008

Superbad

Chanyeol started to panic as he searched for her. He kept on calling her but she would not pick up.

Then he noticed the ladies’ restroom. He rushed towards the area, then he paused as he saw Byul, she was sitting on the floor just by the door of the restroom.

Chanyeol walked towards her, he noticed her damp cheeks and puffy eyes.

“Byul?” He asked hesitantly before going near her. She looked up, he saw her bite her lip before pushing herself up. Chanyeol was about to help her, but he saw her cringe before he could touch her.

He put his hands down.

“Byul..?”

“I’m fine, but Yeol, how about you go to work, I’m sure I can handle shopping alone.” She said with a small smile as she brushed her hair away from her face.

Chanyeol paused.

“I’ll call you if something comes up.” She faced him, Chanyeol could only nod back at her. Then she carefully walked around him and left.

Chanyeol just watched as she walked away from him, his brows met in confusion before he called for his driver.

 

 

Byul dropped the bags on the table, she was offered some coffee but she declined. She was inside one of the mall’s VVIP rooms, waiting for the driver to come pick her up.

She closed her eyes briefly. She knew she as nothing to worry about, it was just Chanyeol. Chanyeol would never hurt her or touch her inappropriately. Her fists curled as she sat up.

“Director?”

She looked up and saw the familiar face of Chanyeol’s secretary.

“Are you ready to go?” He asked, she nodded with a smile; the male gathered her shopping bags.

Then she paused; there was a girl earlier. She was speaking with Chanyeol when he suddenly grabbed her. Byul chewed on the insides of her cheek.

“Hanbyul?” A familiar voice made her turn, Chanyeol was standing by the elevator, and she felt bad when she saw the uneasiness in his eyes.

“Can you join us for late lunch?” She asked as she walked towards him, Chanyeol smiled.

“That’s the plan, Saehee’s already waiting.” He stated as he pressed the button on the wall. Byul smiled, Kris’s words started to echo in her head.

“Are you afraid….Look, Byul, he can’t hurt you again. You’ll be with your family, protected.”

She took a deep breath before taking Chanyeol’s hand, she wrapped her arm around his as they stepped in the machine.

I’ll be okay. Its just Chanyeol.

She felt Chanyeol tense briefly, but he just squeezed her hand in return.

 

 

Chanyeol’s secretary grew amused but happy as he watched his boss with the HwangSae heir, she still had one arm around his as they walked to the car, the girl was chatting playfully as his boss shook his head while laughing.

The employee smiled, it has been a while since he last saw Mondo’s president smile freely like that. And his boss rarely went out of his usual routine of going to the office and driving back to his home. And yet now here he was at the mall instead of having his usual prepared lunch at his office.

“Secretary Noh?”

“Yes, president?” He looked up.

“I’ll be the one driving, you can go with driver Song.” Chanyeol stated, he nodded and bowed before leaving the two. Then he glanced as they approached the Mercedes Wagen while the young miss was making faces at his boss.

Secretary Noh chuckled; the young lady gave him a small wave before climbing up the car.

 

 

Byul leaned on the dashboard as Chanyeol started the car.

“Ya,” She faced him, her cheek pressed on the dashboard.

“Oh?” He asked as he started to maneuver out of the basement.

“That girl earlier..Was she a friend?” She asked, she saw Chanyeol pause briefly. His eyes went to her face, Byul gave him a smile with all of her teeth out.

Chanyeol shook his head, amused.

“She is..my ex.”

Hanbyul nodded, Chanyeol signaled for her to sit up.

“I’m guessing things didn’t end well.” She commented as she leaned back and took off her heels.

“You guessed right.” He answered absent-mindedly as they reached the main road.

“How bad?” She asked softly, Chanyeol puffed his cheeks briefly.

“I found out that she was cheating on me.”

“Oh, sneaky .” She shook her head, Chanyeol grew amused at her reaction, he wanted to ask her questions about what happened to her earlier, but he changed his mind.

“Well, you deserve someone better, Park Yeol.” She stated, then she took out her phone.

She was smiling as she pushed one side of his cheek upward with one finger.

“Ya, don’t frown. Smile, thinking about her must have made you sour again, sorry.” She chuckled.

 

Hanbyul entered the reserved hall and suddenly paused, causing for Chanyeol to almost bump into her.

“What~” Chanyeol noticed that the room was filled with six people.

“I only have one sibling, what happened?” She murmured, Chanyeol grinned and followed her.

“Unnie.” She said, Saehee smiled and urged her to walk to her seat. Chanyeol sat across her.

“I figured since you’ll be assigned at KBS next week, I’d introduce you to the department heads.” Saehee said chattily.

Byul looked at the new faces before her.

“Nice to meet you, director. I’m Shin Haejun from administration.” A male stepped up to her and offered his hand.

Chanyeol looked up, he saw Byul hesitate. Then she bowed at the male, refusing to shake his hand.

Chanyeol’s brows rose.

“Anyway, let’s eat!” Saehee said and urged her sister to sit.

Chanyeol looked at Byul as she sat down, some of the directors were trying to talk to her. But Byul just kept on nodding back, clearly uncomfortable.

“Byul?” He called, she looked up.

“Let me slice that for you.” He pointed towards her steak, Byul grinned and pushed his plate over to her.

Saehee glanced at the two and smiled as she looked at her plate again.

 

 

“Saehee-yah,“ Chanyeol approached Saehee as they made their way towards the restaurant’s exit. Byul was walking ahead of them, talking with two directors who were asking her questions and hoping to work well with her.

“Did something happen to Byul? While she was in China or…” He trailed off, Saehee blinked at her.

“Happen? She had an accident about two years ago, she was hospitalized for about two weeks.”

“Really?”

“Yeah, but she refused to see anyone, so we didn’t fly to China by then.”

“What kind of accident?” He asked.

“She wasn’t really specific, but I think it was a car accident. You know her, she doesn’t like to share much.” Saehee grinned at him.

Chanyeol’s forehead creased, he never heard of a car accident involving Byul. He was sure he would have heard of it.

“Are you all settled down now?” Saehee spoke as Byul joined them.

“Yeah. How are you feeling, unnie?” Her eyes went to Saehee’s stomach.

“Not feeling anything yet.” She mused, Byul smiled.

Chanyeol looked at her, confusion and concern reigning in his mind.

Something happened to Byul and he knew he should find out.

“I’ll get going then.” Saehee waved at them as her car came into view, Byul waved as her sister’s secretary opened the door for her.

Chanyeol just stared at Byul, then she smirked and bumped her hip against him. He blinked at her.

“Let’s go?”

Did someone hurt her?

Chanyeol grew irritated at the thought of someone might have hurt his friend; he looked at her smiling face.

Why would someone hurt Byul?

Chanyeol just took her offered hand as they walked back towards the car.

“But Park Yeol, why did you date that girl in the first place? I thought you like your women with C-cups. I think she’s just an almost B.”

Chanyeol just sighed and opened the door for her.

“Get in the car, Byul.”

“Really though, did your preferences change?” She turned to him with one foot on the step board.

“Byul, please.” He winced.

She chuckled before getting inside the Wagen.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++