014

Superbad

 

 

Kris cursed in Mandarin as he slid down from his seat. His private plane had just landed in Incheon just a few moments ago.

“Send my things to the hotel. Find out where Byul is.” He ordered before going down and walking towards his waiting Audi.

Byul had disappeared from her office and she wasn’t picking up any of his calls.

 

Chanyeol dashed out of his meeting, he was walking briskly towards the elevator as he dialed.

“Where is she?” He asked as Byul’s secretary answered.

“She left her phone here, according to director Kim, chairman just started to run, and she was shaking badly.”

Chanyeol’s mind went to the day when they went to the mall, Byul had panicked and ran away when he touched her.

His brows furrowed briefly.

“I’ll send someone over, so arrange another meeting with BH. I can’t come today.” He put his phone back in pocket before getting in the machine. He leaned against the walls and crossed his arms.

He had security search for Byul inside the KBS building, they all had strict orders that if they find her, they must not approach her. But Byul was never found.

Chanyeol debated whether he should call Saehee or not.

 

 

Shin Ara looked at the man as he explained about the two executives’ absences, her brows met as she remembered Chanyeol and Hanbyul.

Just because she isn’t feeling well, now he’s gone too.

She chewed on her lip as her boss stood up, Ara followed him as he stepped out of the room.

“At least we’ve already come into terms with the contract.” She said as they stepped in the elevator.

“Right.” He nodded as he looked at his watch, Ara looked at her boss. He usually quiet, but everyone in their office knew he has quite a temper.

“You said you know president Park personally.”

“Yes, I do, sir.”

“Did he call you to say he couldn’t make it? You guys are friends.”

Ara winced and looked away.

“He didn’t, sir. He must be a little busy.” She said carefully.

 

Chanyeol walked towards his unit, his brows rose as he noticed that his front door was unhinged. His brows as he quickly stepped in, he noticed a pair of heels on the floor.

“Byul.” He sighed in relief, he looked up and saw light coming from her room. He rushed towards the door and walked in her room, he grew confused as he found it empty. Shelby, her dog, was standing by the bathroom’s door, one paw scraping against the door as he whined.

Then he heard water rushing from the bathroom, Chanyeol pushed the door open and halted.

Byul was sitting on the tub; she had pulled her knees to her chest as she stared on the wall. Chanyeol’s eyes went to her face, her eyes were swollen from crying and she had skinned her knee.

His forehead creased before he approached her, he slowly leaned down and waved his hand at the sensor. The water stopped filling the tub.

“Byul?” He said softly, Byul looked at him, he saw how her fists curled and shoulders tensed. Chanyeol felt his chest tighten, why did she look so afraid?

“You’ll get a cold sitting there, I’ll bring out some towels, okay?” He wanted to reach for her, but somehow he knew she would just flinch back.

Byul nodded, Chanyeol stood up and stepped out her room. He shut the door behind him, he leaned against it and exhaled.

What had happened to Byul? She looked so broken.

 

 

Byul was already out of the tub when he returned to her room, he carefully set the towels on the dresser before stepping out.

Then he blinked and turned to face her again.

“I made some tea, do you want me to bring it up or set it at~”

Byul was in the process of drying her damp hair, her shirt had hiked up a little, Chanyeol saw a scar alongside her waist, his brows met.

“I’ll have it downstairs. Thank you.” Byul’s voice made him look up again, he nodded and left the room.

“She never had that scar…I would remember.” He murmured as he went to his room.

 

 

Byul put on a shirt and a pair of black jeans before heading down, she could hear the television as she climbed down the stairs.

“It’s almost dinner time, anything you want to eat?” Chanyeol had asked her, but she could see that he was hesitating with her.

She bit her lip.

“I saw this Mexican place a few blocks away. I’ll get something for us.” She said quickly before putting on a pair of sneakers.

“I’ll~”

“I’ll be okay alone, Yeol.” She faced him and smiled before leaving the pad. Chanyeol leaned back on the couch.

What happened to you Byul?

His eyes went to her coat on the coffee table then he exhaled and stood up. He grabbed her coat before leaving the unit.

 

 

Chanyeol stayed a few steps behind her as she walked, he knew Byul wanted to be alone but he was worried something would happen to her.

The Byul he knew before was different from the Byul now, she was rebellious and strong. But seeing her so frail, made Chanyeol worry over her.

He was sure now that something had happened to her, he looked at the coat in his hand.

Chanyeol noticed a gold Lamborghini pulled to a stop, a tall slender male had stepped down. His eyes were on Byul.

Chanyeol paused, then the male rushed to Hanbyul and he reached for her hand.

Byul faced the male, Chanyeol saw the male’s eyes harden but he pulled her to his chest and hugged her.

Chanyeol was surpsied, the male had touched her first, but Byul didn’t flinch or run away.

He grew confused as he watched the two, Byul had pulled away. The male was speaking to her, she started to shake her head.

He just nodded, Byul just gestured for him to walk with her.

“Who…” Chanyeol’s lips pursed, he shook his head before deciding to follow the two.

His eyes went to the gold Lamborghini before burying his ands in his pockets.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++