chanyeol didn’t reply.

“What I’m saying is~”

“I’m not going on another blind date.” Chanyeol moved to pick up his coat.

“Let me finish.” He chided, Chanyeol exhaled and looked at him.

“Look, you’re not going to lose anything if you just meet the girl and get out of this routine of yours.”

“Work, home, then go back to work again, that’s what you’re doing now and it’s wrong. Chanyeol, you’re still young, go out and have fun.”

“The moment you cheated on eomma was the exact moment you lost your right to tell me what to do.” He met his gaze, the elder shook his head.

“I’m not telling you what to do, I’m just asking you to function normally again. I know how Byul~”

“I’ll get going now.” He sidestepped him and left the office.

 

 

Byul faced doctor Liu, he was smiling at her.

“I have no words to say, you are…cured.” He stated as he set down the folder.

“Doc~”

“And stop looking for flaws, if you continue doing this, you’ll end up married to Lay.” He mused, Yixing shuddered behind him.

Byul chuckled.

“He’s right, you’re all better now, Byul. And you did it without medication, just therapy.” Yixing was smiling at her.

Byul’s eyes went to him, her lips quirked up.

“Then, going home is an option now.” Doctor Liu reached for her hand and gave it a squeeze.

 

 

Chanyeol looked at his drink, his finger circled around the lid of the glass.

“I hope Tao isn’t giving you any headaches.” A voice joined, Kris sat down a seat away from him.

Chanyeol looked at him.

“No, he hasn’t.”

“That’s good to hear.” Kris nodded and asked for a drink.

“I’m thinking whether I did something wrong.” Chanyeol said, Kris glanced at him.

“Towards Byul.” He spoke.

“No, you didn’t scare her off, if that’s what you’re thinking.” Kris nodded, Chanyeol took a sip from his glass.

“You know her so well.” Chanyeol swallowed.

“Not the same as you do.” Kris replied and took his drink.

“Does she…keep in touch with you?”

“Through emails. Just words on a screen.” Kris said lightly.

“Do you call her?” Kris looked at him.

“No. She said she needed time away.”

 

 

“Cheers for our boo!” Luhan cheered over champagne, Byul chuckled and took a sip from her drink. They were inside an exclusive club at Shanghai.

“It’s feels refreshing, being here without Kris ge being so protective about you.” Luhan chuckled as he looked around. Byul was leaning back on her seat, chewing on a bit of fruit.

“It’s all in the past now, our little star’s cleared to go home!” Lay nodded.

“He sounds as if he wants me out of the country.” Byul mused as she picked up his glass.

“So, what are your plans?” Luhan asked her.

“I just called Tao and Kris earlier, I’ve set the paperwork moving. I’ll be on a plane by this Friday.”

“And?” Luhan pressed.

“And, what?”

“Mondo Group’s heir? Chanyeol? Doesn’t ring a bell?”

Byul just slapped his arm.

“If you two never get together, I swear I will~”

 

“Just order food, you old man.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++