037

Superbad

Chanyeol winced as the sun’s rays touched his face, he turned to his right and found Byul all snuggled up on his side, her hair was still in a loose bun and she had managed to pull the covers off him and now it was all wrapped around her frame.

His lips pulled to a small smile before sitting up, he looked at her.

Just a few months ago, Byul would flinch and panic when he tried to touch her. But now, somehow, Byul was better.

She stretched and mumbled, Yeol stood up and walked to the bathroom.

Hanbyul sat up, she heard the bathroom door shut, she blinked. She let her hair down and walked towards the desk, she picked up the documents.

“Mark brought that last night, what do you want to do with it?” Chanyeol’s voice sounded hoarse and husky from sleep.

“My medical records.” Byul smiled as she opened them, her eyes landed on the pictures. She exhaled and faced him, she groaned.

“Put a shirt on!” She gestured towards his topless state.

“Ya, I let you walk around the house with only a bra and shorts on.”

“It’s a sports bra! I use it for exercising.” She defended, Chanyeol made a face at her.

“I’ll go make breakfast or something.”

Chanyeol grinned before catching her wrist and pulling her to his chest.

“Thank you, for letting me do this.” He stated, Byul paused.

“What? Letting you hug me?”

“That and…letting me do the case.”

“I’m not letting you, I think unnie has found another laywer.”

“You know what I mean, Byul.” He said after letting go of her.

“Same, same.” She shrugged; her cheeks were in a tint of pink before running off.

 

 

Byul ran her fingers on her name plaque as she leaned against her table. She looked up when she heard a knock on her door, she smiled and welcomed the male.

“Are you sure about this?” Tao spoke in Mandarin as his secretary joined them.

“Thank you for doing this.” She replied as she gestured for him to sit.

“But…why are you doing this?” Tao frowned as Byul pushed the documents towards him.

“You know well, my sister plans to have her baby at the US, and I cant exactly run the company in my state.” She replied.

“But you were doing so well, little star.” Tao set the documents down, his gaze on her.

“He..Chanyeol made you all bettr, your progress here was nothing compared to when Yixing ge~”

“I can’t depend on him always. I have to do this on my own, Zitao. I have to be well, I need to perfectly well if I want things back.”

“Back? Jie~”

“You know what I mean, it’s still a little hard for me to be around strangers, and I can’t be like that if want to help my family.”

“What about him? Does he know you’re leaving?”

Byul exhaled and started signing on the documents.

“He doesn’t know yet.”

Tao nodded and he picked up his pen and started signing his name next to hers.

 

Chanyeol looked up as he heard the front door open, he left his seat and walked towards the hallway, then he halted.

“What?” He blinked; Byul was smiling as she held on a bright red leash that was connected to a matching collar of a large puppy.

“You said Shelby livens up the place.” She shrugged before winking at him, she sidestepped Chanyeol and walked towards the kitchen with the puppy following her.

Shelby barked once before approaching the pup.

“And I can’t share Shelby, he’s my baby. So, I bought you a gift.” Byul faced Chanyeol.

“He’s….big…for a puppy. He’s still a puppy right?”

“She. And she is a Great Dane. Just like you, a giant.” She mused, Chanyeol’s lips quirked up.

“Thank you, Byul.”

“No biggie.” Byul waved him away, but Chanyeol just opened his arms to her.

“What?” She asked before going into his arms.

“You look a little frazzled, is everything okay?” He asked as he wrapped his arms around her.

“..Of course!” Byul nodded and pulled back, her eyes went to the living room, Shelby was playing with the newcomer.

“Go and meet your new friend.” Byul pushed him before going to the fridge. She exhaled as her fingers circled around the door’s handle.

I’m sorry.

 

 

Byul lifted her feet off the floor and lay flat on the couch, she watched as Chanyeol played with Snow, the Great Dane and with Shelby at the veranda.

I finally found something worth risking for, but I have to leave.

Her phone pinged, it was a message from Kris.

Everything’s prepared. I will meet you at the airport tomorrow afternoon.

She sat up and grabbed and grabbed the remote control, she heard Chanyeol enter the room.

“Ya, are you free tomorrow morning?” She asked him.

“I am, but I have to drop by the house, I actually have been planning to move out of the unit.”

This made Byul pause.

“What? Really?”

“Eomma told me that I should be staying there instead of letting you live in this small space.” At the word small he gestured toward the whole condo unit, which was thrice as big as any unit in the building.

She chuckled.

“I think she has a feeling that you can’t stand being alone at your parents’ house. So, what do you say?” He asked her while placing Snow on his lap.

“Sounds like a good idea, we can go there after breakfast.” She nodded at him as she leaned back on the couch.

“Still not telling me?”

She felt her heavy gaze, Byul’s brows met.

“What?”

“I know something’s wrong, Byul. I can sense it.” Chanyeol stated with a small frown.

She faced him with a smile.

“Do I make you uncomfortable? What I said~” Byul cut him off and just leaned against his side.

“No, maybe it’s just…that unnie’s leaving soon and I have tons of things to do.” She fibbed, Chanyeol nodded and just patted Snow’s head.

“I don’t make you uncomfortable?” He asked softly.

Byul smiled and kissed his cheek.

 

“You never have.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++