036

Superbad

 

 

 

“Are you sure about this?”

“I have a proposal to make.” Byul stated as she curled her toes on the comforter.

No, I don’t want to marry you.

She chuckled and leaned back.

Take care of some things for me, and I’ll take care of some things for you too.

Hanbyul,

Please. I’m trying to~

What? Not be jealous over Songhee? We went over this last night; I don’t think there’s anything between them. The guy already told you about his feelings!

It’s not that.” She mumbled uncomfortably.

Kris chuckled from the other line, which annoyed Byul more.

I’ll think about it. Maybe you can ask Tao?

I’ll give him a call later, thank you, Tower.

Tower? Your next possible boyfriend is also a tower~

Bye!” She tossed her phone on the bed and stood up, she walked to the windows and saw Mark and her sister pulling over. She sighed and went down.

 

 

Chanyeol stepped out of the study and left the two sisters, Byul was chewing on her lip as she watched him close the door. Her brows met.

Saehee sighed.

“Stay.” She spoke, Chanyeol paused.

Saehee met her best friend’s gaze meaningfully, he nodded and took the seat beside Byul.

“What is it, unnie?”

“I know you don’t want it to be~”

“Publicized.” Byul knotted her fingers together.

“I’m not mad that you didn’t do anything against him, I understand how afraid you must have felt. But I feel hurt that you didn’t tell me, Byul.”

Byul refused to meet her gaze.

“I’m sorry for getting mad, I just….I just felt that I was not able to protect you, Byul. I felt so ty.”

Byul looked up.

“It’s okay, unnie. I should have told you sooner.” She nodded and reached for her hands, Saehee smiled at her before wiping her tears.

“Aigoo, our top CEO is in tears.” Byul , Chanyeol just grinned at Saehee.

“So, what are your plans?” Saehee asked.

“Chanyeol can do whatever he wants to with Songhee’s case, but,” Byul glanced at him.

“But refer her to another lawyer, maybe Suho oppa knows someone? Or I can find someone.” She said, Saehee paused.

“Why not Yeol, Hanbyul?”

“He’s busy running two companies.” She reasoned, while checking her nail beds.

“Really? I’ve seen him multitask, he can do it.” Saehee nodded, her eyes going to Chanyeol, her friend was looking at Hanbyul thoughtfully.

“Unnie, it’s not like we can’t afford another lawyer, besides, Songhee has money too.” Byul stood up and walked to the window. Saehee smirked.

Close enough, Byul.

“Arasso, I’ll ask Suho hyung if he knows someone. I’ll try calling my classmates from law school too.” Chanyeol leaned back on his chair, totally clueless about Byul’s actions. Saehee just grinned at him.

“Good, then I think its time to go home.” Byul faced them, Saehee nodded and stood up.

 

“The jet arrives tomorrow, there’s been a lot of heavy rain in Seoul since we left.” Mark stated as they walked back to the car. Byul nodded, he glanced at her and slowly opened his arms.

“Well, surprisingly, well not really, you haven’t said anything.” She said as she hugged Mark.

“You know how I get angry, it’s different.” He winked before letting go of her.

“What? Mark Tuan, what did you do?” She paused, she heard Saehee chuckle before getting in the car.

“You’ll know soon, see you tomorrow.” Mark smiled before getting inside the car and speeding away.

 

 

“Does she really like to stay out this late? Is it safe?” Byul said as she did the dishes, Chanyeol was leaning against the counter, wiping the plates dry. She was worried about Chanyeol’s mother who had left right after she made dinner for them.

“You sound like her mother. Oh, the irony.” He chuckled.

“I’m serious.” She shot him a look.

“It’s her own studio, it’s heavily guarded too. Don’t worry much.” He put the rag down and got himself a glass of water. Byul wiped her hands on the front of her jeans.

“I’m going to sleep early, good night, you giant.” She mumbled before walking to the stairs.

Chanyeol nodded and glanced at her as she climbed to her room.

Byul entered her room and immediately took a warm shower, she had never felt this exhausted ever since she got back from China. She stepped out of the tub and looked at her reflection, she dropped the towel and reached for the scar on her back.

Her brows met and she shook her head as she started to dress.

Byul walked back into her room and blinked, it was cold.

“Is the heater broken?” She mumbled as she rubbed her hands on her arms, she was clad in a pair of sweats and a tank top. She looked around her room, as it got chillier, she exhaled and padded barefoot towards the door.

 

 

Chanyeol was lying flat on his bed while checking his emails on his phone when he heard the door open, he sat up.

“Is your room okay? Not cold?” Byul asked, her hair still a little damp from her shower.

“No, it’s fine.” He replied, Byul sighed.

“Wae? Is your room cold?”

“It felt like winter all over again.” She sighed as she walked in his room; Chanyeol paused when she lay flat beside him.

“And I really need sleep, you have no idea how tired I am.” She complained as she tugged the covers closer to her, Chanyeol stared at her.

“Are you waiting for me to scream in fear again? Won’t happen.” She mumbled as she yawned, Chanyeol slowly lay flat beside her. She grinned before inserting herself in his arm.

 

“’Night, Yeol.” She smiled before curling herself beside him; Chanyeol just smiled and patted her back.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++